Dragon's version of the Sharkpit

STP Dragon

Hi, Dragon. No, I have no other mods installed ... I did a clean install of BS then loaded the 1.01 patch and backed up all the DCS:BS folders to my archive drive. Modman was the only "mod" to the KA50 folders and it just created it's default backup files in the "Modman - Do Not Remove" folder.

When I installed your mod via Modman, there was a warning about not modifying certain files (the cockpit cdds files I think) but I let it go ahead and finish the install since I knew I had an emergency restore available.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Do you really need to use modman to replace 3 files? Maybe your problem has something to do with modman... :noexpression:

Hi, Cyborg. You may be right. And no, I don't need to use Modman to just replace three files but I think it's good discipline to use it for all mods to keep from losing track of which files get changed. Considering that the Sharkpit mod (mods, now) was Modman-compatible, I saw no problem using it to install and control the mod.

I'll have to do some research and playing with files.

Thanks for the help, guys !S!

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Mod is including both cockpit-languages.

Both languages have seperat textures. (looking similar expect the letters)

Also my selfmade UGN-B sign on the rear panel (right) is written in both languages.

My russian girlfriend supports me by the translate into cyrillic. :)

So it depends on your settings in the options which language you will have.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Hmmm, Russian girl friend, me thinks about Tatiana Grigorieva :)

oops sorry, a short laps in concentration, its ok now im thinking about beer again ;)

• 2 weeks later...
The Mod is including both cockpit-languages.

Both languages have seperat textures. (looking similar expect the letters)

Also my selfmade UGN-B sign on the rear panel (right) is written in both languages.

So it depends on your settings in the options which language you will have.

Thank you for this awesome mod, but as you said above, I change cockpit language option to English but still get no English cockpit, only Russian, do you know why ? I removed all mod previous and using Modman 7.

:helpsmilie:

This mod is not compatible with other cockpit-mods. Maybe you have installed an other and overwrite your original files... I don't know.

You should uninstall DCS and install it again... something is wrong with it.

If you have switched to english mode in the game options, installed the mod correctly (there is a message before installation) and not installed other cockpit-mods, I can't help you, sorry...

But one question:

What exactly is cyrillic in your cockpit? Please make screenshots.

What language is the UGM-B signe in your right back?

• 1 month later...
Could anything be done to remove the dirty glass effect?

Someone asked that already, the answer was:

The dirty window is located in the KA-50 WINDOWS.TGA in Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.cdds

Open Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.cdds with the CDDS-Explorer of Modman and import the original KA-50 WINDOWS.TGA which you can find in the backup folder of modman.

• 1 month later...

"Open Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.cdds with the CDDS-Explorer of Modman and import the original KA-50 WINDOWS.TGA which you can find in the backup folder of modman"

Dragon how do I import the original tga, I tried with CDDS but never used it before so I am sceptical about doing anything that might mess it up, could you post the steps maybe? I simply want to have clean windows, thanks mate.

- Uninstall the Sharkpit-mod (If you have installed it already)

- Start the CDDS-Explorer (Button in the Modman-Start-Menu)

- Open the Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.cdds . You can find it in the folder: \Bazar\World

- Set the hook in KA-50 WINDOWS.TGA and click to Extract.

- Choose a path you want to save the file.

Now you have extracted the original clean window.

- Install the Sharkpit mod now.

- Start the CDDS-Explorer.

- Open the Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.cdds of the sharkpit-mod in the same folder like before.

- Set the hook in KA-50 WINDOWS.TGA and click to Import

- Choose the file you exported before.

Now you have imported the original clean window into the mod.

Be warned: If you will uninstall and install the mod again the dirty window is there again.