TAC 11 - Sleepy JTAC?

Hellride

Hi all,

So graduated to the TTQ and cannot get past the first mission - can't get the JTAC "Axeman" to respond. I have tried about a half dozen times so far, and today I finally got him to respond but then he disappeared and wouldn't come back after I reported "ready to copy."

I have no idea what else to try? I'm using the FM radio on TAD 60 - 30.0MHz. Thought maybe we were checking into the area early so circled at WP1 for a while to check in by 7:15 but didn't work. Not sure what I'm not triggering and not sure why it kind of worked today then didn't.

Any thoughts? I'm flying 2.5 Beta on VR but otherwise nothing different.

Thanks for any help - was looking forward to the campaign but this is getting a little frustrating.

PS - as an aside, when responding to the FE do I use the AM radio on TAD 12? The briefing says our flight is on TAD 15 (IIRC) which is the typical UHF for wingmen. He responds either way, but wasn't sure what was expected. Thanks again.

Try a second call to the JTAC. Not sure why they won't respond on the first call but they typically respond on the second call (could be the game engine is still trying to figure out what to respond with).

You should use TAD 12 during the mission as it's the Tactical frequency. In the early missions the FE is also your wingman (so TAD 15 would also work) but that changes later in the campaign.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thanks for the quick reply. I try calling him several times around Bravo, but only had him come back that one time and then he disappeared again. Is there a trigger point somewhere that I may be missing? I'll try again, will also see if 1.5 will work. If it takes some time for him to respond I can try waiting but I've already waited a long time circling and playtime is only 15 mins.

Thanks for the radio clarification. I was wondering how he talked to me at mission start-up on the same freq as the tower, then pushed to 124 unless he was over UHF until the push. If he's not in our flight makes sense he'd be under TAD 12.

Well, I guess I'm getting some progress. Axeman answered after my initial check-in today, but then disappears and never provides the 9-line. I wait. And wait... Nothing. So I check-out. He says I may depart. Cool. Check-in again, he's back - "ready to copy." Nothing. Try that a few times, then check out and he says I may depart. By the time I get to Charlie, I fail the mission for leaving the area. Which I figured would happen.

...when I get some time, I'm going to try on 1.5 next. Something is definitely up or I'm doing something wrong.

It kind of reminds me of requesting take off at the hold short. ATC grants permission to taxi, but if I hold short and request take-off they disappear. If I just storm straight through to the runway - they announce unable to clear, with an immediate follow up of cleared for take-off. Started happening in the advanced campaign at Kobuleti and continues here. Never happened at Batumi during basic.

Try a DCS Repair as something does seem off with the way your game is performing.

We recently retested TAC 11 in 2.5 and the JTAC responded fine. We intend to produce new 2.5 videos of all the missions so users can compare their experience to how the missions should play.

In my case, Axeman will communicate fine with me. I'm able to establish playtime, find, locate, and kill the 2 tanks using my mavs. My issue is with Uzi, he won't talk to me no matter what I do.

I'm using VHF AM 124 to try to communicate with him and following this youtube video to make sure I'm following every step correctly:

I'm getting told Shack after every tank kill. Axeman releases me and tells me I have no more targets. I then fly back to WP beta, orbit, then using the keyboard based communication system (to make sure it isn't a Voiceattack, Vaicom issue) to contact Uzi and declare 15 minutes playtime. He just never responds. Using the open 2.5 beta.

I'm totally willing to apologize to him if I need to, I just need to know how ;)

Edited by bmsimpson93

Haha. Not sure what may be causing your Uzi issue - I finally had success last night, but the repair didn't do it. Had to reinstall the entire beta and now it works as advertised - except for the ATC granting permission for take off but I can live with that.

At first Uzi didn't respond and I felt gutted - only to realize I hadn't used the 124AM freq. Then he did come on and gave me my target but be prepared with pen and paper... All I'm saying. :) I didn't fly back to Beta though. Maybe that's the difference?

Try a DCS Repair as something does seem off with the way your game is performing.

We recently retested TAC 11 in 2.5 and the JTAC responded fine. We intend to produce new 2.5 videos of all the missions so users can compare their experience to how the missions should play.

Waiting for these videos as recon Stewart didn't pick up after TAC 19. This will be great to see how it should be done. Practice misison tac 19 went fine I passed it but the check ride my wingman get shot down by the 4th target with tanks. Looking forward to the videos!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

In my case, Axeman will communicate fine with me. I'm able to establish playtime, find, locate, and kill the 2 tanks using my mavs. My issue is with Uzi, he won't talk to me no matter what I do.

I'm using VHF AM 124 to try to communicate with him and following this youtube video to make sure I'm following every step correctly:

I'm getting told Shack after every tank kill. Axeman releases me and tells me I have no more targets. I then fly back to WP beta, orbit, then using the keyboard based communication system (to make sure it isn't a Voiceattack, Vaicom issue) to contact Uzi and declare 15 minutes playtime. He just never responds. Using the open 2.5 beta.

I'm totally willing to apologize to him if I need to, I just need to know how ;)

Just finished the mission. ...and it occurred to me. If you have Vaicom running Uzi will not respond. Turn Vaicom/VA off completely and re fly. Uzi should respond as well as the remainder of the JTACs.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at both the campaign and practice mission in the mission editor, Uzi 11 is assigned to com 127.5. The briefing though, says that he should be on 124. In the mission editor, Enfield 11 is at 124.

Is that correct? Mission 12 is like that as well.

• 5 weeks later...

I have communication problems with Axeman. As I communicate in 2.5.0 Open Beta everything worked fine. Now I can't send my confirmation on target designation. I press F1 and the comms menu just disappeares. My pilot speaks nothing. It begins to work only if I press F2 and cancel the attack. Any ideas?

• 7 months later...

When is the Update out, I try to contact Uzi on 127,50 and my Instructor trolling me, I reach the end of VUL. why Uzi 11 is not working?

And 124 also not working, also 31 AM are not working, When I look in to the mission I see the Com is set up 127,5 but not set up in the Advance Panel?

Might that why you not able to fix it?

Regards

Tango Lima/Scorpion

Edited by Thomas Loeffelmann

That was fixed a long time ago and it does work using Easy Comms on 124.00 MHZ FM (see attached screenshot).

However it doesn't appear to be working when not using Easy Comms. Likely something in the last game update has broken it and we will see if we can fix it.

So for now change your setting to use Easy Comms and you should be able to contact them.

1564132891_JTACNotResponding.thumb.jpg.53bef6bdfe5a8660f303cc822a665b4f.jpg