Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

► Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

You’ve seen our initial concepts earlier this year, you’ve see our working-prototypes at MAKS 2017 - but today we are incredibly excited to officially announce the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle!

Based on the feedback from the community, testers and professionals, we’ve made many changes since our initial concepts. This feedback is a true testament of the endless, exciting things that are possible with the help of you, the community!

MT-50_Throttle_01.png

The VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle is a fully featured, dual-engine throttle unit based on the generation 4 and 4++ modern fighter jets. Designed to complete the VPCockpit MongoosT-50 control set, it can also be used as a stand alone USB device.

MT-50_Throttle_02.png

As with the VPC MongoosT-50 Base, the mechanics are constructed from high precision aircraft-grade duralumin which include fully adjustable idle and afterburner detents.

The full feature set includes a huge number of controls surfaces and configuration possibilities that will surely satisfy even the most avid of virtual pilots!

VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Base

• 9 x Buttons
  • 7 x Toggle Switches
  • 2 x Axis Dials
  • 3 x Encoders + Push
  • 2 x Throttle Axis
  • 1 x Auxiliary Axis

VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Handles

• 4 x Buttons
  • 2 x 2-way Switches
  • 1 x 4-way + Push Hat or 1 x Analogue Mini-stick
  • 1 x 4-way Hat
  • 1 x Wheel Axis

With our VPC Configurator software, the 8 x buttons on the base can be assigned up to 40 bindings through the use of shift-states.

MT-50_Throttle_03.png

The VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle will be available for 239.95 EUR. All existing owners of the VPC Mongoost-50 Grip up until the release of the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle will receive a special 15% discount code to help them complete their VPCockpit setup! VPC Founder’s Club members will also receive their 5% discount.

Stay tuned for further information including availability and shipping dates!

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

Looking very nice, love the 8 buttons with possible shift states along with the rotaries as well!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Looks pretty good. The auxiliary axis will be pretty handy for the Harrier.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Looks great guys, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Interesting. Many cool features, though it lacks a latching airbrake switch that is common on many aircraft.

Also a question, how the afterburner detent is going to be implemented, as a push-through (like Saitek) or lift-over (TMHW)? is it possible to remove detent like in TMHW?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Good point on the airbrake switch, but other than that this looks really awesome!

Also, a few questions:

1. Is there a microswitch behind the switch-guard, i.e. will we be able to bind an action to it?

2. If you say 4-way hat or mini-stick do you mean this can be changed in the configurator software?

3. Follow-Up: does the mini-stick also have a push-action?

4. Just to make sure: am I correct if I assume that the toggles on the base are not 3-pos toggles?

Regards and many happy landings! :pilotfly:

Any chance for any future "add-on" options for finger lifts to push past the gate into afterburner?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Any chance for any future "add-on" options for finger lifts to push past the gate into afterburner?

Ahh, finger lifts for the afterburner range would be awesome...

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Any idea how this throttle compares weight wise to the Warthog throttle?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Looking very nice, love the 8 buttons with possible shift states along with the rotaries as well!

Rotaries are a BIG plus! Very good to have them.

ooooo, that is looking nice! :D

Looks pretty good. The auxiliary axis will be pretty handy for the Harrier.

Looks great guys, well done!

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Interesting. Many cool features, though it lacks a latching airbrake switch that is common on many aircraft.

Also a question, how the afterburner detent is going to be implemented, as a push-through (like Saitek) or lift-over (TMHW)? is it possible to remove detent like in TMHW?

It's a push-through detent that can be removed if you like.

Good point on the airbrake switch, but other than that this looks really awesome!

Also, a few questions:

1. Is there a microswitch behind the switch-guard, i.e. will we be able to bind an action to it?

2. If you say 4-way hat or mini-stick do you mean this can be changed in the configurator software?

3. Follow-Up: does the mini-stick also have a push-action?

4. Just to make sure: am I correct if I assume that the toggles on the base are not 3-pos toggles?

1. The cover itself isn't bindable - but this could be added!

2. Physically different versions. By trying to combine the two into one, you end up with one of them being sub-par for it's intended purpose.

3. Yes!

4. 3 of them (above the 2 x axis dials) are 3-pos (momentary - return to center).

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Roughly the same!

Sounds good!

Don B

Some questions:

1. What's the mounting hole pattern like? Is it the same as the TM Warthog?

2. Do the axis dials have a center detent?

3. How many steps do the rotary encoders have?

4. You mentioned that the 3 switches above the axis dials are 3-way momentary switches, is it an (ON)-OFF-(ON) switch that behaves as 2 separate buttons?

5. Are the four other toggle switches 2-way switches? If so, are they latching or momentary, and do they behave as OFF-ON switches (only one button) or ON-ON switches (2 buttons)?

6. Are there any renders of the throttle with the mini-stick?

7. Does the wheel axis have a center detent?

8. Do the throttle levers have an idle detent?

9. You mentioned that there is a push-through afterburner detent that can be removed if desired. What is the process to remove the detent? Does it require disassembly of the throttle? Can it be done with the throttle mounted to a base?

10. Does the auxiliary axis have any detents?

11. For the red fire shroud button, is the shroud made out of plastic or metal?

12. For the push buttons on the joystick and the base, are they tactile buttons (very little travel, distinct click action), or are they dome membrane buttons (has some travel, but no distinct click)?

13. What kind of sensors do all the axes use? For example, are the throttle levers using hall sensors? Do the axis dials use potentiometers?

Edited by Ranma13

Some questions:

1. What's the mounting hole pattern like? Is it the same as the TM Warthog?

Yes, same dimensions/mounting pattern.

2. Do the axis dials have a center detent?

Yes

3. How many steps do the rotary encoders have?

Do you mean how many "clicks" before it does a full rotation? 20-22

4. You mentioned that the 3 switches above the axis dials are 3-way momentary switches, is it an (ON)-OFF-(ON) switch that behaves as 2 separate buttons?

Yes

5. Are the four other toggle switches 2-way switches? If so, are they latching or momentary, and do they behave as OFF-ON switches (only one button) or ON-ON switches (2 buttons)?

They are 2-way latching toggles, but their button behavior can be controlled within the VPC Configuator software.

6. Are there any renders of the throttle with the mini-stick?

Soon!

7. Does the wheel axis have a center detent?

Yes

8. Do the throttle levers have an idle detent?

Yes

9. You mentioned that there is a push-through afterburner detent that can be removed if desired. What is the process to remove the detent? Does it require disassembly of the throttle? Can it be done with the throttle mounted to a base?

Bottom plate of the throttle must be removed.

10. Does the auxiliary axis have any detents?

No

11. For the red fire shroud button, is the shroud made out of plastic or metal?

Plastic

12. For the push buttons on the joystick and the base, are they tactile buttons (very little travel, distinct click action), or are they dome membrane buttons (has some travel, but no distinct click)?

Tactile buttons

13. What kind of sensors do all the axes use? For example, are the throttle levers using hall sensors? Do the axis dials use potentiometers?

Throttle and Aux levers are contactless, dials and wheel are high quality pots.

Phew! Great questions! :thumbsup:

Keep 'em coming guys :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. The cover itself isn't bindable - but this could be added!

This is important, although a "real" switch cover may don't command nothing, in game this avoid press a extra key/button in planes that require lift the cover to toggle the switch under, e.g. Mig-21 drag chute.

Is similar to the button that VKB incorporates in MCG foldable trigger when moving this trigger for safety position (up), will fill the need of some planes, e.g. Ka-50, Mig-15, Bf 109... "locking or unlocking" their guns.

BTW - Nice throttle, congratulations for the announcement. :thumbup:

When will it be available via Amazon UK?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hi Cyph3r,

Wonder if you can help with a couple more questions please?

I have just received the T-50 flight base and grip - they are great - really pleased with both.

With regard to the throttle can you provide pictures of the mechanics of how the levers operate at all? Wondering if they are as engineered as the flight base is.

I purchased the base flightstick from the Virpil site prior to the Amazon shop being available. Will i have to order the throttle from the same site in order to qualify for the % discount or can that be done through the Amazon site?

Also will there be a cover for the throttle similar to the flight stick cover?

Thanks - and keep up the great work!

Si