Comms no answer then menu gone

Razor18

Hi There,

How can I communicate with tower or flight? Tried raise the tower on all channels (A, B, C, D) to ask startup, nobody answered (in Charnwood Campaign and High Stakes too). Tried flight too, no response. Then after a while the whole comms menu never ever poppes up again if button pressed. Totally reproducable. Is it just me, or maybe the latest update messed something up?

Thanks

Usual channel for tower comms is B and the frequency has to be set to match the tower of airfield before flight in mission editor (for your P-51). It actually works ok this way.

I've just started High Stakes but in this Campaign it seems that all you need for comms (tower or anything) is F10 in comms menu for any communication.

but the whole menu is gone.

Is not it because you are in the air?

When you are in the air, one button does not open comm menu.

You must use RAlt + \ keys to open comm menu.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I am unable to contact ATC in he P51, BF109 and F5-E3 since the OB 2.54.

The menu comes up -> F5 -> the ask for take off or startup -> No response. Frequency is not tuned. Menu stays black. No issue with Ground Crew

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I am unable to contact ATC in he P51, BF109 and F5-E3 since the OB 2.54.

The menu comes up -> F5 -> the ask for take off or startup -> No response. Frequency is not tuned. Menu stays black. No issue with Ground Crew

"Frequency is not tuned" says it all. You must set one of the channels to the ATC frequency, either in the Mission Editor, or at mission start in Mission Planner. How else could you contact the tower?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

"Frequency is not tuned" says it all. You must set one of the channels to the ATC frequency, either in the Mission Editor, or at mission start in Mission Planner. How else could you contact the tower?

I have the channels set to the TWR frequency in ME. It is tuned on B. I hit B and I get nothing ;)

The Comms menu does show me a whole bunch of airports, but really not the one I am at, Nalchik.

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Kobuleti always works for the Sabre. Batumi for the P-51. No setting change in my diy missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

I have the channels set to the TWR frequency in ME. It is tuned on B. I hit B and I get nothing ;)

The Comms menu does show me a whole bunch of airports, but really not the one I am at, Nalchik.

"Hitting" B only selects the channel you are using, very much like with a car radio. In fact the button-set is called car-radio buttons.

Use your PTT button to use the radio. I've just tried Nalchik out without issue.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

In the P-51D you don't use the "usual" Comms menu command (/), you should map and use "Radio push to talk" (RAlt+/ by default I guess).