SA6 & SA2 not launching

Alligin

I'm trying to setup an SA2 & SA6 enemy units to engage me while flying the F/A-18 to practice HARM's. I come from a Falcon BMS background and I'm used to clicking on an SA2 unit and placing it on the map. Everything is in that unit to now attack. DCS editor is different I'm new to DCS mission editor.

The SA2 wont emit or engage with missiles. I know the SA2 system uses Fangsong and separate SA2 launches. Ive made them same group. What am I missing??

Screen_190117_022544.png?t=1547606985

Screen_190117_022552.png?t=1547607658

The SA6 will emit and I can destroy it with a HARM. BUT it will not fire on me even if I don't destroy it. Again..... What unit or what step am I missing?

Is There a go to page where I can find out what systems are required to get any unit operational? :book:

Screen_190117_022617.png?t=1547608009

Screen_190117_022624.png?t=1547608082

They have to be in the same group. If you see where on the right where it says Unit. It says 1 of 1. That means you set the pieces out in separate groups. They all have to be in the same group so the Unit should be X number of however many vehicles you have set out.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

They have to be in the same group. If you see where on the right where it says Unit. It says 1 of 1. That means you set the pieces out in separate groups. They all have to be in the same group so the Unit should be X number of however many vehicles you have set out.

Thanks Vampyre. :thumbup:

I got the SA2 firing at least. By changing the group to 1/3, 2/3, 3/3.

I also added "Engage air weapons" in the advanced waypoints menu for the SA2. Is that necessary?

No success with the SA6 yet........Time for bed ZZzz

SA-2 also needs a Fan Song and a P-19 Radar in the same group.

I left the SA2 site with the units in pic 1 & 2. Is the P-19 included by default? Either way the SA2's fired on me. Easily spoofed by notching though. No jammer or chaff needed.

Thanks Vampyre. :thumbup:

I got the SA2 firing at least. By changing the group to 1/3, 2/3, 3/3.

I also added "Engage air weapons" in the advanced waypoints menu for the SA2. Is that necessary?

No success with the SA6 yet........Time for bed ZZzz

No, you shouldn't need to set anything in the advanced waypoints. You are probably missing something in the SA6 group.

I left the SA2 site with the units in pic 1 & 2. Is the P-19 included by default? Either way the SA2's fired on me. Easily spoofed by notching though. No jammer or chaff needed.

No, the P-19 is an individual unit that you need to add to make a Launchers / Fan Song / P-19 group.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

@Alligin

You need to find out the composition requirements for each SA system.

Once you know that, place all the required units in the SAME group.

This should take care of the issues you're having.

exactly. took me a couple times to sort this out and understand the setup. but indeed, the same group!:thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Left side of the Mission Editor. Near the trigger place icon , you shoud find the "create/place template".

In the templates you select the country (Russia is the most complete) then the type of SAM you want.

It's a template of basic SAM unit you can place with a click :)

Thanks, that should make it easier