How to avoid the f-14 aircraft entering the stall and spiral?

huchanronaa

Easy, try not to pull more than 17 units AoA. Don't enter a vertical loop when already low on energy (less than 200 KIAS). Quit when you see you're not gonna make it and turn back down to accelerate. Look at speed gauge more until you feel it.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

How to avoid the f-14 aircraft entering the stall and spiral

Because f-14 has no fly by wire, this is a problem that has bothered me for a while.

It seems that the speed is too low and it will get out of control.

Copious amounts of rudder.

Just mash the pedal in the opposite direction of the incipient spin. Do not use aileron to attempt correcting roll. Get the nose pointed into the A/C's velocity vector (No, not the HUD indicator but where your aircraft is moving to, or where it was going before departure, so you can re-establish laminar airflow again. Surfaces inducing local lift forces like ailerons or the elevons do not help your situation. Keep them neutral as much as possible), eventually settling in a shallow dive, or above the horizon enough to keep you out of the dirt. Be ready to catch your nose with the rudder again as it swings through this point you are aiming for. Once the shaking stops, continue on with what you were doing. But keep you movements smooth. That keeps your boundary layer intact and your plane in the air.

Now personally I also mash my throttles into full AB if they weren't already, in a turning fight. But this is prior to entering a developed spin which is what you were asking for. Post departure the rules change. Victory wrote the guide on recovery so when he is ready to release it again, you can read up on it. Bottom-line is to not enter the spin in the first place.

TO continue from the above on rudder. Use the rudder to roll the airplane at high alpha. Don’t go from max to max rudder use smooth inputs. Go up and practice really slow flight at high AOA and get a feel for how she rolls in response to rudder.

AOA: Angle of attack which is the angle that your wing is running into the air stream put simply.

KIAS: knots indicated airspeed what you airspeed indicator reads.

Of course there is a lot more in-depth definitions of the above if you want to read about them and how flight is affected.

Edited by grant977

EXCUSE ME!WHAT IS AOA AND KIAS?

AoA - Angle of Attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_attack

Check it here:

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/cockpit.html#angle-of-attack-indicator

btw: high alpha means high AoA - usually over 10-15 units

KIAS - Knots of Indicated Air Speed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspeed#Indicated_airspeed

Check it here:

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/cockpit.html#airspeed-mach-indicator

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

TO continue from the above on rudder. Use the rudder to roll the airplane at high alpha. Don’t go from max to max rudder use smooth inputs. Go up and practice really slow flight at high AOA and get a feel for how she rolls in response to rudder.

AOA: Angle of attack which is the angle that your wing is running into the air stream put simply.

KIAS: knots indicated airspeed what you airspeed indicator reads.

Of course there is a lot more in-depth definitions of the above if you want to read about them and how flight is affected.

In normal flight yes. By all means go practice. But he specifically asked how to avoid entering a stall and spin, and my instruction is based on countering those few seconds as the spin develops, where there is no time to feel out the response. My apologies for not clarifying that.

Do not confuse the AoA for degrees over units in the Tomcat. Avoid making full bilateral stick inputs with excessive full-back force, as that will cause the separation of airflow trailing above the aircraft to strike the stabilizers causing a separation barrier. As side-slip starts to become more induced, move the stick in opposite lateral directions to counteract the slip.

So there's your fancy answer for avoiding the spin of incoming death and doom. An easier way to explain it is this:

Don't pull your stick full-back and push it left or right. When your aircraft starts to wobble left and right the more AoA units you get, move the stick in the opposite direction of where you wobble. Moving your stick into that wobble will help it get into a spin.