DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

Hi,

I'm playing Operation Piercing Fury campaign, with Mustang's latest terrain V1.18,

and I get some missing textures, on bunkers and command posts for example.

I suppose if it's original textures - it's not OPF's issue then.

Known issue??

Thanks!!

The version on the first page was updated several weeks ago to contain the fixed files for 2.5.4, you might still have an earlier version of 1.18 installed.

The version on the first page was updated several weeks ago to contain the fixed files for 2.5.4, you might still have an earlier version of 1.18 installed.

I have the latest version, but I will download again and report, Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

Hey i think its a file in the buildings zips... I meen the buildings_aut , buildings_spr , buildings_sum... the file is called : "grass_n_4.bmp.dds" check the file and correct name... in mustangs nice 1.20 version and before its a grey colored bitmap also for the FARP ground instance... you can copy the original or the missing into all the three buildings zips as mentinoned above...

Thanks,

But I would rather have this fix as part of a complete package, than to mess with it myself and trash something I don’t know about.

I’ll wait for Mustang’s fix...

Cheers

Edit: I will try again to delete the metashaders and fxo folders just to be sure, although I have done that already.

I’ll report.

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

Thanks,

But I would rather have this fix as part of a complete package, than to mess with it myself and trash something I don’t know about.

I’ll wait for Mustang’s fix...

Cheers

Edit: I will try again to delete the metashaders and fxo folders just to be sure, although I have done that already.

I’ll report.

There is nothing to fix, the package uploaded in the first post works for me and many others in 2.5.4, I'm not sure why you in particular have this problem.

well metashaders deletion did not work.

(I view the mission in the mission editor and see the missing textures when selecting the object on the map. saves me loading the mission for the test...).

I've checked the file names as Fureball suggested and saw differences in the original file names and the modded names, see attached link:

https://imgur.com/a/gI9HGJ4

also in the log I saw errors regarding those files:

ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'Grass_4-3.tga' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'

ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'Grass_n_4.bmp' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'

I'm trying to rename them now and see if it works (which I guess will...)

EDIT: renaming works...:)

what went wrong here then?? if the file names had to be re named, how did it work for everyone??

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

I noticed a missing FARP texture yesterday and after a redownload it fixed it.

Do you have any Antivirus running? Sometimes that can 'fix' files without you knowing.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I will save you some time. Use this set ron. ONLY FOR OPEN BETA.

The Release Version works perfect with Mustang´s pack.

https://mega.nz/#!9YwUnShZ!qriJ9oN-SHRf6NKoN0rnDve3LdrIhb6f49mwZEZxqbA

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I will save you some time. Use this set ron. ONLY FOR OPEN BETA.

The Release Version works perfect with Mustang´s pack.

https://mega.nz/#!9YwUnShZ!qriJ9oN-SHRf6NKoN0rnDve3LdrIhb6f49mwZEZxqbA

But I was flying in the release version already....

And the files you linked to are the same naming issue as within Mustangs files (no tga or bmp in the names)

Callsign   SETUP

Then i dont know what the problem is.

The last version of Mustang´s pack works for me, no issues, for the Release version.

For the Open Beta i need the pack i´ve linked. So im clueless. Sorry

Take in count the Open Beta has change for all texture files structure. Now for the OB all files are ONLY .dds ones. But the release, the actual release we have, still keeps the old bmp.dds or tga.dds. So the files working for the Release are not suited for OB and vicecersa.

If you are so kind, ty this set for Release and tell me how is going on.

https://mega.nz/#!JIY1hI7K!kI6pqKVp7wFYz-4ielL0u1f1sd0YMdrm6vcloxZTBc0

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Then i dont know what the problem is.

The last version of Mustang´s pack works for me, no issues, for the Release version.

For the Open Beta i need the pack i´ve linked. So im clueless. Sorry

Take in count the Open Beta has change for all texture files structure. Now for the OB all files are ONLY .dds ones. But the release, the actual release we have, still keeps the old bmp.dds or tga.dds. So the files working for the Release are not suited for OB and vicecersa.

If you are so kind, ty this set for Release and tell me how is going on.

https://mega.nz/#!JIY1hI7K!kI6pqKVp7wFYz-4ielL0u1f1sd0YMdrm6vcloxZTBc0

1. With your above link I have no missing textures (all tests were run in stable), so I guess I need the BMP and TGA extensions. but how come no one else needs them then??

2. The textures seems like the vanila textures now (at least on the bunkers.

Mustang's texture Grass_n_4.dds look like concrete, but this texture is now green.

what should be the correct look for Mustang? should a bunker look concrete or green??

Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

Green.

And:

Release still needs tga.dds or bmp.dds

Open Beta are ONLY .dds

In the Beta they are opening with no errors but the bunkers are in concrete, not Green!..

see attached pictures of the the bunkers and the grass_n_4.dds file from Mustang's latest V1.18 in link please

https://imgur.com/a/J8Xi6fI

in your first link and in Mustangs file this is the same concrete looking texture.

in your second link that same file texture is Green, like the vanila...

So... what is the answer here??

(cleaned and repaired and dropped all mods while testing, also cleaning the metashaders and fxo files every launch to be safe).

Thank you for the help here...

Callsign   SETUP

The file´s name is "grass" so the concrete finish is incoherent. XDDD

But i see what you are meaning now. I´m using Mustang´s textures from a long time so i´ve never seen the concrete finish. I really don like it, so you can choose what do you preffer, grass finish or concrete one. Just use the file you like most.

The issue for me is that the FARP finish without the mod are also concrete and for my taste i dont like it at all, thats why i´m using the grass finish for.

I hope now is more clear mate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The file´s name is "grass" so the concrete finish is incoherent. XDDD

But i see what you are meaning now. I´m using Mustang´s textures from a long time so i´ve never seen the concrete finish. I really don like it, so you can choose what do you preffer, grass finish or concrete one. Just use the file you like most.

The issue for me is that the FARP finish without the mod are also concrete and for my taste i dont like it at all, thats why i´m using the grass finish for.

I hope now is more clear mate.

I understand I can use green file for grass instead of the concrete looking like file,

I can mix and match files all day long and make my own custom mod eventually... :)

But I was really looking to see what was the original intentions of the mods author ,

and understand what went wrong (if at all now...besides the file extensions ) at my side.

also I see that this mod is only for Open Beta until it moves to release...

Thanks for your patience mate!

hope to get Mustangs view on this...

Cheers:thumbup:

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

• 3 weeks later...
Little thread bump, I have been using another set for my online use/streaming recently, if there is any interest I'll post a link up

whats your thought behind using a seperate set?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

whats your thought behind using a seperate set?

I dunno, I see imperfections in my earlier work that bothers me such as some repetition/tiling of the effects or some colour mismatch, so I'm always (sometimes obsessively) trying to create the perfect set, I really like these and wanted to know if others would like to try them.

Edited by Mustang

I dunno, I see imperfections in my earlier work that bothers me such as some repetition/tiling of the effects or some colour mismatch, so I'm always (sometimes obsessively) trying to create the perfect set, I really like these and wanted to know if others would like to try them.

ah ok, wasn't sure if you were using them because they were better for online streaming or something like you mentioned. i'm always down to try out a variety of mods i'd be stoked to download em

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Sure. Ill given a go sir!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle