Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

I know how they work IRL. I wasn’t commenting on how they work IRL. I’m specifically talking about how they function in-sim, And in sim they are not rate based. Centre axis position is horizon. One end of axis travel is full up, other end is full down. I understand that this isn’t realistic, but this what we have to work with. So a spring loaded to centre rotary doesn’t work well with 80% of the radars in the sim. The only exception to this rule is the F-18 which is a pig to use precisely because we don’t have a spring loaded axis lol.

Ah, OK, understood; my comprehension low light must have been on. Wonder how they will implement the F-16C (noticed you sig) - If I remember it was also a spring "mini-stick" kind of slew device.

Cheers,

Vulture

Delta, can you remind me what email address the order confirmation is sent from? I seem to have lost it.

All emails are sent from damien@deltasimelectronics.com

Let me know if you need me to re-send it :)

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

My Hornet settings for Deltasim's slew mod. Very accurate with Maverick F, a tad slow in radar attack slewing but simply awesome. Give it a shot.

Both axes: Deadzone 80%, X saturation 100%, Y saturation 30%, curve 8%

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Well, I've had mine installed for a while, but I'm finally getting around to trying to calibrate it, and I just can't get it to work correctly in the X axis. After running the calibration tool many times, the range of motion left of center is almost nothing, and the input tends to stick at max deflection when the stick is moved to the right. Has anyone seen something like this?

I'll use this threat to write a review.

1. Putting the sensor in place– EASY 4.5/5. In case you’ve got minimal technical skills, you won’t find any problem with following the VERY clear instructions in disassembling the throttle, pulling the old sensor and installing the new one. It will require the relevant screwdrivers to open the throttle but that’s it.

2. Re-calibration 4.9/5 – Since the installation doc came out, it seems that Thrustmasters updated their drivers. Perhaps It worth to update the install doc. Rather than that – SUPER EASY. Another thing – perhaps it worth to add a small explanation doc regarding the A10_calibration.txt file. People might want to “play” with the parameters by them self… It could be nice if the inside parameter could be explained (although with a bit of common sense and some trial and error – you get a grip of that very fast).

3. T/S with the sensor 5/5 – personally, I’ve had an issue that the sensor was drifting aside when released to the center. I’ve sent questions by mail and got answers almost immediately! The responses were SUPER clear. The support part is always a concern when buying something from a “small” business let alone a single person. I have to say it was absolutely wonderful!

4. How it feels 5/5 – GREAT GREAT GREAT. So much more precise than the original sensor. It so much easier to fine tune the cursor on the FCR,TGP, etc.

Overall 10/5 - It's pretty annoying that you have to pay money for something that should have been good at the first place. BUT, this specific upgrade worth every penny. It’s not a hall sensor so I guess it won’t last as long as the original but it way more useful and appropriate for a 400$ system. I HIGHLY recommend it to all who got the Thrustmaster throttle and upset with their slew sensor. It making the system great again. ;)

Edited by nickos86

Well, I've had mine installed for a while, but I'm finally getting around to trying to calibrate it, and I just can't get it to work correctly in the X axis. After running the calibration tool many times, the range of motion left of center is almost nothing, and the input tends to stick at max deflection when the stick is moved to the right. Has anyone seen something like this?

If you have not already done so then try clearing any existing Windows calibration by going to:

Set up USB game controller >> Throttle HOTAS Warthog >> Settings >> Reset to Default >> Apply >>OK

That is usually the cause of issues like that.

You may need to run the calibration tool again after you have cleared the Windows calibration tool.

If it is still not working then you could also try running the Windows calibration tool - I would usually not recommend it but a few guys have said it worked for them.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

I had it reset before, but I tried it with the Windows calibration, then the TM calibration, and the range of motion at least seems to be corrected, but the input sticks to one side or the other, especially with small movements. Still though, the raw values you can see on this test page are definitely skewed to the right and don't center out properly.

I had it reset before, but I tried it with the Windows calibration, then the TM calibration, and the range of motion at least seems to be corrected, but the input sticks to one side or the other, especially with small movements. Still though, the raw values you can see on this test page are definitely skewed to the right and don't center out properly.

It does sounds like some sort of possible deadzone issue, could you check that values of "Standard_DZ_SX" in the A10_calibration.txt file in the TM calibration tool folder? It should be set to 5, for testing can you try increasing it to 10 or possibly 20 and recalibrating to see if it makes the problem go away?

If you have done a Windows calibration that may need to be cleared again in case it causes any other weirdness.

If you are still having issues please send me a PM or email I'll do my best to help you out.

Got my upgrade kit yesterday and had it installed and working in about 30 minutes. The biggest improvement I noticed right away in an A-10C mission was the ability to lock and fire on multiple targets MUCH quicker than with the standard slew stick. It worked so well, it actually threw my timing off a little bit. I had to remember "OK, now you have to fire the missile" because I haven't quite gotten used to getting locks so quickly. Even with that little bit of delay in my brain, I was able to lock and fire on 4 targets so quickly, that all 4 were destroyed almost simultaneously. That HAD to be pretty demoralizing for the virtual enemy I was attacking.

GREAT PRODUCT! :D :thumbup:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

hi i got the same problem as MagnumHB. (force sensor)

the X axis (left right) are not controllable anymore.

with win calibraton or TH Calibrations tool no changes.

its strange last week it works like a charm

Edited by BlackLibrary

hi i got the same problem as MagnumHB. (force sensor)

the X axis (left right) are not controllable anymore.

with win calibraton or TH Calibrations tool no changes.

its strange last week it works like a charm

Sorry to hear that, I have sent you a PM. We should be able to get it working again for you soon.

I'm having problems with the Y and X axis of the slew in DCS only. I made some test and the slew upgrade works perfectly.

Any suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PHr2XkQbqc

Your problem is the TGP slew implementation in the Harrier, not the slew upgrade. Try it in the A-10C, the Harriers TGP slew has been bugged for ages when using an axis. Adjusting the saturation to limit the speed of he TGP seeker head can help though.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Yes, is not the slew, that is the reason why I tested in different programs and now with your explanation I can rest my mind an find a temporary solution.

Thank you.

Sent from my Tornado IDS while on autopilot using Tapatalk Pro.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Received, installed, works perfectly. What a great improvement!

By the way, in the F18, the maverick cursor moves without problem... push, hold, move axis, drop cross over objective (un-hold), lock.

Someone said that still with this mod was imposible to move axis while holding, but works, at least for me.

Received, installed, works perfectly. What a great improvement!

By the way, in the F18, the maverick cursor moves without problem... push, hold, move axis, drop cross over objective (un-hold), lock.

Someone said that still with this mod was imposible to move axis while holding, but works, at least for me.

I concur, it works nicely with Mav Slewing in the Hornet.

All the best,

Sydy

I totally agree with you

I concur, it works nicely with Mav Slewing in the Hornet.

All the best,

Sydy

It seems that my favorite plane in DCS (AV8B) had been dragging some unfixed bugs and one of this is the TGP slew problem and several others.

The DeltaSim slew upgrade is a must when you have the TMW.

Thank you all for putting some light in this and your support.

Greetings from Argentina.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

So after the long wait i installed mine and am immediately having a problem. Throttle did not show up in game controllers, only joystick, but was functioning correctly in device manager and USB bus in hwinfo. Debug software side, no luck.

Eventually reinstalled the old one, same problem. If I depress the old slew it will be recognized in game controllers, but there is no axis control (the buton depress does not register either). Updated firmware (was already updated), bootloader, checked all connections, reisntalled drivers, etc. Nothing. Cannot get it to work.

Looks like I'm one of the only ones to have a problem and the other guy never fixed his, now posts questions about his virpil. Anyone have a similar problem they resolved?

For what its worth, everything was installed correctly and carefully. Every other button on throttle, including right side, works fine, so if part of the pcb fried its isolated to the slew? anyone successfully fix an issue like this?

Edited by sk000tch

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

So after the long wait i installed mine and am immediately having a problem. Throttle did not show up in game controllers, only joystick, but was functioning correctly in device manager and USB bus in hwinfo. Debug software side, no luck.

Eventually reinstalled the old one, same problem. If I depress the old slew it will be recognized in game controllers, but there is no axis control (the buton depress does not register either). Updated firmware (was already updated), bootloader, checked all connections, reisntalled drivers, etc. Nothing. Cannot get it to work.

Looks like I'm one of the only ones to have a problem and the other guy never fixed his, now posts questions about his virpil. Anyone have a similar problem they resolved?

For what its worth, everything was installed correctly and carefully. Every other button on throttle, including right side, works fine, so if part of the pcb fried its isolated to the slew? anyone successfully fix an issue like this?

Sorry to hear you have been having some issues, I have sent you an email with some troubleshooting steps. Hopefully we will be able to get it up and running for you soon.