Elgato Stream Deck as configurable button box

I had that problem too of not responding but working with at the same time some CDT when I was flying the F14 in MP.

I formatted my pc, fresh install and testing now. I will let you known about how is working.

I had not voice attack and Viacom installed when this happened.

Killing time in the bathroom, honey bring me some matches...fewwwwww.

Maybe that was the reason for the CTD (and not the elgato ):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235731

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does but I have found the Win keys do not seem to be recognised as modifiers, so any command / control with a Win key I reset to use another modifier.

7ZjCvzy.jpg

Strut,

My hotkey modifier options are different than yours. In the Modifier-only-Hotkeys section, you have L-Shift, L-Ctrl, etc. Mine just says Shift or Ctrl. Could this be why I cant select left or right modifiers? Any idea what might cause this?

KelGun, at the top of that drop down box where you see "Modifier -only -Hotkeys" click on the 'Differentiate Left/Right Modifiers' at the very top of the drop down box - you have to do this for every new button/switch you make.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

KelGun, at the top of that drop down box where you see "Modifier -only -Hotkeys" click on the 'Differentiate Left/Right Modifiers' at the very top of the drop down box - you have to do this for every new button/switch you make.

Thanks man! I did not even see that!

Thanks man! I did not even see that!

No worries mate , glad you sorted it.

Regards

DL available skins here:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Roger01, as I saw your example video about the 2-way communication with the A-10C jettison part, have you developed that profile any further?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T820 mit Tapatalk

sharkfin out!

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

It's not the A-10C but the F18C on the video. But you can easily change the index.js with the control-reference.html of DCS bios.

You just need 2/3 things :

1/ know the DCS bios code of the desired button (with the control-reference, it's easy).

2/ put the code line of the correct associated button (switch2/ledButtonA/switch65535/etc.).

3/ create images and test all that things.

I haven't worked on this project for a while, but now that Elgato has a SDK out and they've improved it to the point where the documentation has all the key pieces of info I need, I'm going to start working on a version that integrates with the Stream Deck software. This will save me the trouble of recreating the Stream Deck software itself, which is something I started on but lost interest in. I was originally planning to add in features that didn't exist in the official software, such as folders, text support, profiles, and automatic switching based on application, but Elgato has added all of those and more. There's still some stuff that's not great about the official software, like the lack of high DPI awareness and the limited font choices, but at this point it makes a whole ton more sense to integrate with their software than to start over again from scratch.

Edited by Ranma13

My Streamdeck has stopped working with DCS. Ive uninstalled all Elgato software and profiles and re-Installed the latest, made new profiles and still can not get any response from DCS, I can not see key presses in the DCS settings when I press the streamdeck buttons, but I can when I press keyboard . I have tested it ( StreamDeck) on the Keyboard tester and it works fine. So now I am totally stumped. Any suggestions welcome.

Regards

DL available skins here:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

been following through this thread for a bit, i have 2 SD's and was considering if i should start to work on stuff with the various code/repos that have been shared so far.

Since Ranma13 is going to switch over to trying to make a plugin, then i think that is the way to go.

Im thinking im best to wait till the preliminary version of that and/or its repo are available and then i can start seeing what i can do with it. Looking forward to updates.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

As a small update, I started working on the Stream Deck plugin, but it's a real pain. I gave it a college try once before when the SDK was first released, but it was obvious that it was an early first release and wasn't ready for prime time. That situation hasn't really changed much.

The SDK documentation falls into the typical trap of being a good reference only if you know what you're doing and only need to look up very specific pieces of info, but otherwise is very bad in explaining how to get set up and running. It also relies way too heavily on example projects to explain its various functions, so you end up having to download all those example projects and understanding how they work before the documentation starts to makes sense. The example projects are also written by different people with different coding styles, so there's no uniformity in their design or an official "this is the way you should do it" sample.

On the debugging side, it's a major pain and it's what's roadblocking me right now. The API will ignore all requests that it doesn't understand or is missing required data, without any error messages. This makes it incredibly difficult to figure out what you're doing wrong, especially when the documentation is so sparse. The debugger they provide is also really crappy. You can debug the settings panel for each button (they call it the Property Inspector), but whenever you click away from a button and back onto it, it creates a new instance of the Property Inspector and you have to reload the debugger, because the debugger is tied to the Property Inspector instance. This means that if you accidentally click on another button (or in the gray space between the buttons) or need to reload the settings panel, you also need to reload the debugger as well. I think I've spent more time reloading the debugger than I have actually coding.

I'll keep hacking away at it, but unless I get some kind of breakthrough, progress will be slow.

Just curious if anyone has come up with a way to mount the streamdeck on the front of the Warthog throttle yet using 3D printed parts.

I have the Streamdeck (left side) and the Mini (right side). Mini is the same unit but only has 6 buttons. But I use it for Jester and Keyboard commands mainly.

But love the stream deck. It especially helps with things in VR.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, I've been putting some time into the Stream Deck plugin and have gotten pretty far with it. Here are some screenshots of the current development progress:

7iKvX3nl.jpg

3mRvOHLl.jpg

6ywUieXl.jpg

The main window only has a Configure button, which opens a separate window for the actual button settings. It's more complex to do it this way, but Elgato really doesn't give you a whole lot of space on the main window. In the new window, you pick a control from a list, then configure what you want the button to do when the either the control changes or the Stream Deck button is pressed. For the majority of controls, you'll only need to select one control, but there are some like the LED buttons that actually consist of two controls, one for the LED, and one for the button itself.

You'll have to provide your own images, and you'll also have to provide the logic for each control instead of just selecting which control you want and have it automagically work. There's not much I can do about that; there's thousands of controls and I can't feasibly go through all of them and write the logic for everything. On the upside though, profiles can be exported and they will contain all the data needed (including images), so if someone out there writes a profile, you should be able to import it and use it automagically.

That said, I might add some convenience settings to make it easier to bind to things like toggle switches, analog dials, and LED buttons, though arguably it's not exactly hard to do right now. In any case, I'm getting close to an initial release. I just need to clean up some of the logic and do an art pass on the UI, and it should be ready for a 0.0.1 release. I don't want to give any timelines because I'm doing this on my free time and lately there has been some stuff that's been eating into that, but it should be soon.

that looks like great progress, when you feel its ready will you have the source in a github repo incase someone can help with a pull request? i am not sure i can do much, but others might.

looking forward to seeing it when you are are ready!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Great news, Ranma13! I hope the final product won't be limited to the KA-50.

sharkfin out!

NEW RIG: