317 members have voted

1. 1. SHIPS

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although I voted yes, I wonder if it's within the realm of possibility that the LHA gets swapped for a wasp LHD? That would be something I'd really like to see and buy.

Agreed. For the time frame of the AV-8B NA and the B+, the Wasps make the most sense.

Voted yes but it really depends. It would have to be relatively cheap (under $10) and needs to have a free version for MP use. This is an area where great care would need to be taken in the concept phase.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Off course i buy. The f-18 by end of the year. If the plans to make it great with animations and a big plus will be crew on the deck!:D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I voted yes and I add to the notation that WASP class with harrier and rotary functionality would be more beneficial to the overall style that itwould bring.. add in LAH and youve got a great little group going

Also there is functionality in the base VIA Combined arms to be able to tack on controller functionality of your group alread if jtac etc.

It would be abig yes from me and same once i got a carrier and an LHD id be less inclined to be on dryu land except for exercises in nevada...

I hope you bring it.

Stop wasting time putting poles up, take my money and build it already! ;)

Yes, but give me a floating airfield with multiple parking spots, spawn points, configurable stores, munitions and most importantly, crew. Got to have animated deck crew, even if they're only crowded around static planes loading stores, etc. oh crap, now i've dribbled on my keyboard again.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I voted Yes , but i still don`t see how it can be done regarding non-paying users

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I assume here the LHA offer would resemble the Kuznetsov offer. Bohemia Interactive already did "that thing" in ArmA2: displaying a module with blurry/crappy textures until you buy it. I think that's an insult to the players, who often pay a large amount of money to get a high-end GFX computer.

Therefore I voted No,because I don't want players to see any difference on screen, depending on what modules they bought.

I also voted No because LHA would mostly be a landing point, and it would be bad that some players can't operate from any landing point available in a mission, just because they don't want to buy a ship (as I don't).

I would only be interested in an LHA module if it was given with a paying aircraft module.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I would expect a full ship module to be crewable with at least the primary positions such as Captain/bridge, Air Boss/Prifly, Weaps/CIC, Cheng/Engineering and ACHO/flight deck control. In this case, if it is a Tarawa or Essex class, an amphibious capability that uses landing craft and LCAC's to move vehicles, troops and supplies ashore would be a must... of course you could just do an Iwo Jima class and only have to worry about the air components.

This. Would want to have RADAR systems etc to make for a co-ordinated mission experience.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Yes yes and yes. :) but as others have said if the price is right

Although considering we have the F14, F18 and AV8b coming (all naval planes) i hope they come as package deals with the seat planes...that would be cool

But how would it work for the members who dont buy them.. would they be able to see, bomb or land on them ?

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

In fact, you (RAZBAM) could capitalize on such ships :

While developping the ship, think to other aircrafts or helicopters you could develop to "match" with this ship as you already do with you poll for Big Helicopters.

You can spend time (of course some money ^^) to create the ship that will match further numerous flying vehicules. So your investment, not paid by the player (and getting rid of paying/non paying players), will be a huge argument if the ship is provided with one of your modules

=> a constant developping ship with a lot of aircraft that will perfectly operate from it in the future !

"Clear to startup ... Contact ..."

Geoffrey Wellum - First Light

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would like to know your input on this issue

Will you buy a DLC LHA?

Hi Prowler,

I think any new ships with high detail is a plus. Software programming is time consuming so speaking for myself I am happy to pay for new ships etc, if they are of the detail that was recently shown by ED and with what Leatherneck are planning.

A Hermes class carrier with Sea King and Harrier :)

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

From my perspective this makes more than sense. Since the harrier and maybe even a rescue helicopter are planned this would be a good addition to dcs. Even with the upcoming seamodule it will give more nice options for building missions.

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An AI/CA-controlled LHA would be great, but what I really want is a full-fidelity DDG :joystick:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Also submarines would be cool together on a map with underwater environment . A serious thread for any Carrier or battle group. This way potential ASW platforms can be developed , SH-2 , SH-3 , SH-70 ....... S3 , P3 .

Also submarines would be cool together on a map with underwater environment . A serious thread for any Carrier or battle group. This way potential ASW platforms can be developed , SH-2 , SH-3 , SH-70 ....... S3 , P3 .

Guys... I could imagine that in few posts we'll see a request for DCS Silent Hunter DLC :)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

The difference being that the Kuznetzov is already in the game and a LHD/LHA isn't. So if they are going to have one for sale its either the case of a lower detailed model being added to the game by default or it exists as a pure DLC object. The former is much more acceptable than the latter.

It can be fully detailed, but just not be controllable by the player. Think of Combined Arms. Everyone has all of the vehicles regardless if they own the module or not. The tanks and SAMs are fully functional and controlled by the games AI. The difference is people with Combined Arms can make waypoints in game, change formation/speed, and even take direct control of the vehicles.

In the case of a carrier, people who don't own the module need to be able to place it in a mission, land on it, visually see it, and spawn/take off on it. The AI needs to be able to control it and it needs to have all functions present in the mission editor. Again, the difference is those who own the module can control it in game and man the various stations of the ship.

If it operates as described, I would support such a module but don't have interest in buying it personally. I would rather see another more modern fighter, even if it meant a Mirage 2000-5F.