Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Hi,

i bought the F-5 in the last sale. Right now im learning the machine.

Is there still activity on the Cold War Server?

I would like to fly mainly online and be a part of that community :)

But: i still not understand how that thing with simple radio works on the server.

Welcome to DCS!

The server is mostly active during the evening or late at night (middle Europe time zone; Germany, Austria, etc.).

For SRS try the SRS discord channel, where surely a member or Ciribob himself will help you out:

https://discordapp.com/invite/baw7g3t

Have fun and safe flying!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

HI AlpenWolf,

please see below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3710197#post3710197

thanks

Yes, I know that. But it's unfortunately for the L-39C only. Not the ZA.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi,

i bought the F-5 in the last sale. Right now im learning the machine.

Is there still activity on the Cold War Server?

I would like to fly mainly online and be a part of that community :)

But: i still not understand how that thing with simple radio works on the server.

Yup there is

Is there a description about the server rules?

Especially how and what to communicate with who?

First post. IP for Teamspeak and SRS.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Operation: Mountain Peaks

- Only the following air-to-air missiles are allowed: RS2, R-55 and AIM-9B (GAR-8)
- AAA's only. No SAM's of whatsoever type.

Situation:

Red Bases: Sochi-Adler and a road base for the I-16
Blue Bases: Maykop-Khanskaya and a road base for the P-51

Each coalition has a total of 3 communication towers on three different mountain peaks. In addition, Red has 4 oil platforms 50 km northwest of Sochi. There are 2 Red cargo ships traveling back and forth between the oil platforms and Sochi harbour transporting oil to the mainland.
Blue has 4 oil derricks 50 km southeast of Maykop-Khanskaya Airbase.

Destroying the communication towers (and their defences) and the oil derricks in the objective. Furthermore, Blue must destroy the 2 Red cargo ships.

NOTE:
Teamwork is the key! Use SRS and get on comms.

briefing modified.jpg

missiles.png

Red Objectives:

Destroy the following:

- The enemy's 3 communication towers.
- The enemy's oil derricks.

Communication towers (marked on the F10 map):
At each TA there is 1 comm. tower, 2 tents and multiple AAA's. Destroy the aforementioned targets to finish a TA.

Oil Derricks:
There are 4 oil derricks and 6 other buildings and containers that we have to destroy, located 50 km southeast of Maykop-Khanskaya airbase. The AAA's by the oil derricks are not the objective, however they should be destroyed to clear the way for striking.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frequencies:

EWR / GCI: 124 MHz, channel 0 for MiG-21's. Channel 2 for MiG-19's. Button C for I-16's.
EWR-MiG-15 (callsign: 15): 4.95 MHz (tuned in by default)
I-16's Road Base: 131 MHz, button C

==========================

Blue Objectives:

Destroy the following:

- The enemy's 3 communication towers.
- The enemy's oil platforms.
- The enemy's ships.

Communication towers (marked on the F10 map):
At each TA there is 1 comm. tower, 2 tents and multiple AAA's. Destroy the aforementioned targets to finish a TA.

Oil platforms:
There are 4 oil platforms that we have to destroy. The bullseye marks the location of the centre platform, 32 miles northwest of Sochi-Adler airbase.

Enemy cargo ships:
There are 2 enemy cargo ships traveling back and forth between the enemy's oil platforms, bullseye, and Sochi harbour south of the airbase. Intercept the ships when there by the oil platforms and send them to the abyss. Attacking the ships by Sochi is too risky so calculate your approach carefully.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frequencies:

EWR / GCI Axeman: 251 MHz
EWR-P-51 (callsign: Darknight): 130 MHz, button A
P-51's Road Base: 125 MHz, button B

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The radio expansion option is OFF. No idea why you have that...

Very good, one time fluke or figment of my imagination I suppose haha.

That does however lead me to ask the if it is something we could get turned on. I do realize that it is not completely realistic, as the F5 obviously only has one radio and that it sounds hypocritical coming from a realism hawk like me.

