Harrier current state

trindade

Razbam continually upgrades the module now. Some systems are still WIP. I am really enjoying VTOL with this module. Ground missions especially SEAD are a blast thanks to the Sidewinder ARM. Recently E variant of Maverick has been added. I tried firing but couldnt hit the spot probably because I was using TGP instead of DMT (Drainage Mean Time). All kicks aside, it is every flight a challenge because you dont know the hover stop position, but with practice you can become better. Best challenge I can recommend is to fly VTOL from F3 view like a R/C plane.

Chaff and flares work too. Dont know about jammer though, even if it is stuck to my 4/A-4/B station. GBUs miss if your TGP is tracking behind target. TGP is a blast to use.

At night, best sensor I use is FLIR and it really shines on the HUD.

Bottom line, Get it!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I pre-purchased the Harrier and would say that this airframe is a very capable addition to your inventory, even in its current early access state, we have all of the weapons that you could use in most situations, SideArms for SAMS, Mavs for Ground attacks along with bombs and rockets.

I would defo recommend the Harrier as a MUST purchase

Really enjoying this module

Thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

The question is, are they really still working on it? From the changelog thread, been 6 patches we didn'T get much form the Harrier, besides 2 times not working KC-135BDA updates. Haven'T seen pretty much really updates since a while, i presume their F-15 and all new projects gets them more busy than completing a module far from being completed, after all, they got the money from us already. Maybe one day the Harrier will get the INS working and able to add waypoints on the UFC...wait, Hornet has it already. ;) As much as i loved the Harrier, it went in the shadow of the Hornet, not only because it'S my favorite aircraft ever, but because, lots of major system are implemented. If you wanna have fun flying around with a difference system and learn VTOL, this is a fun one. Before may 30 i would had said, grab it, it's my favorite module, it was.

The Harrier needs some work, but it's definitely usable, especially if you get the Vulcan Forge campaign to use it in.

In my opinion, the current issues that have the greatest impact are the troubles your wingman will have with taking off (he will want to do a vertical take off, but may not be able to if he's heavy with ordnance and fuel) but you can compensate for that by building a longer first leg into your flight plan if you're flying from the beach. The "wheels up" call is gonna be late.

The other big issue is that you can't fill external tanks by aerial refuelling. Again, that's something you can work around in the ME if you're creating your own missions.

Flying the Harrier is pretty cool and there's a lot to it, and that alone is worth the price, if you ask me.

Go for it.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

I think the Harrier is great fun to fly. Definitely worth the buy.

The big issue for me is the TDC axis is still screwy especially with the DMT. Seems odd that it's not working since almost every aircraft in DCS has a slew-able TDC and they work fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I'm a new Harrier customer and it certainly seems a very impressive module. Haven't flown it yet to express opinion but I get a bit worried from various users 'complaining' for a lack of attention and completion time-frame. I think it would be nice if the developer could chime-in here and give a relieving comment about their commitment to deliver a full study level aircraft. I think it will do only good to hear how high in RAZBAM priorities is currently the harrier.

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

The question is, are they really still working on it? From the changelog thread, been 6 patches we didn'T get much form the Harrier, besides 2 times not working KC-135BDA updates. Haven'T seen pretty much really updates since a while, i presume their F-15 and all new projects gets them more busy than completing a module far from being completed, after all, they got the money from us already. Maybe one day the Harrier will get the INS working and able to add waypoints on the UFC...wait, Hornet has it already. ;) As much as i loved the Harrier, it went in the shadow of the Hornet, not only because it'S my favorite aircraft ever, but because, lots of major system are implemented. If you wanna have fun flying around with a difference system and learn VTOL, this is a fun one. Before may 30 i would had said, grab it, it's my favorite module, it was.

What's wrong with you ?

DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL Released!

We are delighted to announce that DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL by RAZBAM was released into Early Access on 29 November. This is the second offering from RAZBAM for DCS World after their critically acclaimed DCS: M-2000C. The AV-8B continues their dedication to detailed craftsmanship with this iconic aircraft.

That's November 2017. We are 7 months later

Updates every months, sometimes more than one per month, and you're questioning wether they are working on it ?

Update/Release November 29, 2017

Update December 8, 2017

Update February 14, 2018

Update March 14, 2018

Update March 21, 2018

Update April 25, 2018

Update May 11, 2018

Update May 23, 2018

Update June 1, 2018

Update June 6, 2018

Update June 13, 2018

Ready for Next Update:

Last edited by CptSmiley; 06-20-2018 at 07:12 PM.

• UFC Waypoint edit and data entry logic
  • MPCD Compass radio logic
  • Updated LHA Tarawa model
  • Corrected braking force that was causing movement during 60% RPM engine check
  • Add keybindings for anti-ski and electrical from community (Peagle)
  • Added further keybindings and switch abstractions from community (LeCurvier and Nero.ger)
  • Removed duplicate and unused Engine Start and Engine Stop keybind, to initiate auto-start or auto-stop sequence use the commands in the "Cheat" section (default Win+Home and Win+End)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204693

Just bought it :thumbup:

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

This thread convinced me to get it, (in the sale).

First impressions, in a few minutes of a free flight, is of the stunning quality of the cockpit and airframe.

Pity it's not RAF. Maybe a version will be produced?

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Pity it's not RAF. Maybe a version will be produced?

There are some RAF skins available in the user files area.

Would be great to have a real RAF variant, but until such a thing exists all I do is drink more tea (or Pimms, depending on the weather) and say "tally ho" a lot. Works for me.

:pilotfly:

Would be great to have a real RAF variant, but until such a thing exists all I do is drink more tea (or Pimms, depending on the weather) and say "tally ho" a lot. Works for me.

Well with any luck with the South Atlantic map being on the way, we may get both variants of the M2000 at the time and a sea harrier. On their FB page they did tease a photo of a harrier on a carrier with an Austin Allegro in the foreground super imposed. A vague hint to a SHAR, or that HMS Victorious will be in the asset pack?

To the OP, I bought harrier a couple weeks ago, it has been an immensely enjoyable thing to fly! The core systems and functions are there. VTOL, STOL, drop guided and unguided bombs in both CCIP and CCRP, the anti radar missles and a capable AA mode. Mavericks also function. And it's great to fly herself, dodging through the valleys on Caucasus pretending it's the Mach loop haha.

One of the best modules and one of the most capable strikers (IMO UFC Waypoint edit and data entry logic is the only missing capability). The first is SU-25T due to speed and variety of carrying weapons. Harrier is the fastest of all and the most advanced striker (Mavericks and LGBs). When F-18 will start to carry TPOD, MAVs and LGBs it will be the ULTIMATE one. The ULTIMATE striker would be the F-18 carrying the A-10C Weapon System and HOTAS logic.

Edited by Panthir

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

The Harrier also holds time-to-climb records that outdo everything else in the DSC fleet upto around 10,000' when the F-15 takes over, I believe.

Edited by ouPhrontis
clarify that 10,000 is only in regards to the F-15 trumping it

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

That's the ticket! There are some great RAF skins in there, but the one that caught my eye was No. 69A, (now at AMARG), which was included in the full version of the video I provided, so that one is going to be my ride.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..