This week's mission

Sandman1330

• ED Team
A few more tries and I've got it nailed. Fun mission!

The HARM shooters need a little remedial training though... They never actually kill the SA6s, I just wait outside the envelope while they shoot off all their missiles, then go in for the attack once they've run out LOL

No problem here. The only issue could be is if you failed to deal with the MiGs and they reached the SEAD flight behind you.

• ED Team
I have the same complaint as the OP. You literally wake-up just a few miles from the bandits with your Countermeasures not properly configured or any other settings the way you want it. The bandit is literally about 5 miles from me by the time I'm ready to engage.

Hell, I would have loved if this was a cold-start or runway-start mission. I really hate jumping into battle with my targets about to pass me by.

Sorry, but no. In the current version you start 60 nm from the target and 40 nm from the lead MiG flight. That is plenty of time/distance. Hardly "a few miles".

• ED Team
i have made a long run version ...

- starting from catapult neyt to your leader

- flying in formation to action start point (all follow the leader, you are the wingmen !)

- adding more fuel

- starting the fence in action via a trigger (that is the original part !! from ED)

- adding a tanker (KC-130)

@officials:

could i get the permission to publish these modified original mission?

Please feel free, it's a non-protected mission to do what you like with. There is already an S-3 tanker BTW.

Please feel free, it's a non-protected mission to do what you like with. There is already an S-3 tanker BTW.

Hey Wags,

thank you !

but the S3-Tanker was not available ... :cry:

- i add some communication information to the briefing and have fixed Stennis TCN channel ...

@all:

take time, feel free, and i would be glad if the mission would be nice as the original too :joystick:

too much ...

• ED Team
Hey Wags,

thank you !

but the S3-Tanker was not available ... :cry:

- i add some communication information to the briefing and have fixed Stennis TCN channel ...

@all:

take time, feel free, and i would be glad if the mission would be nice as the original too :joystick:

You are using an old version then.

i downloaded the mission in early announcement within the german forum, may be ...

but no problem :thumbup:

sorry for that ...

hope there were no bigger problems inside :cry:

the "german" mission worked good for me, except the Stennis Tacan channel ...

Edited by caponi

too much ...

Sorry, but no. In the current version you start 60 nm from the target and 40 nm from the lead MiG flight. That is plenty of time/distance. Hardly "a few miles".

Wags,

So I just tested this. As soon as the mission starts you're traveling at about 320 knotts with the enemy heading straight to you. If you maintain this speed, alt, and course you have exactly 120 seconds before the bandits are 1nm from you. But you probably want to be ready by the time they're 20nm from you.

Yes, that's enough time to prepare for some people, but not everyone wants to start the engagement at 320 knotts, and accelerating only means you have far less time to prepare for the engagement and obtain a situation awareness. So, yes.

I really don't see why it's a problem having additional time to setup the engagement.