Next US fixed wing jet DCS

*Rage*

Next US fixed wing jet DCS  

323 members have voted

1. 1. Next US fixed wing jet DCS

A spitfire can shoot me down. That's how bad I am at A2A.

Fighter pilots can't drop a bomb on a barn door, that's why they hate the A2G boys

Bomber pilots can't hit a drone, that's why they hate the fighter girls

and

Multi-role pilots are s**t at both but at lest they admit it by flying a multi-role A/C

p.s. i think it'll be the Viper.

What are you flying when you are shot down by the Spit? WWI era biplane? Or 4th gen jet?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am EPIC FAIL at A2A.

That makes at least two of us.:joystick:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

There were an awful lot of pictures of the Mudhen during the A-10C install....

But then theres also a nice 3D F-16 cockpit floating around

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I'd take the BUFF just so I can act like Slim Pickens on teamspeak the whole time.

Hey, its a Fixed Wing :D

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I'll laugh if it's the F4...

but I heard that we're [uK] getting the F/A -18 [and dropping the F-35] somewhere...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

From my post elsewhere...

I think the attraction of more than just 'combat' as a major pillar of the DCS series would suggest that carrier operations are a possibility. ED have developed a full fidelity cockpit simulator with land-based aircraft designed for air-to-ground combat solely. Let's be presumptuous and knowing that the next module will be a USAF/USMC/USN fixed-wing, and they'd want to make best use of the pre-made A2G aspect, and (hopefully) add the A2A aspect; it could be the F-16C/D given that there's 1200+ of them around the USA and that's a lot of pilots to train due to natural wastage , or an F/A-18E/F, given there's ~400 of them in USN service with another ~120 ordered, again needing much in the way of pilot training both new and replenishment. In my (amateur and uninformed) opinion that gives those two much more chance of a DTS contract with TFC than, say, an F-15, -22 or AV-8B.

When you consider an aircraft such as the F/A-18 it seems like to not add carrier operations would be wrong... and we saw in Lock On that ED have the basics of carrier operations down, so while ambitious I definately think they have the skill level to pull it off in a DCS-level sim environment.

Given there's more new F/A-18s being ordered and Jim specifically mentioned a 'US' aircraft i'm swayed more that it'll be a Super Hornet. Coincedentally I also want it to be the Hornet...

but I heard that we're [uK] getting the F/A -18 [and dropping the F-35] somewhere...

Dirty rumour spread by some MoD types as they thought it'd be cheaper to bin the F-35 now in favour of the F/A-18E/F with a cheap deal for the next refit (G/H or whatever) in 202X. Keeping with JSF but switching to the -35C makes much more economical sense. Or even more economical sense, dump JSF and buy 14 (12 + 2 trainer/redundancy) Naval Rafale's, so when CdeG goes into 2-year refit as QE is commissioned we share the QE with her large capacity, then as CdeG gets seaborne again we each have a squadron with spares/trainers, then when QE no doubt has a "gardening" refit in 2025 they all move to CdeG for however long. If we're gonna make a deal with the French we may aswell get the most outta it. :music_whistling:

/offtopic...

Meh, that thing is slow. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Meh, that thing is slow. :P

So you call Mach 1.7 is slow for a plane with fixed inlet geometry? Hey man, to each his own. I, for one, would love a Hornet, but I think the legacy one looks cooler.

-Robert Goddard

Having fixed inlet doesn't save it. That's a deficiency. Fuel is an issue as well.

But I hope you did spot the smileyface. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hornet is what the industry needs. Not withstanding 7g's contribution, its time someone covered the carrier aspect. That said same deal for a decent Strike eagle remake. Of whats out there though an F-16 seems the most easy to do.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

To start with im sure of at least two things and that is.

One:

ED has been working on whatever is coming next for several months allready.

Two:

And people who have been working with A-10 up til recently are now working on the new project full time

to get it on track within the expected timeframe .... Let me guess (optimistically) around Christmas.

Meantime there will be a patch or two for the A-10

Finally i wish and hope (allthough i think they won't tell us anytime soon) the follow up will be a Flanker or MIG .... But thats just me

:smilewink:

Edited by <51>GRIZZLY

Finally i wish and hope (allthough i think they won't tell us anytime soon) it will be a Flanker or MIG .... But thats just me

:smilewink:

US fixed wing.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Who knows, maybe in 5 yrs we all can choose our Platform of War....C-5 dropping tanks, Chute ready to the Battlefield.:thumbup: HMMM..can the KA-50 Sling load????

Edited by celticcoho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Who knows, maybe in 5 yrs we all can choose our Platform of War....C-5 dropping tanks, Chute ready to the Battlefield.:thumbup: HMMM..can the KA-50 Sling load????

I thought I recall something about a hook release somewhere in the Shark's pit. On the collective maybe?

-Robert Goddard

I see you are part of the people who cannot do A2A :D

Now the question is, are you part of those who rather than admitting it claim that A2G is 'more fun', or part of those who know they're no good at it? ;)

Bombers are for those who want somethin' more than GheyTopGun ;)

I know you know pure A2A (F-15C) would be so booooring...

F-16/F-18>F15

F-16/F18 multiroles are the best. Period. Thank you.

:D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

^^I agree. Way more fun if you fight off bandits on the way in, bomb the hell out of something, and fight the way out.

That as opposed to going in circles until something pops up, then shooting at it before you can even see it.

-Robert Goddard