BRRRRRAAAAT!

METEOP

Anybody noticed the new sound from the gun in the A10 from 2.5.4?

Pretty badass! You can hear the airframe resonating from the gattling gun :punk:

So now, it's not so much BRRRRT anymore, sounds to me like BRRRRAAAAAT!

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Anybody noticed the new sound from the gun in the A10 from 2.5.4?

Pretty badass! You can hear the airframe resonating from the gattling gun :punk:

So now, it's not so much BRRRRT anymore, sounds to me like BRRRRAAAAAT!

Looking forward to hearing it. I have a question related to the gun:

When watching some YouTube videos, I see that when people fire the gun, the pipper stays on the target. However, when I fire the gun, there is a kick and the nose pitches up slightly. I have the PAC active. What gives? Were those videos from an old version? I can’t give more than a 1/2 second burst of rounds before I’m completely missing the target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

BRRRRRAAAAT!

When watching some YouTube videos, I see that when people fire the gun, the pipper stays on the target. However, when I fire the gun, there is a kick and the nose pitches up slightly. I have the PAC active. What gives? Were those videos from an old version? I can’t give more than a 1/2 second burst of rounds before I’m completely missing the target.

Make sure you have enough speed for the PAC to be effective. Strongharm has a good training mission that talks about all this- speed, pitch angle, and target angle

I think even above 300kts if you can

Edited by ricktoberfest

Has anyone noticed the GAU-8 seems to have more killing power? MIGHT be my imagination but I have been getting Tanks in one pass the last couple of days verses 2-3 passes previously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Make sure you have enough speed for the PAC to be effective. Strongharm has a good training mission that talks about all this- speed, pitch angle, and target angle

I think even above 300kts if you can

That must be it. I would always slow down and add speed brakes to maximize my time for shooting. I’ll have to speed it up! Thanks.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

That must be it. I would always slow down and add speed brakes to maximize my time for shooting. I’ll have to speed it up! Thanks.

Speed brakes disables the PAC system, the speed, not so much unless you would go very very slow, 30 deg is where you want to be as it redirects the recoil force through the airframe, maximizes the effectiveness of the rounds while providing the longest aiming and firing time, any steeper than that will yield marginal stability to the cost of aiming and firing time and a trickier egress from you run

Edited by Dafiew

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

A lot of people use the Warthog stick, which has a dual stage trigger. The first stage of this trigger stabilizes the aircraft using PAC, second stage fires. This makes for a much more stable gun.

I would always slow down and add speed brakes to maximize my time for shooting.

Don't use speedbrakes for gun runs (or any other attack, for that matter).

While slow speed gives you more time to aim, it also gives the bad guys more time for flight path prediction and unauthorized installation of 23 mm holes. :D

Kidding aside, real pilots invest a lot of training time into roll-ins and gun runs. If you look at HUD videos from gun runs in Afghanistan, it's like roll-in, correct, fire, off, all within a matter of seconds. And it's really about minimizing the time spent on a predictable flight path, because at that moment the aircraft will be relatively low and the defenders are most likely to take a shot.

I like all the new sounds.

OT

Yurgon says well, never use speedbrakes during dive.

Focus your attention to the roll-in speed and altitude at the apex in order to have the right tracking time and the right speed when perform the weapon release.

I like all the new sounds.

OT

Yurgon says well, never use speedbrakes during dive.

Focus your attention to the roll-in speed and altitude at the apex in order to have the right tracking time and the right speed when perform the weapon release.

Would you mind sharing any sources regarding these techniques specifically for the A10's gun?

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Would you mind sharing any sources regarding these techniques specifically for the A10's gun?

You’ll find a whole bunch of good info on our site:

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=45

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com