VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

I don’t have the mod installed right now and some modules (Spitfire, for example) has the sun glare, perhaps is this the problem?

No. Its happening in the F18 where it didnt happen prior to installing the mod.

GTX 1080ti FTW3, Intel I7 9700k 5.0Ghz Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Z370, Rift S

Anyone else have problems running this mod lately?

First version worked great for me but now I cant even load main menu before getting error window.

XspoZyG.png

Followed the instructions in readme - deleted right folders etc.

(Game works fine if mod is disabled)

Edited by Salsam

I can't get the mod to work with the latest version of DCS, or at least I had it working on a prior version. Removed the metacache files, installed the mod. The game doesn't launch, it loads about 400MBs in ram and as soon as I click on the DCS window it goes to 70MBs and windows says the program isn't responding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't get the mod to work with the latest version of DCS, or at least I had it working on a prior version. Removed the metacache files, installed the mod. The game doesn't launch, it loads about 400MBs in ram and as soon as I click on the DCS window it goes to 70MBs and windows says the program isn't responding.

Asking the obvious, are you sure you are using the updated version of the mod for 2.5.3?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have the fish eye view with the oculus where the difference in shaders to the edge of my vision is a bit distracting as I move my head around the cockpit. Not as noticeable on external views. I wonder can this be rectified, as it`s a nice improvement in performance.

Edit.

Sorted, edited the MaskSize as advised. Thanks for your efforts OP, much appreciated. I wonder would a similar approach give good results in IL2 BOS, or is it even a possibility. Thanks again.

Edited by Zoomer

I have the fish eye view with the oculus where the difference in shaders to the edge of my vision is a bit distracting as I move my head around the cockpit. Not as noticeable on external views. I wonder can this be rectified, as it`s a nice improvement in performance.

What do you have your MASKSIZE set to?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have mine set to 0.6125 at present.

Are you on Rift?

Yes the rift.

You need to increase the MASKSIZE. I’m not at my computer atm, but I think mine is set to 0.67.

Anyone else have problems running this mod lately?

First version worked great for me but now I cant even load main menu before getting error window.

XspoZyG.png

Followed the instructions in readme - deleted right folders etc.

(Game works fine if mod is disabled)

Hi. Same error message here, any solution? My rig: I7-4790K, GTX 970, 16 Gb RAM, Oculus Rift. Thanks

About the Oculus MASKSIZE, I have tried several sizes, all around 0.56-0.63. I settled at 0.61, but I still see a small blurry ring. I am doing it by trial and error, and the annoying part is that I have to wait for the whole cache to rebuild after every change (30 minutes). I hope there is a better way to correct for this. If so, please let me know.

About the Oculus MASKSIZE, I have tried several sizes, all around 0.56-0.63. I settled at 0.61, but I still see a small blurry ring. I am doing it by trial and error, and the annoying part is that I have to wait for the whole cache to rebuild after every change (30 minutes). I hope there is a better way to correct for this. If so, please let me know.

If you are still seeing a blurry ring, why have you stopped at 0.61? I need 0.67 on my Rift.

If you are still seeing a blurry ring, why have you stopped at 0.61? I need 0.67 on my Rift.

Like I said, takes way too long to redo the shadders. I was increasing bit by bit and stopped there as it was good enough. I am trying 0.67 now. Will post the results. Tks!

EDIT: 0.67 worked beautifully with Oculus and standard insert pads. Thanks!

Edited by joca133
solved

You need to increase the MASKSIZE. I’m not at my computer atm, but I think mine is set to 0.67.

It`s a trade off, increasing causes loss of FOV. I`m happy around the .61 mark. The scuba view of the rift is restrictive enough w/o reducing FOV any further.

Hi. Same error message here, any solution? My rig: I7-4790K, GTX 970, 16 Gb RAM, Oculus Rift. Thanks

Hi. My fault, because I have the standard edition of DCS World, not openbeta, so I applied the "old" mod and it works!

Really awesome mod, thank you very much, huge improvement!

Kegetys, could you do a similar mod for XPlane 11?? ;)

Anyone else getting crashes with the latest OB Hot-Fix? Not sure if it's Shaders Mod or not...haven't had time to test much yet.

Yes, me too :cry: !

After disabling ShaderMod via OSGME everything works fine and DCS-OB starts as it should. Can reproduce this issue !