** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 ** - Page 45 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #441
riboyster

Send a message via AIM to riboyster Send a message via MSN to riboyster

I must admit though, I'm really enjoying all of the trolling and heat it's getting on the facebook page.

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:
http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html
riboyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #442
freemind_fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Christian Eagle II ist out in Open Beta, so, yes sounds reasonable.
Just on a side note: it actually is a very nice and easy aerobatics plane. Maybe nothing for a dogfight, but if you are into flying first and frag count isn't everything, it is actually very enjoyable.
I even dare say it can work very well as a basic flight trainer for western pilots, especially to learn the ropes for tail dragging prop planes without an overpowered warbird engine...
Interesting! While the F-14 will hopefully be pure fun I (private pilot) hope to get something out of DCS for the real world. In DCS I fly a lot with the P51D but its quite hard. However is the Christen Eagle – as an aerobatic plane – really a good tailwheel trainer?
freemind_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #443
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemind_fly View Post
Interesting! While the F-14 will hopefully be pure fun I (private pilot) hope to get something out of DCS for the real world. In DCS I fly a lot with the P51D but its quite hard. However is the Christen Eagle – as an aerobatic plane – really a good tailwheel trainer?
It has a tailwheel and you (should) land with a threepoint landing. It is easier to handle and operate than a P-51D, though.
If you want an easy plane to learn the basics of flying prop planes I would currently vote for the Yak-52 if you want to focus on procedures and learn complex engine management and for the Chr. Eagle II If you want to learn basic flying, aerobatics and have fun...

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #444
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
However is the Christen Eagle – as an aerobatic plane – really a good tailwheel trainer?
I think it's very forgiving, so it's probably not the best bet if you want to use it to learn to build up to WW2 planes.
Flamin_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #445
freemind_fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
I think it's very forgiving, so it's probably not the best bet if you want to use it to learn to build up to WW2 planes.
I think I will give it a try. Ideally someone would do a Super Cub! That would be the perfect trainer.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:50 PM   #446
RustBelt

Quote:
Give the CEII some time. I think they said the ground modeling needs some work. It's acting very Early Access right now on the ground.

What pedals do you have? Because as a Comm CFI-I I can tell you you just won't get Tail Wheel down with something like the Pro Pedals or the TFRPs. You need a lot more swing.
RustBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:21 AM   #447
freemind_fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
Give the CEII some time. I think they said the ground modeling needs some work. It's acting very Early Access right now on the ground.

What pedals do you have? Because as a Comm CFI-I I can tell you you just won't get Tail Wheel down with something like the Pro Pedals or the TFRPs. You need a lot more swing.
Thanks for the info! I have the MFG pedals. Don’t know what you mean by the lack of swing of those brands you mentioned. I already ordered the CAM5 if that says something to you.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:27 AM   #448
freemind_fly

Xxxxxx

Last edited by freemind_fly; 01-19-2019 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 01-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #449
RustBelt

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I have the MFG pedals. Don’t know what you mean by the lack of swing of those brands you mentioned. I already ordered the CAM5 if that says something to you.
The under $200's are just too close together and don't have great just off center response and have way too much center detent. Ok for Jets and probably not bad for a trike. But for a Taildragger, Especially a high performance Taildragger, you need to have room to dance. MFG with CAM5 should work pretty good.
RustBelt is offline   Reply With Quote