Bunyap's DCS World News Updates

Bunyap

Thanks Rudel_chw, but the window of opportunity where the number of interested viewers justifies the time and effort has passed. That opportunity really passes the second a module is released but preview opportunities are out of my control. I will get back to it eventually but only after all the features are complete and I feel like doing it just for fun. :)

Two new videos are up:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hey, during the F-15c red flag series, you sometimes displayed the mission briefings/charts/maps in your pdf reader directly ingame, apparently being able to look around the cockpit with head tracking and manipulating the pdf with your mouse simultaneously. I think thats really useful (more so than the kneeboard) to learn a new module. Having the entire A-10c manual pop up in the cockpit with the press of a button and jumping to whatever section your are working on, i mean. Would you be so kind to let us know how you managed that magical feat?

hrm, i actually thought he could control the aircraft despite superimposing the pdf. I just gave it a try in borderless mode as you suggested. You cannot control the aircraft of course, but track ir still translates head movements. I guess that why i thought Bunyap had a special trick to be in control of both simultaneously. I guess all the hussle with kneeboard builder would not be necessary if it was somehow possible. Anyway, i think this works quite nice. Autopilot is my new best friend i recon.

• 1 month later...

Thanks rjetster, I really appreciate that. :) My only criteria for doing these on a weekly basis is that I have something every couple of weeks, from any source at all, I can consider 'exclusive'. After all, that is how the series started out and is the only reason I would personally watch a series like this. I have done all I am willing to do on that front but have nothing new to share right now. I know lots of folks would be happy if I simply read from the ED newsletter and 3rd party facebook pages but, putting themselves in my position, I think they would see how little enjoyment there is in that. I will have to see how things look next year.

Granted, Wags has always been very helpful but I refuse to keep nagging the same guy over and over for screenshots. That is not how these things work. Either way, thanks for checking up on me. :)

Meanwhile, the Spitfire Investigations continue.

• Like 2

Bunyap and his contributions to DCS is a shining example of this community at its best.

Looking forward to more great content from him in 2017.

I think Wags is trying to fuel the hype train. But yeah what he said about a great contribution to the community. Thanks Bunyap and happy holidays.

yea.. i miss his news reporting... dont care too much about the spit investigations..

I think the most valuable videos were in his test flight series. Understanding how an aircraft work and seeing it in action was very enjoyable. His let's plays were pretty good too. Watching him fly missions was both informative and entertaining. I miss those days... I hope they are not gone for too long :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the most valuable videos were in his test flight series. Understanding how an aircraft work and seeing it in action was very enjoyable. His let's plays were pretty good too. Watching him fly missions was both informative and entertaining. I miss those days... I hope they are not gone for too long :(
I'm sure he's just changing things up. Gets boring doing the same kind of stuff after a while. I'm sure we'll see some the old mission play and test flights with the newer aircraft ... Spitfire, Viggen, etc.

Bunyaps flight videos are soooooo professional and soooo entertaining :)

• Like 1

Quote Vedexent: The technical term for an over ambitious ground attack pilot is "dead".

Quote SiThSpAwN: I figure 1.5 will have to buy some roses and chocolates, take 2.0 to a nice restaurant, and if it opens doors and is a gentleman, 1.5 and 2.0 might just get to merge one day.

• 2 years later...

Perhaps this thread should be unpinned, as Bunyap's YT Channel has been inactive for almost two years :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Perhaps this thread should be unpinned, as Bunyap's YT Channel has been inactive for almost two years :(

Hope springs eternal in the human breast :lookaround:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 1 year later...

Hope your keeping well Bunyap! Your videos helped me go from being overwhelmed by DCS to breaking everything down & understanding it. To this day I still fly missions with you in mind taking moments to pause & assess things. Hope you still have your head in those manuals!

I thought I'd add to this pinned thread a link below to another fine community member Pricklyhedgehog who a lot already might know but who I think does excellent job of weekly updates for anyone wishing to continue with DCS world news along same vein:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Pricklyhedgehog72/featured

Win 10 64, I7 8700K, Nvidia 1080ti, 32mb ram, M.2 PCIe 2tb ssd

• Wags unpinned this topic