2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Today's news are very good, but nothing about new Carrier modules 2016

The newsletter explicitly states:

In next week’s newsletter we’ll talk about the non-aircraft projects that we’ll be working on during 2019.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The newsletter explicitly states:

what news letter? there ain't no newsletter for today, I think you guys are 2 weeks behind?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

what news letter? there ain't no newsletter for today, I think you guys are 2 weeks behind?

The actual content of the post says Jan 4th,

Although the forum entry is dated Dec 27th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

Maybe it over-wrote an older forum post?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

The actual content of the post says Jan 4th,

Although the forum entry is dated Dec 27th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

Maybe it over-wrote an older forum post?

Now that's odd, especially because that post did show up on the new forum posts a few hours ago. :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

04 Jan 19 - First Mi-24 screenshot

That's a special message for Matt and Chizh,

Today the entire Hind community has discovered the FIRST screenshot of the "possible" and "future" Hind module.

Thx a lot for that...but... are you really serious ? Come on guys....

More than a year later after the first annoucement, despite recurrent news mentioning that the Hind module is still on track and even today stating that you have certainly not forgotten about all the rotor-heads...music_whistling.gif

The first screenshot of the Hind is only that !!!!cry.gif

That's what you really want to show to the people awaiting for this module after one year of development???

Sorry gents but I think that we deserve more than that. Maybe more details on the current status of the project...notting more.

Check on the reactions here :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193715&page=37

You have just successfully disappointed most of the rotor-heads community!

Have a nice WE,

Chris

That's what you really want to show to the people awaiting for this module after one year of development???

How do you know its been 1 year in development, and how do you know what the development plan is, when they licensed it, when they got the green light to continue, and when they had sufficient data to start the entire process?

Isnt it enough of a sign, that it is in development and continues to be so?

Took like 8 years from the first peep of the Hornet, until we went flying in Early Access.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Sorry gents but I think that we deserve more than that. Maybe more details on the current status of the project...notting more.

State of the project: in development :megalol:

Please just let BST work on it, they will tell us when it's ready.

They already have an excellent proven record with helicopters so we know the quality will be there.

They don't need to build "hype" until right before release for marketing purposes.

I'm waiting for the Mi-24, as it will probably be the next module I buy for DCS - but I can wait patiently.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Isnt it enough of a sign, that it is in development and continues to be so?

Took like 8 years from the first peep of the Hornet, until we went flying in Early Access.

If you look at the unofficial roadmap from Silver Dragon, it looks like the Cobra is going to take even longer. (And Silver Dragon is an optimist.) I feel sorry for the fans of that module.

For Mi-24, no offense but I think the people in that thread got what they were asking for. There is no way around the wait. I hope we get more information later on but likely even Wags and guys don't have much of an idea about release dates and such yet.

Much of hard work needs to be still done and I really appreciate what big or little things ED are doing for the benefit of us rotorheads. (The Ka-50 update isn't an insignificant thing either, but personally I feel we are more missing the world around the helicopters rather than more and better helicopters - basically each of the 4 we currently have is already great in its own personal way.)

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

State of the project: in development :megalol:

Please just let BST work on it, they will tell us when it's ready.

They already have an excellent proven record with helicopters so we know the quality will be there.

They don't need to build "hype" until right before release for marketing purposes.

I'm waiting for the Mi-24, as it will probably be the next module I buy for DCS - but I can wait patiently.

There is one thing on what we are sure : the quality of the module !

I don't have any doubt on that...and I really enjoy the job done and achieved by ED during 2018.

I just put the finger on the fact that compared to other modules in development we were quiet in the dark during 2018 and that the first released screenshot don't give us a very optimistic overview for 2019...

Notting more than that...And sometimes you have to tickle this point and hopping for a reaction... wink.gif

What I'm quite happy this time with how ED phrased their expectations for 2019,

We do not expect for all these projects to be released in 2019, but this is where our focus will be this year.

Rather than how it was the previous year, many projects listed "for 2018" and most were not delivered during the year. I think it (possibly) created some false expectations and wasn't up to ED's usual communication standard.

As said... the next newsletter is likely even more interesting! The aircraft usually get much hype and attention, and most of what was in the newsletter we basically already know. (In part thanks to the very open communication from Razbam!) The world around - it's usually where DCS is a bit weaker, but it can still be very important because it brings value to every module. Engine upgrades, fixes to old small things (which just the most long term fans seem to appreciate, having suffered from them for so many years), supporting modules like CA and the upcoming dynamic campaign (looks like it will be a big thing, but still a few years off I think).

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Rather than how it was the previous year, many projects listed "for 2018" and most were not delivered during the year. I think it (possibly) created some false expectations and wasn't up to ED's usual communication standard.

Please.... and sorry to remark them always.....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3338291&postcount=123

We and our partners plan even bigger and better things for 2018 to include:

What part or "PLANS" not release do you not understand.... and Where are "Write on STONE they have to will release on 2018?".

And yes, I have optimist as all ED and community members buy I always have realistic and has normally delays on all PLANS.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Maybe we could expect - or at least wish for someone to tell us when your plans gets changed and maybe- just maybe - since we are the paying customers who keep you in business - maybe we could get to know a little bit of why?

Sertanly not a demand... just common sense

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Maybe we could expect - or at least wish for someone to tell us when your plans gets changed and maybe- just maybe - since we are the paying customers who keep you in business - maybe we could get to know a little bit of why?

When you have actually given money to ED or a 3rd party for an unreleased product that is fair. What is not - is to think that because you bought a previous module by ED and or 3rd parties they owe you something for another product that you haven't paid for.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

That is a cool idea. Please spread the word since I would, as a stock holder, love to know what Apple, Activision, Merck, Facebook and others have planned for the future. :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The only thing I´m really sad about is that the F-4E was set back to nowhere, BST has made an interessting Progress when plans have changed. Sure, thats for the benefit of other great Projects...but I was so happy when the F-4E was announced by BST. I think ist not too sarcastic when I say, I can be happy to see her within the next decade :cry:.

of course the above represents just my Point of view, others will have a totally different view on this.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Between keeping up proficiency with the Sabre, relearning the BlackShark and entering the Tomcat syllabus I am going to have plenty to do before the Hind comes out. Definitely will give the Mig-19 a go. So much for saving money this year...

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Really, only one year for a DCS level module, wow :megalol:.

DCS: MiG-19P,

DCS: F-14,

DCS: F-16C,

DCS: Mi-24P,

DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt,

DCS: de Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI,

DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Shrike,

DCS: JF-17,

DCS: I-16

That's a lot of binary metal (and fabric, and wood) for one year!! :weight_lift:

He is only talking about the Hind.

Guess the AH1 has dropped into 2020.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Yep, that's what I was humoring about, expecting a DCS World module to be completed in about a year.

On average, it seems to take ED about 3 or 4 years or so to create a single module from first conception to release, which seems about reasonable to me.

A DCS World level module is a lot more than just eye candy.

I'd think just doing all the legal releases, the research and gathering of all the necessary documentation could easily take 6 to 12 months, or more just in itself, depending on the subject. Then the systems reverse engineering, the coding for each system, the FM, etc, before even getting to the pretty release level 3D models to show off. Basically a DCS level module is a little more work than an air quake type module I'm thinking.

But you do realize that Belsimtek was working on the Hind for years(with putting it on hold in between) and that in the last 2017 newsletter(for 2018 ) there were 2 Belsimtek modules announced: Hind and F4 Fhantom. And yes i know they didn't told us back then that both modules will be released in 2018, but a couple of months later ED and Belsimtek merged, the F-4 guys got the biggest kick in there b***s(F4 went the priority ledder way down), so seeing a naked WIP Hind cockpit is a little underwhelming for us rotor heads. If you only fly planes i get that there is no frustration on your side, planty of them are coming. With a little luck we will get EA for the Hind in 2020.

Oh, and this was no rant or whining, just a clarification. :D Everything is fine :joystick:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings