[NO ERROR] FCS G-limit modes

Hummingbird

You're probably too slow then or too heavy. 7.8 and above is quite possible.

I was carrying 100% fuel and 2 aim-9's, but I couldn't pull more than 6 G's irrespective of speed, the limiter would prevent me from pulling any further.

Only way I can get above 6 G is to press the nosewheel steering button to deactivate the limiter it seems.

PS: Is there a way to bind the limiter disconnect button to become toggable?

So there's no way to make the limit disconnect a toggable switch?

Btw I noticed that the FCS sometimes dials down below the max allowable G for some reason, and you can hear a sort of puff noise and feel a slight jerk when it does this.

Edited by Hummingbird

I was carrying 100% fuel and 2 aim-9's, but I couldn't pull more than 6 G's irrespective of speed, the limiter would prevent me from pulling any further.

Only way I can get above 6 G is to press the nosewheel steering button to deactivate the limiter it seems.

The 7.5 G design-limit is calculated for a gross weight of around 32000 lbs.

The dry-weight of the aircraft is around 24000 lbs, while the total internal fuel capacity is ~ 10800 lbs.

So at 100% internal fuel, you are at around 35000 lbs.

JJ

The 7.5 G design-limit is calculated for a gross weight of around 32000 lbs.

The dry-weight of the aircraft is around 24000 lbs, while the total internal fuel capacity is ~ 10800 lbs.

So at 100% internal fuel, you are at around 35000 lbs.

Alright, will try it at 35000 lbs and see what G the aircraft will pull with the limiter on.

Gotta find some some sort program that can emulate continually pressing down a key, I hate having to hold a button through maneuvers :P

Alright, will try it at 35000 lbs and see what G the aircraft will pull with the limiter on.

Gotta find some some sort program that can emulate continually pressing down a key, I hate having to hold a button through maneuvers :P

Not really necessary to pull that many Gs in this jet. Slow speed is where this thing really earns its money in a dogfight. If you find yourself way too fast at the merge and absolutely need to max perform, holding a button for one maneuver isn't that bad.

I should add that the FCS limiter feels kind of springy in that if you momentarily exceed the limit it will quickly try to move you back down in G's resulting in it throwing you down well below the maximum limit instead of merely exactly to said limit - as if it's abit overly aggressive and overcompensates.

Now I dunno if it's supposed to do this, it's just an observation I made.

It's actually the paddle switch on the stick, different than NWS. Has other functions like disengaging autopilot and I think one more thing.

Oh, must have misremembered then. Uncage I think it also does?

EDIT: It should be the NWS button, it disengages auto pilot & G-limiter

Edited by Hummingbird

Oh, must have misremembered then. Uncage I think it also does?

EDIT: It should be the NWS button, it disengages auto pilot & G-limiter

This pic was posted in another thread, good idea of how it all works. NWS button is the red one that basically changes it from low to high gain, paddle switch can disengage NWS though.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.960465f69b1d0fb6fbf9514eef3cde9c.jpg

• 1 month later...

On the stick of the hornet, there is a paddle switch, and basically what that does, as long as you are in flight with the gear up, is bypass the flybywire G limit. That's just how the F/A18C is. Hats off to those who put their work into this module :)