DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Do anyone know if there is a way to run the script on system start or make a shortcut to the cts "execute the script" button so i can run the script w/o running the cts app?

See Appendix E in the Advanced Configuration Guide. :thumbup:

Home fries we got an update inbound to enable sensor select depress on FA18? IFF requires it.

Yes, this is in the next version. In the meantime, go to the DCS Options menu and just map the H3U/D/L/R key commands (not joystick commands) with JoyBtn30 modifier to the sensor select depress. This way S3+H3U/D/L/R will depress the button.

For cougar users, just map JoyBtn30 and H3L/R.

Hi Home Fries,

Just downloaded your latest software, 2.29a, installed it but when i run it, it get this error.

Compile Error: Symbol not found: Eng_Start_FC3 in DCS_World.tmc at line 149.

I never had any issues with your profiles since years so would you know what would be the issue ?

thanks and best regards,

Pascal

Hi Home Fries,

Just downloaded your latest software, 2.29a, installed it but when i run it, it get this error.

Compile Error: Symbol not found: Eng_Start_FC3 in DCS_World.tmc at line 149.

I never had any issues with your profiles since years so would you know what would be the issue ?

thanks and best regards,

Pascal

Did you rebuild the profile after updating to 2.29a? I have Eng_Start_FC3 in my tmc file.

I’ll have a MiG profile once I get the MiG. Right now the Tomcat gets priority.

I hope you are already working on the car

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Version 2.30 is available.

Change Log:

• Updated station switching for multi-crew aircraft to be more consistent between VR and non-VR platforms.
  • Removed need to double-tap H1L/R to cycle seat controls in UH-1 and Mi-8.
  • Applied playing of Gear Up/Down wav files if Number of Thrustmaster MFDs is set to 0.
  • F/A-18C: Added Station Select Switch Push to S3+H3.
    Cougar H2D replaced Cage/Uncage with RAID/FOV Cycle.
  • AWACS: Allows LotATC 1.2.0+ Bullseye Reference and Range Ring hotkeys to be modified in CTS Settings.

I’ll start work on Wednesday. I already have ideas, but I need to see how the buttons are coded before I can start mappings and algorithms.

Thanks HF! looking forward to it!

intill then:

:joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick:

I have an issue with the Ka-50 profile after ejecting (which happens...frequently). It never works correctly afterwards. I see in the log:

Ejecting...S2 Set to CommState...Done!

Resetting GearState and profile arrays...

Done.

I see on the LED's the Rotor Brake and Landing Gear lights. I do not see Fuel Switch On lights (per my profile start settings). Everything seems normal there. However, trim does not work. Trim does not work regardless of changing or not changing Gear State. Instead of trim, I get nothing on press and then SHKVAL Uncage on release. There are other little issues as well, but this is always what I notice first. The only solution I have found is to stop the profile and run it again.

I don't know if this is related, or whether it's working as intended, but normally if I cycle the Gear state (using S3+LDGH), the Fuel Switch lights follow suit. i.e., from profile load, if I switch to Gear Up state, I see the Fuel Switch lights turn on (mission starting in the air). If I then cycle again to Gear Down state, I see Fuel Switch lights turn off (mission starting on the ground, engines running, Rotor Brake light also stays off). That's as it should be. After an Ejection sequence, and subsequent profile reinitialization, these Fuel Switch lights no longer behave the same. In this case, they start out on, stay on at Gear Up state, but go out on Gear Down state (Rotor Brake light is off). This is a little inconsistent from a fresh profile start, so maybe there is a connection? Just wanted to mention that in case there is.

As always, thank you!!

I have an issue with the Ka-50 profile after ejecting (which happens...frequently). It never works correctly afterwards. I see in the log:

Ejecting...S2 Set to CommState...Done!

Resetting GearState and profile arrays...

Done.

I see on the LED's the Rotor Brake and Landing Gear lights. I do not see Fuel Switch On lights (per my profile start settings). Everything seems normal there. However, trim does not work. Trim does not work regardless of changing or not changing Gear State. Instead of trim, I get nothing on press and then SHKVAL Uncage on release. There are other little issues as well, but this is always what I notice first. The only solution I have found is to stop the profile and run it again.

I don't know if this is related, or whether it's working as intended, but normally if I cycle the Gear state (using S3+LDGH), the Fuel Switch lights follow suit. i.e., from profile load, if I switch to Gear Up state, I see the Fuel Switch lights turn on (mission starting in the air). If I then cycle again to Gear Down state, I see Fuel Switch lights turn off (mission starting on the ground, engines running, Rotor Brake light also stays off). That's as it should be. After an Ejection sequence, and subsequent profile reinitialization, these Fuel Switch lights no longer behave the same. In this case, they start out on, stay on at Gear Up state, but go out on Gear Down state (Rotor Brake light is off). This is a little inconsistent from a fresh profile start, so maybe there is a connection? Just wanted to mention that in case there is.

As always, thank you!!

Oh, man, that sounds like a doosie! :doh: Here's a question: rather than restarting the profile, do you have satisfactory results by selecting a different module (e.g. F/A-18 ), starting that profile, then reselecting the Ka-50? If this works, this is a much more convenient workaround than restarting the profile, and it also helps to narrow down the source of the bug. If it doesn't work, at least it helps to narrow down the source of the bug.

I'm knee deep in the Tomcat profile right now in the scarce moments I'm not working, but I will investigate once I have a Tomcat profile out.

And for the Tomcat fans: :joystick::joystick:

I'm hard at work on the profile, and I hope to have a releasable update next week. However, programming both the Pilot and RIO seats in the same profile has proven to be a bigger challenge than even the C-101 (which uses different mappings for the same front and back seat functions). This is because the HOTAS and MFD buttons map to fundamentally different functions, and some things (like Jester) require modifications to existing global routines. The Tomcat profile will need a closed beta test to make sure there are no showstopper bugs that break other modules, and then I will get a WIP framework out so you guys can enjoy the Tomcat now with features and smoothing to follow later.

The HOTAS functionality for the Pilot is very similar to the default, though I have moved wing sweep to the China Hat (fwd/aft for moving the wings, S3+fwd/aft for Auto/Bomb modes respectively). Here's how the MFD functionality is grouped for the pilot:

• LMFD: ACM Panel top row, Autopilot/SAS bottom row. Left/right TBD.
  • RMFD: Display mode left column, Steer Command bottom row, rocker switches toggle HUD/VDI/HSD modes.

The RIO routine is a bit more fleshed out (as befits my real-world NFO background :D ). Here are the MFD mappings:

• LMFD: CAP console (left/right buttons and bottom row for modes). Top row has weapons employment, TCS/LANTIRN, and TACAN Command buttons.
  • RMFD: DDD and TID. Top row is DDD Range, columns are radar modes, and bottom row are the TID buttons for screen display. The rocker switches cycle the TID modes, range, and waypoints, and the top row of rockers (including the LSYM) operate the Lobe, Aspect, and Vc switches on the DDD.

Another feature I'm proud of is the LANTIRN mapping at the RIO station. The Warthog stick defaults to the HCU, but if you switch the laser to arm (APU on the Warthog Throttle) it remaps the stick to the LANTIRN functionality. APU off remaps the stick to the HCU again. This feature can be optionally disabled if you already have a secondary stick you use for LANTIRN.

My desire is to get this profile out ASAP with no showstopper bugs, then continue to refine the profile (adding features and fixing less-critical bugs). My real life means I'm not in a position to make promises, but I've been waiting for a good Tomcat sim for over 25 years (since Fleet Defender came out) and I have every intention of making a product I want to use, then sharing it with all of you.

Edited by Home Fries

Oh, man, that sounds like a doosie! :doh: Here's a question: rather than restarting the profile, do you have satisfactory results by selecting a different module (e.g. F/A-18 ), starting that profile, then reselecting the Ka-50? If this works, this is a much more convenient workaround than restarting the profile, and it also helps to narrow down the source of the bug. If it doesn't work, at least it helps to narrow down the source of the bug.

I'm knee deep in the Tomcat profile right now in the scarce moments I'm not working, but I will investigate once I have a Tomcat profile out.

And for the Tomcat fans: :joystick::joystick:

I'm hard at work on the profile, and I hope to have a releasable update next week. However, programming both the Pilot and RIO seats in the same profile has proven to be a bigger challenge than even the C-101 (which uses different mappings for the same front and back seat functions). This is because the HOTAS and MFD buttons map to fundamentally different functions, and some things (like Jester) require modifications to existing global routines. The Tomcat profile will need a closed beta test to make sure there are no showstopper bugs that break other modules, and then I will get a WIP framework out so you guys can enjoy the Tomcat now with features and smoothing to follow later.

The HOTAS functionality for the Pilot is very similar to the default, though I have moved wing sweep to the China Hat (fwd/aft for moving the wings, S3+fwd/aft for Auto/Bomb modes respectively). Here's how the MFD functionality is grouped for the pilot:

• LMFD: ACM Panel top row, Autopilot/SAS bottom row. Left/right TBD.
  • RMFD: Display mode left column, Steer Command bottom row, rocker switches toggle HUD/VDI/HSD modes.

The RIO routine is a bit more fleshed out (as befits my real-world NFO background :D ). Here are the MFD mappings:

• LMFD: CAP console (left/right buttons and bottom row for modes). Top row has weapons employment, TCS/LANTIRN, and TACAN Command buttons.
  • RMFD: DDD and TID. Top row is DDD Range, columns are radar modes, and bottom row are the TID buttons for screen display. The rocker switches cycle the TID modes, range, and waypoints, and the top row of rockers (including the LSYM) operate the Lobe, Aspect, and Vc switches on the DDD.

Another feature I'm proud of is the LANTIRN mapping at the RIO station. The Warthog stick defaults to the HCU, but if you switch the laser to arm (APU on the Warthog Throttle) it remaps the stick to the LANTIRN functionality. APU off remaps the stick to the HCU again. This feature can be optionally disabled if you already have a secondary stick you use for LANTIRN.

My desire is to get this profile out ASAP with no showstopper bugs, then continue to refine the profile (adding features and fixing less-critical bugs). My real life means I'm not in a position to make promises, but I've been waiting for a good Tomcat sim for over 25 years (since Fleet Defender came out) and I have every intention of making a product I want to use, then sharing it with all of you.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just bought the F14 as my first proper DCS module after the original Black Shark. Found your work and really, really looking forward to this. Many thanks indeed.

Here's a question: rather than restarting the profile, do you have satisfactory results by selecting a different module (e.g. F/A-18 ), starting that profile, then reselecting the Ka-50? If this works, this is a much more convenient workaround than restarting the profile, and it also helps to narrow down the source of the bug. If it doesn't work, at least it helps to narrow down the source of the bug.

Selecting/activating another profile and then back to the Ka-50 profile worked! I'll make this my habit for now, and hopefully this info helps you sort it out down the road.