New interview with Cobra

Jumbik

No there was no rumor of a chopper....:cry_2:

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the WW2 Corsair F4U is a carrier aircraft with folding wings..

:thumbup:

so those hints need to be re-evaluated? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hawkeye and BJ would be disappointed guys

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

The conceptualized mindset of the community is that it is the F-14, therefore according to Occam's razor, it must be ;)

Thanx for the grate interview!

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

OMG! F-14 would be fantastic. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

"Currently, however, all of our modules are fixed-wing."

:cry:

LOL you didn't quote the most important part which is in bold:

Nick: We're not against them, perhaps it's even probable that we will build one at some point. Currently, however, all of our modules are fixed-wing. ( well, kind of.. ;) )

"Sort of fixed" to mean is a pretty strong sign that it's a variable geometry wing plane. So either F-14, F-111, Su-17, Su-24, Tornado F3 etc etc

And any of those are fine with me! :D

OMG! F-14 would be fantastic. :D

I never said that the F-14 wasn't in progress too, I simply said that based on the HINTS the Corsair also fit the bill...

Quote:

Nick: We're not against them, perhaps it's even probable that we will build one at some point. Currently, however, all of our modules are fixed-wing. ( well, kind of.. wink.gif )

Personally, I am pretty convinced that F-14 is in the works along with the Corsair and Zero, but that is simply my hunch and nothing has been verified..

If I had to guess I would say we will see the Corsair FIRST and then possibly the F-14... Although an argument could be made that BOTH the WW2 fighters may be released first simply due to the complexity of the F-14...

And I for one do not care either way.. Day one buy for all three of them for me..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Surprised no one commented on this. Obvious Korea reference.

What comment is to be made? You are correct, it was an obvious Korea reference but not sure what that means in context this conversation? None of the planes mentioned had anything at all to do with Korea and we already have the Sabre and Mig 15..

I am not getting it..

??

RAMBO

What comment is to be made? You are correct, it was an obvious Korea reference but not sure what that means in context this conversation? None of the planes mentioned had anything at all to do with Korea and we already have the Sabre and Mig 15..

I am not getting it..

??

The F4U-4B/C/P, F4U-5N/NL and AU-1 Corsairs were used in Korea.:smilewink:

Edited by Vampyre
poor grammar

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Why is this always someone's first concern? :doh:

Because the interview said that they are shooting for a 2015 release for one of their modules.

That is why.

Better question is; why someone's first concern is always what other people's concers are!

If LN are building naval aircraft.................. I very much hope, that these will be acoompanied by a appropriate carrier!!!!!!

So people wish that LN makes a carrier, people wish that CoreTex makes a carrier and people expect ED to overhaul their carrier.

Soon we migh have more carriers than aircarft ...! :D

So people wish that LN makes a carrier, people wish that CoreTex makes a carrier and people expect ED to overhaul their carrier.

You have a point with that, but .................. maybe ED is too busy and certainly LN build quality!

Edited by wavn

Best regards, Willem

You forgot VEAO needing a range of carriers for planned modules too..

Digital Carrier Simulator is the future!

The F4U-4B/C/P, F4U-5N/NL and AU-1 Corsairs were used in Korea.:smilewink:

Well thank you for that tidbit as I was not aware of that fact.. Guess I forget just how soon after WW2 the Korean conflict started..

:thumbup:

RAMBO

I just thought of something that's kind of worrying (I hope Im wrong about this) with regards to the development of the F14 but indeed this should apply to any swing wing airframe in DCS.

AFAIK the advanced FM models in DCS all work with fixed drag coefficients in the entire flight envelope of a given aerofoil. Or put another way, each surface on a DCS airplane has a known range of vector forces in the entire flight envelope and these are then summed together on the fly for the entire aeroplane to reach a result net vector which results in a reasonably acurate aerodynamic simulation of the given airframe through the flight envelope.

With the F14 though, the variable geometry wings change position during flight (directed by the CADC) and can have a sweep anywhere from 20° to 68°. Each degree presents a different geometry wing with its own fixed drag coefficents.

How will Leatherneck solve this? This to me presents a significant and complex programming problem, I believe they have all the relevant data but it occurs to me it that the only way this could be in the current DCS engine is to model a complete FM for EVERY SINGLE WING configuration!!

Maybe, hopefully, those who are more knowledgable than me can comment on this. :)

In any case once they announce the variable geometry plane (whatever it turns out to be) maybe someone (Novak?) from LN will be able to clarify this a little bit.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I would assume that the flight model calculations rather than being a single fixed calculation would have an extra variable relating to the angle of the wing and would calculate accordingly... So you take the wing characteristics and calculate the results based on the angle.. Certainly different and more complex but not unsurmountable.. And I am sure LN are up to that task...

RAMBO

How is this different from modeling flaps on the 109?

I dont know. How many settings do the flaps positions have in the 109?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.