Default Huey never armed - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
Musicman2018

Default Default Huey never armed

My default Huey is never armed at startup whether it be in a campaign or any mission paid or otherwise. The only way to arm it is to go to ground crew and rearm before I start the Huey up each and every time. In addition when I rearm there isn't a choice for guns only, only a choice for guns and rockets which I'm sure will impact on weight. The other thing is if the Huey is showing armed at default nothing will fire even though I arm it in the correct manner. It will only fire guns and/or rockets after I have rearmed.
Is this all normal or is there a bug in my Huey and should I reinstall it.
Musicman2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
BaD CrC

You should learn the Mission Editor and create your own mission with the loadouts you want to get at startup. For your second problem, well I don't know. I haven't seen it myself.

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #3
Musicman2018

I don't have a problem with mission editor or creating missions.
I have just flown mission 5-1 of the Worlds Apart Campain 2025 and sure enough not able to fire any guns or rockets. I exited and started the mission again but this time I went into the mission planner before flying and looked at armament. Chose the default and continued on to start the mission. This time I had guns and rockets which I armed etc and they worked. Any ideas anyone.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #4
petsild

Check the activation of the weapons, according to Chuck's Guides: https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-uh-1h-huey/
Old 09-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #5
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

In-game, you can decide which stores to carry per-pylon (and per crew position as well in the Huey) by right clicking on the blue window below the pylon number after requesting rearm/refuel from the ground crew.

In the Mission Editor, you can define custom loadouts which will be available to select from the drop down menu for any similarly tasked helo. Select a Huey, select the loadout tab, and click the "NEW" button at the bottom of the screen to create and name a new loadout.

With respect to operation in-game, you most likely have an incorrect weapon type selected on the selector panel or the master arm in SAFE.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
Musicman2018

I have solved the problem by going into the Mission Planner and selecting the load out before I start up. Then arming guns or rockets.