Fixed net and piper problem or not problem?

blokovchan

If I flip all weapons related switches on right side of cockpit up(Missile Controller Power RV25, Pylon 1-2 Power On RV27, Gun sight Power On RV33 and missile heater), before takeoff - as is written in guide, and equip 2xR3R missile and on pylon 1 and 2 four R60 missiles, there is no piper and fixed net - I try to turn them on, after takeoff.

If I turn switches in right side of cockpit up after take off, then piper and fixed net is working properly...

But, if I have no weapons on pylons, I can turn switches in right side of cockpit up before takeoff and piper and fixed net is working ok..

I hope you understand problem. Have any of you experienced anything similar?

DCS version: 2.5.0 stable

Did you check and adjust brightness of the reticle ?

Could you post your log please ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Yes, I checked brigthtness of piper. Update about error:

If I turn on all weapons related switches on right side of canopy before takeoff, piper an fixed net doesn't light up.

If I turn on those switches after takeoff, piper and net light up.

If I turn on pylons power switches and sight switch and other right side switches are turned on after takeoff, piper and net light up.

It seems reasonable to me, because sensitive electronics, can be damaged during rough ride on takeoff, but it is illogical that piper is working if sight switch is turned on before takeoff...

Logs I'll post tomorrow, because today, at the evening probably I won't be at home..

Hello,

I have exact steps how to repeat error. Personnaly I don't mind for this, because it is logical that, if you mess with the sensitive electronics on the ground, you break something... :D

And there other more ''urgent'' problems and bugs, which should be fixed...

But, piper and net is missing also, after I exit mission and load same mission once again and if same piece of code which is responsible for this glitch, could be responsible for some other problems, then this is worth attention...

Bellow are steps, how to repeat ''problem'' and log file..

1. Follow check list from guide and turn on switches for weapon management.

2. Before takeoff turn on piper and fixed net, of course, piper and net won't be shown..

3. I you try to turn on piper and net after takeoff, they won't be shown.

4. If you exit the mission and load same mission again, piper and net won't be shown even if you follow correct procedure.

5. You have to exit and run again whole DCS...

no-piper-and-net.txt

Weird, pipper and net do show up for me before takeoff. Always.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is it not something to do with switching on the electronics before you've switched on the AC power switch? I know the radar breaks if you switch it on before the AC switch.

No, I follow Chucks checklist...

If I'll have time this evening I'll post a video...

No, I follow Chucks checklist...

If I'll have time this evening I'll post a video...

That would help a lot to determine what is going wrong here :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had only once an issue where the net and pipper disappeared during the flight. Worked from cold start till about 5-10mins flying the mission than it suddenly disappeared all together and i was not able to bring it back. But it only happened once for me and i was not able to reproduce it.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick