Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

Hello every everyone, I am back to DCS after 5 years to fly the Spitfire in Normandy. The spitfire is a fun plane despite some odd performance when panning with a mouse in the cockpit and also the cockpit itself wich i think it could be better.

My main disappointment is the map. After trying to improve graphics quality and start flying, i realized i was not having fun. The map is not graphically immersive and i am feeling sad about it. I will still try some AA settings, time, weather and seasons but i´m not hoping too much. I am not rich and the dollar price is really high in my country. I thought about a refund but never mind.. I rather wait for a map update. So you guys hope it is going to happen any time soon? Appreciate.

i think no update for normandy will come out ever, devs are now concentrated on 2 new WWI maps, + syrian map + afghanistan map + 1 new free map, so I highly doubt we'll see any update.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• ED Team
i think no update for normandy will come out ever, devs are now concentrated on 2 new WWI maps, + syrian map + afghanistan map + 1 new free map, so I highly doubt we'll see any update.

Normandy developer is only currently working on Syria.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

And a bunch of maps and planes for another sim.....

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Normandy developer is only currently working on Syria.

If I may ask, what is the name of this developer?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• 2 months later...
I just bought the normandy map and assets bundle but i have no ideea how to use them. Any tutorials?

First you need to download them via the module manager.

Then you can create your own missions in the editor or fly instant action missions. When the instant action dialog is displayed you can set the map on the right side.

If you have the P-51 or Spitfire you could buy a scripted campaign that uses the Normandy map.

I can recommend the Big Show and the Blue Nosed Bastards.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

any chance of optimizations to this map?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 1 month later...

I am plannig to buy syria map. this will be my first ugramedia map so i need some opinions.

Should i invest on syria map? are their work quality good?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I am plannig to buy syria map. this will be my first ugramedia map so i need some opinions.

Should i invest on syria map? are their work quality good?

If you will read all the comments about Normandy maybe you'll think 2 times before buying something from Ugra...

If you will read all the comments about Normandy maybe you'll think 2 times before buying something from Ugra...

We don't know if Ugra developed the Syria map with 'lessons learned' from Normandy and have vastly improved on what they were able to achieve in terms of optimization for it. Personally, I will get Syria as soon as it's available due to the interesting theater of war, giving them the benefit of doubt that they have improved as map developers compared to what they have achieved with Normandy...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

We don't know if Ugra developed the Syria map with 'lessons learned' from Normandy and have vastly improved on what they were able to achieve in terms of optimization for it. Personally, I will get Syria as soon as it's available due to the interesting theater of war, giving them the benefit of doubt that they have improved as map developers compared to what they have achieved with Normandy...

that's right, but a peek in the forum on their part would be welcome... seems like they don't care

that's right, but a peek in the forum on their part would be welcome... seems like they don't care

Could be all kind of things - maybe they don't feel comfortable posting in ENG as they're Russian developers? Maybe they don't have English-speaking representation (yet)? Maybe they're already active on the Russian side of the DCS forum and we're not aware on this end? :)

But yes, I overall still believe that Ugra 'owes' us at least that Normandy VR improvement that ED is doing for their own in-house developed maps, which would be a huge boost in trusting Ugra down the line for their products. I remain hopeful...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I'm not impressed with UM, atm. As ED's engine evolves, will UM update their maps to enable new features of the engine or will they leave them be? We have only Normandy to judge by now, so...

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Based on their previous work and lack of commitment to making their sole product properly usable (FPS), I wont be purchasing the Syria map.

Agreed. This company has done nothing to make me think that they are capable of making a good product.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Based on their previous work and lack of commitment to making their sole product properly usable (FPS), I wont be purchasing the Syria map.

Agreed. A brief analysis revealed an incredible number of useless objects... wheelbarrows, old Renault vans and dust piles (?!). I can think of better objects to render.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit