A10-C Panel models and knobs

Lars

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks fantastic! :thumbup: Can I ask what you using to make these? CNC machine on metal?

Lars

What do you think?

[ATTACH]126831[/ATTACH]

I draw up the buttons myself but the actual panel is from your files.

VFD display doesn't show well in pictures!

Thanks

Clay

Lynx

http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/M0220SD-202SDAR1/M0220SD-202SDAR1-ND/1739773

For some reason pictures make display look blue. It actually looks green. The display is driven by its own program that Ian( FSFIan) wrote some time ago. I have it running from its own arduino uno that only handles the display. Works great but at some point I am going to integrate it with the arduino mega that i have controlling the switches and pots with DCSBios.

Clay

Good job ClayM, I like it a lot!

I will do some tuning on the lines next to the text. It looks like the lines are to near and touch the text some places.

Did you make the back plate of aluminium?

Continue posting pictures of your panels!

-Lars

I will take a look at it. Thanks for the heads up.

I have not revived any PM from you lately.

(If the real panel is 7 1⁄8 inches my panel should have the correct dimensions...)

Edited by Lars

Your right, i thought it looked wrong, but after looking at it again, there is nothing wrong, sorry for the Misunderstanding :)

I have been writing you PM, dont know why you arent recieving them.... if you want, you can contact me on info@lynx.dk then we can talk :) Im very interested in Borrowing the seatpan for the ACESII :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Lars, I am afraid I do not have a caliper that big so I measured it to a little over 180mm with a metal ruler. Sorry I don't have better tools for it :cry:

Cheers

Hans

Hans don't worry the cost of a good set of calipers to measure panels is over $100.00. That is a bit much if you don't have a ton of panels to measure.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Thanks HMA! kind of you to help out.

It looks like my panels is accurate then with 180.9750 mm

No problem Lars. Glad to sort it out :-)

Hans don't worry the cost of a good set of calipers to measure panels is over $100.00. That is a bit much if you don't have a ton of panels to measure.

Yeah I don't have that many panels so that would be too much

Cheers

Hans

Lars

Cut SAS last night.

2117158833_SASTop.thumb.JPG.29490741e3c1d47d5d84ee95b46009a7.JPG

You were thinking the text on my CMSP was a little thick. As you can see SAS turned out great with thinner lines.

So ,if you have the same font in all your panels, I did something wrong on the CMSP. Possibly cut a little too deep?? Not sure.

When I have some time I will cut CMSP again making sure I use same settings as SAS ( which I thought I did ) and let you know what happens.

Thanks

Clay

Clay, I don't think you did anything wrong. :music_whistling: Well maybe you did. :lol::smilewink:

With all the checking of your x and y axis for accuracy and reputability, did you do the same for the Z axis?

What I suspect is that your process of setting zero on the Z axis is not consistent from project to project. That would account for why your fonts are thicker or thinner from one setup to another.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

John

If you compare the CMSP and SAS pics how much error in Z height would you guess it is off by? Assuming same 60 degree .010" cutter. Realistically I think I must be + - .001" at the worst. Wouldn't it take 2 or 3 thou at least to have that much effect on line thickness?

Thanks

Clay

Hi Clay

So I did some calcs based on the pics you provided. Bear in mind that because your pictures are not razor sharp pictures :music_whistling: I had to estimate the actual thickness of any particular line within a letter. Regardless, the estimates I got are pretty good for this exercise.

The change in thickness of the cut line from one panel to the other using a 60 degree v bit would require a change in cutting depth 0.005".

There you have it Clay. Thats what you need to be able to control to maintain consistent line thicknesses from panel to panel.

Hope that helps.

John

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

My pleasure Clay. I'm glad you were able to resolve the problem.:)

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall