Late Night Musings

Nexus-6

No VF-84 for F-14B, but on the -A? Absolutely.

-103 will bear the skull and bones on the -B.

As for the idea in the OP; We're actually hoping to do this - but haven't approached any SMEs yet (IIRC). Ideally we'd like to put a former RIO in one VR rig side by side with a pilot. That would be super cool. :)

Those guys stole our mascot and livery, but I’m glad that they did! :smilewink: Squadron lineage goes back to VF17 in WWII.

Linking a RIO and pilot would be challenging and awesome.

Viewpoints are my own.

I'd be stunned if they didn't include a beautiful VF84 livery. I thought that I saw a still shot of a Bones bird in one of their press releases.

And I agree, there are fantastic members here, and what I see from Heatblur is impressive as well. They seem to be dedicated on getting the module right, and Jester is a big deal given the value and uniqueness of the RIO in the F14 platform. Even the old F4 allowed the pilot to see the raw radar display. Not so in the Tomcat.

I hope HB will approach you on doing something like that with the A-model!

No VF-84 for F-14B, but on the -A? Absolutely.

-103 will bear the skull and bones on the -B.

As for the idea in the OP; We're actually hoping to do this - but haven't approached any SMEs yet (IIRC). Ideally we'd like to put a former RIO in one VR rig side by side with a pilot. That would be super cool. :)

Yeah that's what i suspected given our B got LANTIRN. IIRC VF-84 was disestablished before LANTIRN reached the Fleet

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H