Mi-8 Cold Start transfer pumps failure

Hi,

I'm about to learn cold start of the Hip after many, many years in my possession. I have run the Cold Start missions for both Nevada and Caucasus several times with the manual on my second screen. Most of these flights has ended as soon I'm airborne.

Now today when doing the Caucasus version again I continued to fly for some time, when suddenly I got a warning of transfer pumps failure, both of them at the same time. At that moment I was playing around trying to arm my weapons. What went wrong? Did I do something without knowing? I was fumbling around quit much, so no surprise if I did, but I haven't seen anything in the replay. That's why I ask you for helpsmilie.gif. The mission has no random failures set.

I tried to turn off and on power supplies including the APU and backup generator. Of course the pumps as well.

I attach the trk (in a divided rar), but mind you, it's lengthy. As I said I'm doing it reading the manual at the same time. When about to lift off I also tried to do a running nose wheel takeoff as described in the manual (failed) and when finally airborne I adjusted the Gama and tried to remember how to arm my weapons and and what my related hotas assignments was. The failure is happening quite in the end, a while after passing over a smaller lake.

Also, since it might affect how the replay goes, my trimmer mode was reset to Default for some reason (I usually have the no FFB and spring option). And my flying is ugly, had too much in my head except actually flying...

Mi-8 Cold Start transfer pumps failure.part1.rar

Mi-8 Cold Start transfer pumps failure.part2.rar

Mi-8 Cold Start transfer pumps failure.part3.rar

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I'm on my laptop ATM but just an idea how much fuel do you have in the main tanks? The header tank from memory gives you about 30mins flying after the transfer pump alert.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I'm on my laptop ATM but just an idea how much fuel do you have in the main tanks? The header tank from memory gives you about 30mins flying after the transfer pump alert.
I don't really remember, but in total I think it was about 10 on the outer scale on the gauge when starting the mission, 4 on the inner for the header tank. So the pumps stop and one gets the alerts when the main tanks are empty? Never caught my mind I might have run dry in the main tanks, will have a look. Sounds highly possible.

I got the emergency fuel warning before I landed an ended the mission, so didn't empty the header tank all the way.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Indeed it was, thanks guys!

No need to bother about the track. I have owned the Hip for several years and love to just fly her, but never flown any real missions exep some of the training ones, just some self-made crousing or slingload ones with full fuel load. Never encountered this. Never bothered about fuel. But it was kind of confusing that the alarm states the pumps malfunctioning, instead of bingo fuel in the main tanks. Now I know, so will start keep an eye on the fuel gauge ones in a while. I doo in the other module I own, but there the gauge is located at the pilot seat. The Hip definitely is a MC vessel.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Just remember that the side fueltanks feed the service bladder tank on top using the fuelpump. Even if the main tanks run dry and all pumps fail, the service tank will gravity feed the engines until it too, is empty.

IIRC even if you don't switch on the service tank fuel pump, the aircraft flies fine.

More info: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151933

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Thanks for the reminder. Alphaonesix is a priceless resource for us. Now I finally will have use for his incredible contributions.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5