X-56 Mode Switch problem solved

Pitufo

Hi all, I'm pretty much brand new to this and I recently got an X-56 stick. I also have black shark, the gazelle and now the mirage. None of which I know how to fly very well at all yet. Anyways I was going freaking crazy trying to figure out if I could use the mode switch without using the logitech software. Turns out I can. I didn't find it posted anywhere so here it is:

In the DCS keybinds menu, to set the mode switch up you have to set the 2 bottom positions as Modifiers, NOT Switches. So, button 35 and button 36. And leave the top position un-mapped. This allows effective modes to be used without the use of the logitech software. You can even add other modifiers on top of those modes.

I'm not sure what to use them for yet, so far I'm using the modes for lighting switches and pilot seat adjustment and stuff like that. Hope this helps I couldn't find it posted anywhere.

I'm sure Saitek guys will find this helpful .

Welcome to the forums !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 2 months later...

A great tip! Thanks so much. It works great.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

That's good news! Was wondering about the throttle mini stick, I want to use it, but there doesn't seem to be a way I know of. It doesn't respond in the controls menu. The joystick mini stick works fine for radar, I use it in the F-16. I doesn't work for the T-pod though. I'd like to use the throttle mini stick for the T-pod.