However, I would make the case that using a phantom radio in SRS is still much more realistic than using teamspeak or discord for intraflight communication. You still have to coordinate for the correct freq, use a PTT, ect. Having a hot mic teampeak/discord going amongst a flight has always felt a little cheesy to me. Using a second SRS radio also makes it easier to form a flight with someone you meet in game, as you only have to agree on a frequency-- no tabbing out to find each other in another voice app. This way you can closely coordinate but still have the ability to talk to other flights, announce intentions in the terminal area, and utilize the AWACS/GCI without hopelessly clogging the main frequency.

Anyway, just my thoughts. If there is something I am missing or if someone has a more streamlined way that they handle their voice comms I am all ears! (And if it time to stop whining and dust off TS/Discord, I can do that too, I just think SRS is such a wonderful asset I want to use it for everything DCS related).

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Hi, yes i read that, but which frequencies i need to use in my F-5 ingame?

Is that mentioned in some ingame briefing or something like that?

(i have not yet joined the server)

Yes, it is. 251 MHz is what you need to contact AWACS and almost every Blue pilot who's on SRS too.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

the images are really great!

this is exactly what i am looking for as a striker ;)

note: on the second image the water towers are named as water pumps, which should be towers ;)

Yeah, I've noticed that after posting the images.

Thank you very much for the nice image in my signature. Very much appreciated, my friend :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Thank you very much for the nice image in my signature. Very much appreciated, my friend :thumbup:

you're very welcome, i am glad if you like it

if you need something changed, just let me know! :thumbup:

Edited by dFlow

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Yesterday my first try on the server.

I was shot down on my way to the Bullseye, did not know there was something behind me :D

But Navigation is difficult in the F5 - it seems there is no Tacan station.

So its more visual navigation to the Mountains and back (if i come back...)

The mission Elbrus was updated:

4 briefing images were added to help strikers know what they're up against.

(The colours in the images are a bit poor to kind of make it look like they were taken by a photo device of a recon plane)

Examples:

Blue FARP:

ovf8RnW.jpg

Blue Factory:

a9NBy1V.jpg

Red FARP:

LMlObYy.jpg

Red Outpost:

bmNYx6g.jpg

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The mission Elbrus was updated:

Looks sweet, excited to try it out.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

The last update has once again caused some problems with the warehouses. Fixing that right NOW! I'll upload the fixed missions in 20-30 minutes. Sorry for the delay, just noticed that. So post the issue here if you happen to see it next time so I can be quicker at it.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hello Alpen

Is it possible to add a road base for viggen at whispers and whistles? And some bigger maps aswell?

Cheers

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Hello Alpen

Is it possible to add a road base for viggen at whispers and whistles? And some bigger maps aswell?

Cheers

Yeah, sure. I'll see what I can do. Give me some time though, please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

In the mission When The Mountains Cry, a road base for Viggens was added, which is at waypoint 6.

For more information, Viggen pilots need to read the briefing for Blue:

WD2E0n1.jpg

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I can't be the only person with this issue but have been unable to even find anyone talking about it. I can't fly the Harrier online because anytime I hit the communication menu for bogey dope, it causes the Aim-9 growl in the Harrier to disappear and I have not been able to find anyway to get the growl back. Absolutely killing this bird for me and driving me crazy! It's one or the other, I can have an Aim-9 growl and no bogey dope or bogey dope and no Aim-9 growl.

Edited by Alphazulu

I can't be the only person with this issue but have been unable to even find anyone talking about it. I can't fly the Harrier online because anytime I hit the communication menu for bogey dope, it causes the Aim-9 growl in the Harrier to disappear and I have not been able to find anyway to get the growl back. Absolutely killing this bird for me and driving me crazy! It's one or the other, I can have an Aim-9 growl and no bogey dope or bogey dope and no Aim-9 growl.

If this is an issue of the AV8, I would suggest you to report it in RAZBAM bug tracker.

I tell you, that I have the AV8 and I don't have the problem that you state in SP or any MP server.