Yet another (virtual) ICP panel for F-16

Here is my take on the Viper ICP (for MATRIC controller) , I hope that this is just a start and in the future I will add more instrument panels, maybe even plug DCS BIOS to raise the fidelity up a notch. But even as it is it's better then keyboard shortcuts or taking hands off HOTAS to grab a mouse in combat.

ss1.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

Nice - that would be cool if I wasn't in VR! ;)

You could probably slide the dobber over left a little and add the DRIFT C/O - WARN RESET switch also. Just lately found I have been using that a fair bit so had to add the mapping to my virtual ICP panel.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice - that would be cool if I wasn't in VR! ;)

You could probably slide the dobber over left a little and add the DRIFT C/O - WARN RESET switch also. Just lately found I have been using that a fair bit so had to add the mapping to my virtual ICP panel.

It is not VR, it is on smartphone, but yes, nothing can really simulate the tactile feel of the physical buttons and switches.

As for layout, you can add anything, max supported button grid is 12 x 12 although that would only make sense on a 10' tablet.

ss1.png

I usually make "my own" panels which make more sense in DCS context rather then replicate the look of the real thing. For example,

I fly with completely made up controls for Ka-50, this is the weapons panel:

ss2.png

Works for me since I do not have physical interface (HOTAS, cockpit) even remotely similar to real aircraft and I hate using the mouse in combat trying to flip a switch somewhere. So although it does not look like the real thing I find it much more enjoyable then using the mouse or trying to play all those three key keyboard combos like chords on the piano :)

Edited by AnarchyZG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

• 2 weeks later...