Russian Air Force Photos and Video (NO DISCUSSION)

Flаnker

Where is the designator pod?? or is just a payload test?

IRST can designate ground targets, but on this frame IRST disappeared some time ago. Either way, i don't think there are dropping anything in Zhuk area, such trails happen at where they usually are based at, Akhtubinsk.

Hmm, does the right wing look just a little more twisted or is it optical illusion? It realy seems a little bit more bend even concidered further distance and being a non horizontal picture.

:noexpression:

IRST can designate ground

I have doubts about that. The IRST should have a limitated angle down. Although I don't see designator in the Su-34, so what kind of TV designator use the last generation multirol. The last version of the Mig-35 carry a great designator under airframe, but I still dont find the Su-34/35 designator in their pics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have doubts about that. The IRST should have a limitated angle down. Although I don't see designator in the Su-34, so what kind of TV designator use the last generation multirol. The last version of the Mig-35 carry a great designator under airframe, but I still dont find the Su-34/35 designator in their pics.

OLS-35 can detect, highlight and track ground targets, as can detect incoming highlight goals for Applying of the bombs with laser homing. there is also a container for the MiG-35 and OLS-K for the Su-35 is a pod. UOMZ makes container for PAK-FA

OLS-35 Link to manufacturer

http://www.npk-spp.ru/deyatelnost/avionika/166-ols-35.html

• поиск, обнаружение, захват и автосопровождение, определение угловых координат и дальности до воздушных, наземных и надводных целей (ВЦ, НЦ и НВЦ) в среднем ИК (3 … 5 мкм) и видимом диапазонах длин волн;

translation

• search, detection, capture and tracking, determination of angular coordinates and distance to the air, ground and sea targets (LC, SC, and NEC) in the mid-IR (3 ... 5 mm) and visible wavelengths;

• обнаружение, захват, сопровождение и определение углового положения пятна внешнего лазерного подсветчика;

• лазерный подсвет НЦ, НВЦ.

translation

detection, capture, maintenance, and the angular position of the laser spot outside highlighter;

• Laser illumination NC, NEC.

clarification

ВЦ-air target

НЦ - Ground target

НВЦ - sea targets

SU-35

5d1l5g.jpg

(УОМЗ)101 КС-Н ( Н - наземная)- подвесной прицельный контейнер

(UOMZ) 101 KC-H (H - terrestrial) - suspended container sighting

t50%20(121).JPG

Edited by AlexHunter
  • Like 1

Открылась бездна звезд полна;

Звездам числа нет, бездне дна. (М. В. Ломоносов)

Just to add a few things; Su-34 does have designator. In fact it is inbuilt.

KS-N is not meant for Su-35S and MiG-35, it is meant for PAK-FA. Although it is possible in future Su-35S will be able to carry it. Reason why Su-35S for example also needs special pod is because it is question of range. Specialized pod for a ground attack task will of course offer better range and possibly better quality than what IRST can offer. Either way it is smart to not be "reliable" only on a specialized designator pod, but have IRST designate as well.