VR interaction with cockpit

dureiken

Hi guys and experts !

I just bought a HP reverb and I would like to know how you interact with cockpit ?

I had a CV1 and Vive and my problem was to click on MFD, UFC and cockpit with the mouse.

I also have a touchscreen and MFD for BMS :

2b865007185d8f3b93cb3adb07438126ec833be5.jpg

Could I use MFD and ICP with the Reverb on my eyes ? do you have some tricks to do that ?

Thanks !

I'm a big proponent of point control. +Voice attack

Prior to that I used 2 mice next to my HOTAS.

Alot of folks also like a track ball attached to the thigh.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What?..surgically?

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

I use Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro.

And a combination at times of either my mouse and/or the buttons I have assigned to my HOTAS in UI Layer for mouse control.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi guys and experts !

I just bought a HP reverb and I would like to know how you interact with cockpit ?

I had a CV1 and Vive and my problem was to click on MFD, UFC and cockpit with the mouse.

Could I use MFD and ICP with the Reverb on my eyes ? do you have some tricks to do that ?

Thanks !

Tell me more about that mounting system for your thrust master Hotas and stick.

Thanks for all your answers.

I will try with MFD and mouse, and maybe further PointCtrl but I think I need physic contact.

@raised : https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/joystick-hotas-table-mount/

a little bit expensive but really cool to mount/dismount quickly. You can also made it yourself

Thanks!

Is this stable? Ive read about other mounting systems and there appears to be some movement with them. With the TM Warthog setup and its mass, just wondering.

Thanks!

Is this stable? Ive read about other mounting systems and there appears to be some movement with them. With the TM Warthog setup and its mass, just wondering.

I use foxx mounts which are more or less the same thing. And yes provided your desk is solid they are very stable.

I use 3 different stick setups on these and 2 different throttles, so I can setup each aircraft as close as I can to real life. Its generally quite immersive in VR, especially when coupled with point-control finger trackers.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What?..surgically?

I mean we are headed that way, I can't wait to plug into the matrix myself, I mean I get to eat steak right? Plus we get to revisit all that philosophy of objectivity, metaphysics, and epistemology and how a "matrix" type VR would mess with all that.

giphy.gif

Edited by Harlikwin

Nothing sadder than a joke that fell flat.

I'm a big boy..I can take it...:)

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

I'm a big boy..I can take it...:)

:thumbup:

giphy.gif

I have a vehicle seat with positional arm rests. There is a Microsoft Intellipoint trackball mouse mounted to the right armrest and a Cybersniper gamepad mounted to the left. There is also a Logitech T650 trackpad mounted forward of the throttle within reach of my fingers when at full throttle. It's mapped for 1, 2, and 3 finger tracking so I can execute any mouse or scroll wheel command needed.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

I thought I had one on my phone but I don't. I'll post a couple when I get home.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Hi guys and experts !

Thanks !

I would get rid of the second monitor, and buy the MFD supports from Monstertech, that way they are side to side of the joy center, and very similar to the real thing.

Then buy some cheap silicon adhesive pads, they are usually rounded and used for protecting furniture. Place one sticky pad on each center button so it helps your orientation.

Then look for some custom or DIY solution to place to ICP and more sticky pads on fundamental keys to , again, help. For instance, "5" key. Some others with distinctive features or shapes will be easy to "read" within VR.

Check my signature, I have no problem flying VR with 3 MFDs and a UFC.

I also have a trackball by my right thigh, however placing it over your left side is better, I dislike leaving my joy.

I also have Voice Attack but had some issues setting it up.

By the way, could you share some info regarding your ICP?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Pics as requested.