English Betty for all coalitions

STP Dragon

I simply don't understand why ED made an English cockpit, but then make the ekran, wingmen and tower speak Russian

Well, technically, ED didn't make an English cockpit. It was created by one of the testers as a mod and ED was nice enough to include it in the final product. Which also explains why there is no English cockpit in the flight manual.

Ahh, didn't even know it was an unofficial cockpit, my bad. I still think that as long ED offers a choice of cockpit language, it should also offer a choice of the language ekran uses. Makes it a bit more logical imho.

Edited by mikey

I've got 99 problems but my Ekran ain't one

@ blaster454: This was also my problem. The speech files are mixed. There are hundreds of soundfiles I had to reorder one by one by hand. In my point of view the work is to much for the result.

But if you want to reorder these hundreds of soundfiles, please do it and send it to me. I will add it to the mod. :P

@ blaster454: This was also my problem. The speech files are mixed. There are hundreds of soundfiles I had to reorder one by one by hand. In my point of view the work is to much for the result.

But if you want to reorder these hundreds of soundfiles, please do it and send it to me. I will add it to the mod. :P

blaster454: When you do this can you also do the radio assists voices? I have that on for single player ie. "missile 12 oclock low" etc.

Thanks ;)

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Like Blaster454's post alludes to:

I installed the english speech files and Modman 7.3.0.0 and it appeared that everything was back to english,,

but then I was flying a Mig out of a Russian airbase and the tower spoke to me in Russian..

What went wrong, I thought with the new English language files (from some kind modder who made them available..) that everything would now be in English only..

:doh:

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Flying a MiG? Wouldn't that mean you're using the FC2 program and not the DCS program? The directory of voice files is program-specific, no?

???

I don't understand your question.. I was in FC 2.0 flying a Mig-29 (there are only flyable Mig-29's in FC..).. and was on a Russian airbase talking to the tower through comms..

which still doesn't answer my question why the tower is still in Russian..

maybe this new English sound mod does not change the tower to English too, maybe it can't be changed, and cannot be fixed with a mod?

:huh:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

The English Betty Mod only changes the lnguage of Betty and Groundservice.

The Tower, Tanker, Wingman, Leader, AWACS etc. are still in russian because the soundfiles are admixed. It is a lot of work to sort these hundrets of files one by one by hand.

Is it possible to get back the english radio speech that we had prior to 1.0.2? ??? I understand ED is going for "deep emersion" but really, is it more realistic for me to pretend I am a highly trained pilot in a flying death machine where I cannot understand the words said to me (unless I take my eyes off the world and look at the caption at the top corner), or is it more realistic and emersive for me to have radio communication in my own language even tho that language would never be heard in that flying death machine in real life? I mean... the cockpit labels can be in english. I am surprised how much it bothers me, but it is a heavy damper on my enjoyment of the game. Was this an oversight? Or is this a change by intention?

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sorry beers, I'm not interested in SP so I will not have the time to handle this. Also I would need the english voice sounds to replace the russian one... and I don't have those.

The English Betty Mod only changes the lnguage of Betty and Groundservice.

The Tower, Tanker, Wingman, Leader, AWACS etc. are still in russian because the soundfiles are admixed. It is a lot of work to sort these hundrets of files one by one by hand.

can we find the English files from a previous version and swap them out?

:doh:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Thanks Dragon for thinking about it ... I suppose I will be learning a small bit of Russian... I would think new-users would find this a bit put-offish. I am hoping ED has some magic wand where they can make the entire language set an option. Remember, us Americans are better known for our indiscriminate spending than we are of bi-lingual skills.

Edited by beers
copy/paste garbage error

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Dragon for thinking about it ... I suppose I will be learning a small bit of Russian... I would think new-users would find this a bit put-offish. I am hoping ED has some magic wand where they can make the entire language set an option. Remember, us Americans are better known for our indiscriminate spending than we are of bi-lingual skills.

Amen! :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 2 weeks later...
I would think new-users would find this a bit put-offish. I am hoping ED has some magic wand where they can make the entire language set an option. Remember, us Americans are better known for our indiscriminate spending than we are of bi-lingual skills.

Im an old user and im finding it a bit go back to eech until the voice is fixed feelings. In multiplay at least you can choose blue to get english voice, but try and fly a single play campaign when you only have red. You wingman is useless unless you can go all Firefox and start thinking in Russian :joystick:

Thx for fixing the Betty anyway Dragon :)

Im an old user and im finding it a bit go back to eech until the voice is fixed feelings. In multiplay at least you can choose blue to get english voice, but try and fly a single play campaign when you only have red. You wingman is useless unless you can go all Firefox and start thinking in Russian :joystick:

If this is going to be policy, then we should have the same rules for A-10C, So Red side only hear english wingmen, then I think they maybe understand what they done...

Edited by BuzyBat

[sIGPIC]sigpic49498_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Here is a fix for the English Radio Comms:

If you go to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\localizer.cfg and change the following you can get English radio comms

Change this:

subtitlesByCountry = {

[country.RUSSIA] = language.RUSSIAN,

[country.UKRAINE] = language.RUSSIAN,

To this:

subtitlesByCountry = {

[country.RUSSIA] = language.ENGLISH,

[country.UKRAINE] = language.ENGLISH,

That worked for me.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Here is a fix for the English Radio Comms:

If you go to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\localizer.cfg and change the following you can get English radio comms

Change this:

subtitlesByCountry = {

[country.RUSSIA] = language.RUSSIAN,

[country.UKRAINE] = language.RUSSIAN,

To this:

subtitlesByCountry = {

[country.RUSSIA] = language.ENGLISH,

[country.UKRAINE] = language.ENGLISH,

That worked for me.

Your a champion Sabre :D

BTW I ended up editing some the langauge switches to english as well as the

[language.RUSSIAN] = "Sounds/l10n/USA/RadioSpeech.lua", edited to USA.

All fixed :)

• 7 months later...