How do you take notes during the flight?

captain_kuwait

Yes please.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Or have one of the pages on the kneeboard be a log of all communications....kind of like FSX/P3D does with ATC comms. That way you can scroll back

In the same way you could have a menu option in comms to "Copy" and then later go to the kneeboard and access a page with the information in handwriting as if you had wrote it down during the read-off. You could even trigger an animation, make it so that a time period was allotted for the taking off the note, etc

agreed, would love to have this feature, (auto populating a "notes" kneeboard).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yeah this is a problem I'm having with my Mi8 MOH campaign. I have alot of waypoints to remember the details of which, and the navigational coordinates, need to be remembered such as how many degrees and the distance to my target. Navigation is important in flight sims to keep the long flights interesting but I need to be prepared as going in and out of the game to look at the mission breifing all the time is too immersion breaking in VR or out. I could just try to remember the co-ordinates, but I think I am going to try and record the details on my mobile phone audio recorder, and when I am flying listen to them in one ear!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Once advanced pointing and cockpit interface devices become the norm, we should have a grease pencil option so we can take notes on the canopy! (only half kidding.)

But seriously, an upgraded kneeboard with comms log is definitely needed.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

i think they should implement a log of radio comms in a kneeboard page...

or at least make copy and paste

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

with windows mixed reality headset anyway it is possible to do this:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/121260-open-use-windows-mixed-reality-flashlight-windows-10-a.html

it uses the builtin cameras on the wmr headsets, what would be useful would be to bind the option on the joystick

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Perfect solution !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes saw that and am interested in giving it a go - still, the challenges are having to use the keyboard (I can touch type so it’s not a big deal for me) with VR. I’d really like a tablet integration into the knee board so I can write using a pen/pencil but that’s not always going to work for everyone

Yes saw that and am interested in giving it a go - still, the challenges are having to use the keyboard (I can touch type so it’s not a big deal for me) with VR. I’d really like a tablet integration into the knee board so I can write using a pen/pencil but that’s not always going to work for everyone

i can type without watching but when my rig is in flight mode i don’t have a keyboard near

me

I take some notes by using theF10 map "add comment" option.

this mod is useful for taking note of coordinates form the f10 map so you can enter them in to the hornet.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Get this https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad?fbclid=IwAR3Q4rUePDD6lMbzcwcPgXSTNf0Bn2k4SkP0ueRYkZDr3TDlVJtEDRilxpw Then you can type info in VR you can type in all briefing and it stays you can type any thing you want and move it around and change size see screen shot

Screen_190110_195616.thumb.png.4523866424e31f8938905c1b4976f65b.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Get this https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad?fbclid=IwAR3Q4rUePDD6lMbzcwcPgXSTNf0Bn2k4SkP0ueRYkZDr3TDlVJtEDRilxpw Then you can type info in VR you can type in all briefing and it stays you can type any thing you want and move it around and change size see screen shot

This was awesome. Thanks.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.