Need help to buy the right screen

Today I use a old 24" Benq with max resolution 1920x1080.

My GPU: MSI gtx 1060 6gb. My CPU is i7 2700k.

I want a better and bigger monitor and wish to buy one with 2k or 4k resolution 27" or 28"

But I can't afford a monitor with g-sync.

Someone know if I will be ok with a 2k or 4k without g-sync?

Or should I just go for a normal 1920x1080 27"?

I have a 27" Benq at 1920 x 1080. I certainly would not want to go any bigger than that on 1920 x 1080 but it looks great at 1920 x 1080. Larger monitors have larger pixels if there is more screen real estate at a particular dpi.

I am thinking 34-40" 4k if I ever get to it. Curved would be nice, g-sync would be nice but the lack of either would not stop me if the price was right. *Refurbished* has served me well in the past.

If I had the money, the hardest decision for me would be whether to go monitor of Rift.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Go for 32-34", skip 4k. Such pixel density will not bring you too much sense, but load your PC significantly. I'm now happy with mine 32" 2560x1440 and feel no need in antialiasing.

IMHO - stay away from curved one if you using any engineering or editing tools like Photoshop or AutoCAD.

Edited by Necroscope

Всех убью, один останусь!

Go for 32-34", skip 4k. Such pixel density will not bring you too much sense, but load your PC significantly. I'm now happy with mine 32" 2560x1440 and feel no need in antialiasing.

IMHO - stay away from curved one if you using any engineering or editing tools like Photoshop or AutoCAD.

But is Your monitor G-sync or Free sync or none of them? And what GPU do you have?

I run a 40" 4K on my rig and is satisfied. It would help a bit to have a new CPU but I have OC'ed mine quite much and it runs DCS World 1.5.7 quite good in 4K with frames 30-50 running without V-Sync. See spec in spoiler. :thumbup:

But is Your monitor G-sync or Free sync or none of them? And what GPU do you have?

None of them and GTX970. I'm on BENQ bl3200pt now.

Honestly I do not see a reason to run for G\F-sync. Screen-tearing is not the problem with v-sync enabled. (I don't care on tearing actually so sync is disabled for me)

All other G\F-sync "features" like "reduced lag, reduced blur, blah-blah-blah" easily bitten with 4ms (GTG) ‎monitor response time. Another advertised "feature" - wide-gamut actually only bring you more troubles with color management.

IMHO again.

Edited by Necroscope

Всех убью, один останусь!

None of them and GTX970. I'm on BENQ bl3200pt now.

Honestly I do not see a reason to run for G\F-sync. Screen-tearing is not the problem with v-sync enabled. (I don't care on tearing actually so sync is disabled for me)

All other G\F-sync "features" like "reduced lag, reduced blur, blah-blah-blah" easily bitten with 4ms (GTG) ‎monitor response time. Another advertised "feature" - wide-gamut actually only bring you more troubles with color management.

IMHO again.

Thank you very much for Your answer. That is all I wanted to know :)

You should have a look at Gsync before you turn it down.

Thing is, it is hard or next to impossible to describe the benefits it has with words alone.

I personally dont care too much for colors, 8bit or 10 bit, 99% Adobe or only 90%, it has to be SMOOOOTH and STUTTUTUUTTER FREE before ANYTHING else plays a role. Gsync simply delivers this.

When I bought my screen I bought it because of the resolution and Asus brand, not knowing what Gsync would be like. I got so impressed that I would defend my screen with a gun:gun_sniper:

It may be worth to save some more money and rethink Gsync, I am very confident you would like it, actually LOVE IT !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X