SU-27 radar nerfed

JunMcKill

It's me or the SU-27 and russian aircrafts radar was nerfed? since a few weeks ago, the radar lose contact with the targets at medium and short distance, you can see that is there by the datalink, but don't matter how you change the radar elevation and lateral angle, is almost impossible to regain the target in the radar.

All aspects, all speeds, all altitude!, told you, never happened before, since the target aircraft begin to maneuver, it dissapear from radar, and is very difficult to get a return again, even knowing via datalink where he is. Or maybe was that I was flying a J-11

I will try to prepare a test video to show what is happening.

This might not be a Su27 specific thing, but a FC3 aircraft failing. I have noticed that this also is happening in the F-15, where I have a contact hot in under 60nm not maneuvering suddenly vanish for 10-15 seconds just to show up still hot but closer. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that its lag related.

getting this aswell... hopefully their new code for f-18 radar didnt **** up fc3 radar lol

This might not be a Su27 specific thing, but a FC3 aircraft failing. I have noticed that this also is happening in the F-15, where I have a contact hot in under 60nm not maneuvering suddenly vanish for 10-15 seconds just to show up still hot but closer. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that its lag related.

IMHO, they nerfed the FC3 aircraft radars to balance with the new F-18 model, is not the first time they did it!

IMHO, they nerfed the FC3 aircraft radars to balance with the new F-18 model, is not the first time they did it!

They wouldn't need to though, since the F-18 actually sees contacts at further range than the Eagle, without being effected by jammers. Its not advantageous to nerf any aircraft in this way as it would't actually aid the hornet at the ranges I've noticed this happening at.

Actually, despite all the unfounded claims in the past - If they'd done that, it would have been the first time they had changed something 'for balance'.

It's more likely that as they change aspects of Radar modelling some of the improvements will need tweaking for the FC3 aircraft to account for the lack of some user system controls.

Cheers.

Maybe it has something to do with the PRF mode. I know that in the F-18C when in PRF mode interleave the target appears and re-appears from radar, as intended. Maybe the same thing is going on and that change was transferred to other radars as well?

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

No. PRF seems to make no difference. The only factor that I seem to be seeing is whether you are above or below the contact. Interstingly enough, if you are below--even only 500 or so meters (based on the F2 view)--he will dissapear as the range closes. If you are at equal or higher altitude, then you can track him all the way in until you're eyeball to eyeball. This is based on very limited testing, though.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

No. PRF seems to make no difference. The only factor that I seem to be seeing is whether you are above or below the contact. Interstingly enough, if you are below--even only 500 or so meters (based on the F2 view)--he will dissapear as the range closes. If you are at equal or higher altitude, then you can track him all the way in until you're eyeball to eyeball. This is based on very limited testing, though.

The same is happening to the russian aircrafts, whatever they say, we are the ones flying everyday, and we are not that dumb to not notice any change in the radar behavior.

I agree with Ironhand, is more noticed when there is a sustancial difference in altitude, and you are in the range between medium or close distance from the other aircraft. I have change the radar distance, the radar azimuth, everything, and it's almost impossible to receive any radar return.

Watch me recorded video today! I flying J 11A, same radar Su 27. Head on the radar no detect F18! 40 - 50km. F18 is a new F22 Raptor or bug?

Sorry bad english!

https://youtu.be/8V5bpWu7MWU?t=1162

The same I said in the 104th server chat days ago, they sold us a F-18 or a F-35? :megalol:

Nice video, and is what I was talking, you can't receive a radar return at this distance, even changing the radar azimuth up and down, at the end you have to select IRST and lock something in WVR range!, to the point that I have been shot down by Harriers, Viggen or A-10, planes that would never have dreamed of reaching that distance of an SU-27

Edited by JunMcKill

Watch me recorded video today! I flying J 11A, same radar Su 27. Head on the radar no detect F18! 40 - 50km. F18 is a new F22 Raptor or bug?

Sorry bad english!

https://youtu.be/8V5bpWu7MWU?t=1162

The bandit was clearly much higher than you as shown on Datalink but you never once elevated the radar up, instead you nosed up, I hope you don't think this makes your radar look up. :)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

FWIW, in the limited testing I’ve done, Im not losing the contact until within 10 or so kilometers. Have no issue until then.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

The bandit was clearly much higher than you as shown on Datalink but you never once elevated the radar up, instead you nosed up, I hope you don't think this makes your radar look up. :)

Indeed, but he raised the nose of the aircraft, it is the same for a medium-range target if you raise the azimuth of the radar. at one point, the target appeared on the HUD for a second (19:40) and disappeared again (about 26km away), then he wrongly started to lower the radar azimuth to -1 and -2 with a 10km range set in the radar in this case yes it's impossible to see anything.

Indeed, but he raised the nose of the aircraft, it is the same for a medium-range target if you raise the azimuth of the radar. at one point, the target appeared on the HUD for a second (19:40) and disappeared again (about 26km away), then he wrongly started to lower the radar azimuth to -1 and -2 with a 10km range set in the radar in this case yes it's impossible to see anything.

There’s nothing he did that caused the sudden radar return @ 25km. Since this was online, my money’s on warping. :)

Edited by Ironhand

_____

So I did spend a bit more time with this over the weekend comparing what happens with the current radar with what was happening much earlier in 2.5.0.15365. I could find no difference. Running the same tracks in both versions produced exacly the same results. Contacts disappeared or appeared at exactly the same moment.

These tests were done in SP. So it seems that, if something changed, it's not in the radar modeling per se. If this is happening in MP, then it has something to do with the interface of the two.

_____

• 1 month later...

Is this bug reported yet?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Which bug would this be? Warping, etc online?
Radar is obviously malfunctioning in MP.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5