[MOD] UH-1H Enabled Keys and Buttons

Holton181

Anyone that have used another MOD by me called "UH-1H Cargo view X.X" can scrap that and use this. It has the same content with some additions. Furthermore this one are more up to date.

DCSW 2.5.6.60966 (currently only OB):

(I did a mistake and deleted the one for latest Stabel without having a backup. Sorry for that...)

(removed the one for 2.5)

(similar MOD, but much less "worth the hassle", exist for the Mi-8 here)

Added for joystick:

'Toggle External Cargo Camera'

'Cargo View'

'Flashlight'

'TrackIR Aiming On/Off'

'Screenshot'

'Show Pilot Body'

'APX-72 Master Knob'

Added for keyboard:

'Toggle External Cargo Camera'

'Flashlight'

'APX-72 Master Knob'

'Toggle External Cargo Camera' is officially removed but still works

DCSW 1.5.7:

Added for joystick:

'Cargo View'

'Flashlight'

'TrackIR Aiming On/Off'

'Screenshot'

'Show Pilot Body'

'APX-72 Master Knob'

Added for keyboard:

'Flashlight'

'APX-72 Master Knob'

/Holton181

Edit

Forgot to mention it's OvGME ready

UH-1H Enabled Keys and Buttons 2.5.6.zip

UH-1H Enabled Keys and Buttons 1.5.7.zip

Edited by Holton181
  • Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hide the pilot using buttons
This is available as a keyboard command as default, I only made it possible to use a joystick button too, for anyone who want's that.

- Master Knob – STBY

Do you mean the Master knob on the AN/APX-72 Transponder Set in the upper left corner of the pedestal? That equipment isn't modeled according to the manual page 89. You can turn knobs and flip switches but they have no function. No assignments are possible I believe.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

Am missing my 'cargo view' in the Huey too...

Was directed to this site... downloaded the .zip file, but then what?

Where do I put the folder "UH-1H Enabled Keys and Buttons 2.5"?

Can I use JSGME for this?

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Can I use JSGME for this?

It's a long time I used JSGME, but I believe you can but maybe with some slight modifications. I don't know what though. The folder structure inside "UH-1H Enabled Keys and Buttons 2.5" is the same as in the main game folder.

I use OvGME myself and this MOD is ready to be used with that tool (I had forgotten to add that info in the OP)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Anyone that have used another MOD by me called "UH-1H Cargo view X.X" can scrap that and use this. It has the same content with some additions.

Oh man Thank you! Thank you so much !!!! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is available as a keyboard command as default, I only made it possible to use a joystick button too, for anyone who want's that.

It is? I couldn't find it. Searching IFF / knob / master / 72 ... yields nothing.

I know it isn't modeled and that you can flip switches with the mouse anyway. I desire a key binding because I loose clickable cockpit when I go full screen. I can only flip this switch in windowed mode.

Why do I want to flip it at all, considering it's non functional? To make the IFF warning light go out.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

It is? I couldn't find it. Searching IFF / knob / master / 72 ... yields nothing.

I know it isn't modeled and that you can flip switches with the mouse anyway. I desire a key binding because I loose clickable cockpit when I go full screen. I can only flip this switch in windowed mode.

Why do I want to flip it at all, considering it's non functional? To make the IFF warning light go out.

That is not generally experienced . You should prolly click the "confine mouse cursor" option in controls . Then you can run in full screen .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hide the pilot using buttons

I don't think I follow you here. You quoted me where I answered about the pilot body, but then you talked about IFF?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I thought you meant "Master Knob – STBY" was available as a keyboard binding but I could not find it. Upper right corner of IFF panel.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

^

That's the one, yes (that I seek a keyboard binding for).

Since it's mouse clickable it must exist internally. Maybe keys could be added by editing a lua file.

Ed/add:

I was thinking about this.

All the key bindings showing up in Adjust Control are defined in lua files. Never programmed this myself, but maybe the mouse command can be copied and used with a key instead.

Edited by -0303-

Holton could advise how to do it?
No, sorry I can't. If I could I would have done it the first time you requested it. But it might be possible, others have done similar things in other modules (i.e. the Viggen). I don't have much time to sit at the computer for a couple of months, but when I get it (and also remember this issue) I might look into it. But don't hold your breath.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Just a shame that we each other did not understand at the beginning of the first page of the topic.

It's not important, but if you find a solution we will be grateful thanks.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

If lua files could be edited for this, this would probably be how to do it. All the key bindings showing up in Adjust Control are defined in lua files. One would need to edit the "default.lua" file here.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input\UH-1H\joystick\default.lua

Some interface "device_commands.Button ..." for this would need to exist.

Something exists for IFF circuit breakers:

--Circuit breakers

{down = device_commands.Button_18, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE, value_down = 0.0, name = _('CB IFF APX 1'), category = _('Circuit breaker panel')},

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most likely wrong place but don't know were else to ask. Is there a flashlight for the Huey like in the F18 cant find the bind makes starting the Huey at night in VR imposable without one

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb