MFG Crosswind Combat version

Next week! :) I bought a 3d printer in November but it was defective at first, then came holiday season and now it's January already.

But I did talk to a foundry already, let's hope this works out.

Great news! Fingers crossed. Thanks.

According to my recent email inquiry to him, Milan said he is planning to release the combat pedals later this year. I love my Crosswind but do prefer small size pedals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

According to my recent email inquiry to him, Milan said he is planning to release the combat pedals later this year. I love my Crosswind but do prefer small size pedals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to my August 2017 email exchange with him, he told me the same thing... ”They will be done by end of September 2017 and out by October or November 2017.” Plenty of others can share their stories of quoted timing that never materialized.

Take what he says as a grain of salt, until proven otherwise. Great guy, great pedals, but he’s lost a lot of stock from me over the gross mismanagement of the elusive combat style pedals over the last 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

MFG Crosswind Combat version

Too bad since I could’ve spent a little more and just get the Thrustmaster TPR. There is always 3d print option but it will end up being more expensive.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

According to my August 2017 email exchange with him, he told me the same thing... ”They will be done by end of September 2017 and out by October or November 2017.” Plenty of others can share their stories of quoted timing that never materialized.

Take what he says as a grain of salt, until proven otherwise. Great guy, great pedals, but he’s lost a lot of stock from me over the gross mismanagement of the elusive combat style pedals over the last 3 years.

I'm in total agreement with you on this one, he has produced a great product but has failed to meet several deadlines on the combat pedals upgrade. It would be nice it he would put some information on his current progress on his web page.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I'm in total agreement with you on this one, he has produced a great product but has failed to meet several deadlines on the combat pedals upgrade. It would be nice it he would put some information on his current progress on his web page.

Yeah Milan is a great guy , has a tremendous product with these pedals but at times I think he is overly optimistic on when he can produce these combat style pedals. I suspect between his business and the demand on the Crosswinds he stays very busy.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried cutting the bottom of their pedal off?:music_whistling: Seems like a simple way to have ones feet on floor.

My pedals should arrive soon so I still dont have them but I think you can get away with width adjustment plates. They have more holes for pedals so you can mount pedals higher than usual thus giving you an option for more steep angle and you should be allowed to use them in "combat style". Or....you can measure the holes (on which the pedals mount) and their distance and you can order some basic pedals/plates from any furniture maker (small business). It shouldnt cost much. It could be just a simple wooden plate with two holes for mount. Not a pretty but cheap solution.

Cutting the existing plates is also possible I guess...

They are here! I absolutely love them. Even more than my simped vario (regreted after I sold them long ago). They are very comfortable to use and very precise and they look great (now in gunmetal black). I ordered the width adjustment plates because I wanted them even more wider and to be able to mount footrests in more vertical position so I can use them with heels on the floor. And it works! It works very well (though its easier to return to the center with feets on the pedals). The pedals are very very precise and feel durable. Such customizable pedals doesnt exist anywhere else. The

funny part is that you dont need to mount them or velcro them because the heels are on the floor and thers no direct weight on them. Though in such position is a bit harder to use brakes but I dont care tbh.

Here is the pic with my "combat style" footrests mounted.

20190202-124215.jpg

20190202-122555.jpg

Edited by Tvrdi

They are here! I absolutely love them. Even more than my simped vario (regreted after I sold them long ago). They are very comfortable to use and very precise and they look great (now in gunmetal black). I ordered the width adjustment plates because I wanted them even more wider and to be able to mount footrests in more narrow position so I can use them with heels on the floor. And it works! It works very well. The pedale are very very precise and feel durable. Such customizable pedals doesnt exist anywhere else. The

funny part is that you dont need to mount them or velcro them because the heels are on the floor and thers no direct weight on them. Though in such position is a bit harder to use brakes but I dont care tbh.

Here is the pic with my "combat style" footrests mounted.

20190202-124215.jpg

20190202-122555.jpg

Nice! I also find them amazing! The spring for the brakes is nice and tight also which I love!

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

I must admit its a bit on the stiff side for me. Its pretty stiff even on the weakest setting but then again you cant press them accidentally. The main spring can be adjusted nicely and thers even an option to position the spring so you can have more progressive resistance towards the end of the defelction.

Now, all I need is a combat style footrests hehe

EDIT: I lowered the footrests/plates to the lowest point possible (mounted on the width adjustment plates). That way it is possible to position them even lower than without width adjustment plates. There is still more than 2cm of room towards the floor so no probs of using them with heels on the ground. Also adjusted the angle to 4mm before mark 44 (that would be angle of 40?). Ofcourse it would be still better with real combat footrests. For now Im using almost the lowest spring tension and non progressive resistance (inner position of the spring). I cant see the benefits of having stiff spring resistance unless the feets are on the footrests.

Edited by Tvrdi

Ok, I did a print last night. The whole thing took over 14h and overall it looks and feels really good. Sadly there are some layer shifts on the top, which make it impossible to mount it on the Crosswinds. Now I have to investigate where those come from... :wacko: I think I will give it another try this weekend, but with different slicer settings.

Anyway, here are some pictures.

IMG-20190208-030409.jpg IMG-20190208-155421.jpg IMG-20190208-155550.jpg IMG-20190208-162201.jpg IMG-20190208-162207.jpg IMG-20190208-162217.jpg

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

This is fantastic. :thumbup: Dont quit pls haha. I got my Corsswinds few days ago and cant wait for those combat footplates as its not comfortable to use existing with heels on the floor.

BTW I dont see holes for the crews.

Edited by Tvrdi

• 4 weeks later...

2bb18bdc7e83d99bb30148fb85100838.jpg

Here are mine 20 hours print each one they fit perfectly and feel great

What printer and settings did you use to get this beautiful print?

Congrats!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

• 6 months later...