Comprehensive weapon guide containing all weapon systems currently in DCS world?

sc_neo

Hey guys,

i have been searchign a bit but did not find anything yet. Is there a comprehensive weapons guide pdf or something that contains all missiles, bombs etc stats currently usable in DCS world sorted by faction and A/A and A/G?

The encyclopdia does not really sort it well and is not accesseable during a mission.

Each module has its own weapons. You can use a pdf editor a cut and paste the relevant weapons into your own manual.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Jane's ...

Example : SA11

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 8 months later...

(Update: improved file)

I was also looking for a guide. The encyclopedia reads the text from the folders in MissionEditor\data\scripts\Enc in the DCS installation folder. I did a quick hack that parses these files and generates a CSV file, attached here. I have named it .txt bacause .csv attachments are not allowed in this forum. You should be able to import this to your favorite spreadsheet editor (like LibreOffice or Excel).

The file contains all metadata of all weapons, with one column per metadata. The metadata columns are in alphabetical order except the first that is the name of the weapon. I have merged some metadata that have similar but different names. For example, some weapons have "Max range", some "Range" and some "Range max". All are now in a single column named "Range".

The table may contain parsing errors since the format of some weapon files were not consistent with the majority. (For example BetAB-500shp uses Latin1 encoding although the files are specified to use UTF-8 encoding.)

With the table you can sort and filter to get a pretty good overview of what you are looking for.

weapons-20190130.txt

Edited by Ozone42
Updated attachment

• 1 month later...
(Update: improved file)

I did a quick hack that parses these files and generates a CSV file,

Hi Ozone42, I was looking for this info also, thanks a lot for the file!

Can you please share the hack file so we can generate our own .csv files when new weapons are introduced in the future and keep this file up to date??

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Can you please share the hack file so we can generate our own .csv files when new weapons are introduced in the future and keep this file up to date??

Sorry for the very late reply! Here's the hack, which really is just a quick hack: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bjanders/dcs-api/master/tools/weapons

There's no documentation or anything. I haven't tested it since a year ago when I created the CSV.

Edited by Ozone42