Which airfields have TACAN?

mosqui

There are some, at military airbases, like at Al Dhafra, Havadarya, Khasab, Shiraz and Tundb Kochak. There are also many VORs.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

There are some, at military airbases, like at Al Dhafra, Havadarya, Khasab, Shiraz and Tundb Kochak. There are also many VORs.

Excuse me Rudel

The A 10 C can fly by Vors ?.I Think that A 10 C have not Any radio to do it, because adf from UHF radio do not work .

For before reason i fly IFR only with Tacan.

Can you help me to clayrificate this question?

Thanks

The A-10C is a warplane and so it is designed to be able to navigate without using ground stations, it has an inertial position system plus a gps aided one, so it isnt really a plane to learn VOR navigation.

On the upcoming sale, may I suggest a purchase of the C101, which being a trainer aircraft do have a VOR receiver (on its EB version) ?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The A-10C is a warplane and so it is designed to be able to navigate without using ground stations, it has an inertial position system plus a gps aided one, so it isnt really a plane to learn VOR navigation.

On the upcoming sale, may I suggest a purchase of the C101, which being a trainer aircraft do have a VOR receiver (on its EB version) ?

Rudel good afternoon

I know about A 10 C capacities to fly with the EGI systems (blended INS plus GPS ) But i want fly this plane without it in case that system no works because it is out of order.In this case i only can use the ADF vía radio UHF.

Any way Thanks for your advices.Bye

If you want TACAN at an airfield, there is a workaround.

EDIT 2023>
Within the vehicles section, go into fortifications and find the mobile TACAN beacon.  Can be placed anywhere on a map.  If you’re going to consistently add a bunch, create a new template and then load into the other missions on that map

Edited by Mr_sukebe
  • Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Is there not a vor to tacan conversion chart somewhere? Will it work in DCS?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

Look outside and navigate with your eyes. A-10 pilots routinely carry VFR charts. In the A-10, “IFR” stands for “I Follow Roads”

good morning

That is a homemade solution to navigate by day and with good visibility, but what you do to fly at night or with poor visibility without any help to navigation. You will surely kiss the earth in a resounding way.

Finally, ADF works or does not work on the VHF-AM radio or on the UHF radio on the A 10 C?

Could someone clarify it to me.

Thank you.

The A-10C is technically not an All Weather aircraft. This is why Republic built (on spec) a Night/Adverse Weather demonstrator that was a two-seater.

Flying at night (at least in the real world, where you can actually see lights well off in the distance) is not really a limitation. For example, in real life, you can see the glow of the Las Vegas strip from a hundred miles away and you’d be able to navigate by eye all the way from Tonopah. Unfortunately, DCS hasn’t given us this ability (yet)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

The A-10C is technically not an All Weather aircraft. This is why Republic built (on spec) a Night/Adverse Weather demonstrator that was a two-seater.

Flying at night (at least in the real world, where you can actually see lights well off in the distance) is not really a limitation. For example, in real life, you can see the glow of the Las Vegas strip from a hundred miles away and you’d be able to navigate by eye all the way from Tonopah. Unfortunately, DCS hasn’t given us this ability (yet)

Good morning and Thanks for your aswer.But that happen about adf navigation vía UHF radio ? Is it working or no in A 10 C ?

If I want fly at IFR with poor visibility and no Tacan in the area.what can i do ?.

Bye

A-10c manual states that adf function in a-10c radios Is "not functional". Id does not say "not simulated", but "not functional" or "does not have this capability", so I presume adf does not work in a-10c even in real Life. Surely It does not work in dcs.

thanks

• 5 months later...

If you want functional 99X and 78X

"Al Minhad AB" and "Bandar Abbas Intl"

please remove these two conflicting stations from the "beacons.lua" of the Persian map:

"AbuNakhlahAirport" in Quatar

JaskAirport in the east side of the map

{
	display_name = _('AbuNakhlahAirport');
	beaconId = 'world_3';
	type = BEACON_TYPE_VORTAC;
	callsign = 'ALD';
	frequency = 115200000.000000;
	channel = 99;
	position = { -107649.992674, 33.324801, -496987.279491 };
	direction = 0.000000;
	positionGeo = { latitude = 25.092856, longitude = 51.325908 };
	sceneObjects = {'t:405962752'};
};

{
	display_name = _('JaskAirport');
	beaconId = 'world_25';
	type = BEACON_TYPE_VORTAC;
	callsign = 'JSK';
	frequency = 116300000.000000;
	channel = 78;
	position = { -58130.310602, 6.341095, 154454.828677 };
	direction = 58.569019;
	positionGeo = { latitude = 25.646795, longitude = 57.784032 };
	sceneObjects = {'t:429621405'};
};

In mission remove is unsuccessful: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4074007&postcount=8 (DCS: Persian Gulf » Bugs and Problems » [ALREADY REPORTED]TACAN issues)

Beacons.lua

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD