FreeFalcon 5.0 is here.

-ASG-

I wanted to play Mavericks trening and I flew AWACS ROFL.

Anyway good feelings and emotions flying this Awacs :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hmmmm..Interesting Plot here

He he he;

Could FF5 start a spiral down ward swing away from Black Shark..possibly..since Black Shark is mostly a Chopper base Sim now.

I do believe DCS intensions were admirable to start but to leave the fixed wing pilots out of the picture for Black Shark .. will only have Community members move elsewhere..don't get me wrong I do believe Black Shark is well put together...but again they failed to remember what had got them here..." Lock On ", other sims updated their projects to improve on what they had started.

All DCS did is start from scratch, and move another direction, forgetting about their long standing community, sure patch planes will be added, but from where I stand..each new plane will take one year to add the way things are going..

I'd like to see DCS, make a new complete patch for Lock On..as they build on Black Shark..:book::thumbup:

• Like 1

9months A-10C and BTW what has that got to do with FF5?

LOL of course it has nothing to do with FF5, the point I was just making is that DCS if they had more research they could have seen that maybe they should also update the Lock On Series..with a newer patch..while developing Black Shark..after all the Community Members were their strongest allies..for years...

By turning aside from what gets you here...others come into play and members move on..Lock On had a very strong showing for years...and was and is still far beyond most Sim's out there..but it is like this..what have you done for me lately senerio...other sims see that constant improvements are needed as Computer systems get strong and better to take all those graphic's needed..and developers are taking advantage of the newer programs to develop better sims..:book::book::book:

I'm more inclined to trust ED's/TFC's business judgement on that. First off, software companies do not usually make money from "patches". In spite of that, they have indicated that one may be released, along with stating what they envision happening in the Lock On community:

From http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=718&scr=default&lang=en

Q: Does the launch of the new DCS series mean the end of Lock On?

A: Absolutely not. The DCS series and Lock On will live side by side for many years to come. The Lock On community is extremely active, with many websites, and new users are purchasing Lock On and Flaming Cliffs every day. Modifications are continually being launched by the communities that enhance the Lock On experience. Though we will not be launching new aircraft for Lock On, we are evaluating a 1.13 patch to meet the continual demands of the Lock On community.

Second, people using FF5 (or whatever sim) and DCS is not a mutually exclusive proposition. It doesn't take a lot of searching in these forums to see that many people are running multiple sims. As such, some people "moving on" to FF5 (or whatever sim) doesn't translate to an equal number of people being lost from the Lock On, or DCS community.

Third, do you know how much of their revenue stream comes from miltary contracts compared to game sales? I don't, and I doubt that you do either. I suspect the military contracts represent a substantial portion of their revenues though, as it would make sense in light of the decisions that we are seeing.

There is an enlightening thread related to the business of making flight simulator software: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38451

Various posts in these forums have shown that a number of people involved with the project have first hand knowledge of events around Falcon 4.0 and other sims... Since they appear to be intelligent people, I conclude that their experience and reasoning is likely to lead them to make better decisions based in part upon the "inside" knowledge that they have. After all, we don't know all the details of what they are dealing with.

As for the 'what have you done for me lately scenario'... well, they just rolled out the best combat flight study sim to date. Yes, it is a rotary wing aircraft this time. The next one will be a fixed wing, somewhere around 9 months after the DVD box sets go out. Does anyone really think that there will be a dearth of customers for DCS: A10C when it comes out?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

LOL of course it has nothing to do with FF5, the point I was just making is that DCS if they had more research they could have seen that maybe they should also update the Lock On Series..with a newer patch..while developing Black Shark..after all the Community Members were their strongest allies..for years...

Lockon has ended DCS is now the new sim an addon for LO would be a step backwards. Perhaps you should start a new thread somewhere more appropriate.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I know what aircraft are capable of caring ARM missiles, but on a Block 50 or any ARM capable aircraft for that matter, I can not get the HAD (HARM Attack Display) to come on in the HAD page on the right or left MFD. When I go to the HAD page, it shows HAD off, even tho the right and left hard points (5A and 5B) are powered up. It works in the Training mission but not on any ARM capable aircraft after completion a engine start or ramp start. I thought that maybe the HTS was model Like a TGP but when the targeting pod came on line I still did not have a HTS/HAD display. What am I missing? What I am forgetting?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I know what aircraft are capable of caring ARM missiles, but on a Block 50 or any ARM capable aircraft for that matter, I can not get the HAD (HARM Attack Display) to come on in the HAD page on the right or left MFD. When I go to the HAD page, it shows HAD off, even tho the right and left hard points (5A and 5B) are powered up. It works in the Training mission but not on any ARM capable aircraft after completion a engine start or ramp start. I thought that maybe the HTS was model Like a TGP but when the targeting pod came on line I still did not have a HTS/HAD display. What am I missing? What I am forgetting?

If the aircraft is not armed with a HTS-pod then you need to select the HAS mode under the WPN page on the Right-MFD after powering-up the HARMs.

There is a section dedicated to HARM avionics in the Companion Manual.

=-;648889']If the aircraft is not armed with a HTS-pod then you need to select the HAS mode under the WPN page on the Right-MFD after powering-up the HARMs.

There is a section dedicated to HARM avionics in the Companion Manual.

Yep, but a F-16 block 50 should be able to have a HTS pod mounted ( and it does on the game) so I should be able to go to the HAD page in the MFD. I do not know if the other aircraft capable of caring a HARM have a similar MFD page (i.e. Tornado ECR, F-4G. E/A-6 ect.) I just figure I was doing something wrong, that is why I was asking.

About the manual, yes I know it has several pages about the HTS and HARM but nothing was mention on what to do if an F-16 carrying a HTS pod could not go to the HAD page.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Tornado would carry ALARM afaik, it has the loiter capacity too :)

:D

AGM-88_and_AIM-9_on_Tornado.jpg

IAT+Fairford+2007+034.jpg

img_74_9421_1?1169725261.jpg

To whom it may concern,

Yep, but a F-16 block 50 should be able to have a HTS pod mounted ( and it does on the game) so I should be able to go to the HAD page in the MFD. I do not know if the other aircraft capable of caring a HARM have a similar MFD page (i.e. Tornado ECR, F-4G. E/A-6 ect.) I just figure I was doing something wrong, that is why I was asking.

About the manual, yes I know it has several pages about the HTS and HARM but nothing was mention on what to do if an F-16 carrying a HTS pod could not go to the HAD page.

You are right about the Block50 carrying the HTS pod and it does so in the game as well.

I am not sure why you were not able to get to the HAD page after powering up the HARMs. I just flew and was able to get to the HAD pages in Block50.

HAD mode is available via OSB-2 on right MFD. Following is the process.

You need to Power-up the HARMs. You need to click again on OSB-12 while staying on SMS page. Then press OSB-2 for selecting HAD.

The same is mentioned on page 165 of the manual.

PS: There is a known issue of missile foot-print not changing for distances under 60nm when in HAD mode.

Maybe we have different versions of FF5. Every time I go to the HAD page in as block 50 the HAD shows as OFF and I have not way to turn it on that I know of.

Also the HAD page should have nothing to do with HARM missile on or not, rather whether I have the HST pod installed and if there is power to that station (i.e. station 5A or B) Also , the manual does not say how to turn the HAD on if it show off. Apparently they did not add this to the block 50 in the game, why? I have no idea. I was also asking on different forums.

http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14695&page=2

P.S.

Seems to work fine in a block 52

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

• 1 month later...