Tacan stops broadcasting in multiplayer after a player disconects

Rolds

The track file is 17mb and therefore too large to upload so I'm left just describing it. I believe the player was set up to T/R with the tacan when he left but can't ask him right now. At that points the Stennis which was boardcasting tacan and ICLS stopped broadcasting both (I was receiving both on final approach when both went down at the same time as the other player left the server.

Played today on 2.5.5.33552

• 2 months later...

UP of this post.

TACAN on the Stennis still stop transmitting after some time in MP. Which is fairly boring for CASE I, II, III pattern.

Any news from ED ??? :huh:

Edited by Pâte

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi,

we have a tacan bug where it stops broadcasting after while.

it is reported but I can not give a timeline on a fix sorry.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Is there a way to get the dev team to prioritize this issue?

I know there are lots and lots of things to do for ED devs, but this issue is not only an immersion breaker.

With lots of squadrons worldwide simulating realistic sorties, this TACAN and ICLS issue is a complete mission breaker.

In our team we have 25 pilots flying only from/to carriers, for realism sake we have no F10 map visible. So when we go out on a looong mission deep in enemy territory, we come back for our briefed Signal Charlie time only to find out we have no TACAN signal or ICLS, which means we can't find the ship.

Combined with the fact we need to spawn 7 carriers in order to have all pilots spawn without massive explosions on the deck, trying to find that 1 carrier that we actually can use for landing with all pilots, proves to be major issue and it's totally breaking the realism factor.

Would it be possible for BigNewy to address this to ED?

I'm sure numerous pilots and teams worldwide would be extremely grateful!

Thank you for reading and hopefully replying.

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

• ED Team
Hello,

Is there a way to get the dev team to prioritize this issue?

I know there are lots and lots of things to do for ED devs, but this issue is not only an immersion breaker.

With lots of squadrons worldwide simulating realistic sorties, this TACAN and ICLS issue is a complete mission breaker.

In our team we have 25 pilots flying only from/to carriers, for realism sake we have no F10 map visible. So when we go out on a looong mission deep in enemy territory, we come back for our briefed Signal Charlie time only to find out we have no TACAN signal or ICLS, which means we can't find the ship.

Combined with the fact we need to spawn 7 carriers in order to have all pilots spawn without massive explosions on the deck, trying to find that 1 carrier that we actually can use for landing with all pilots, proves to be major issue and it's totally breaking the realism factor.

Would it be possible for BigNewy to address this to ED?

I'm sure numerous pilots and teams worldwide would be extremely grateful!

Thank you for reading and hopefully replying.

Hi

as mentioned I have reported this to the team, and it has been set an appropriate priority but I can not say when this issue will be addressed sorry.

I will ask the team but can not promise anything

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is the 'tacan stops broadcasting' and 'just switch your tacan reciever off/on again when it does', the same bug? Ive run into a stopped tacan many times, but just cycle my receiver off/on, and I receive again. I have yet to run into a tacan that I cant receive though, like not being able to pick up Stennis for example - even in MP (coop stuff).

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• ED Team
Is the 'tacan stops broadcasting' and 'just switch your tacan reciever off/on again when it does', the same bug? Ive run into a stopped tacan many times, but just cycle my receiver off/on, and I receive again. I have yet to run into a tacan that I cant receive though, like not being able to pick up Stennis for example - even in MP (coop stuff).

I believe this issue is related to the TACAN range issue, it also stops broadcasting after a long period.

It is difficult to reproduce but I have reported it to the team.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested, a workaround is to set a switched condition with flags so the TACAN is activated periodically every "x" minutes (I set it to 5 mins)

When you are flying you won't notice anything but the slightest of glitches on the TACAN signal when it activates again. Better than not having it for sure.

Same can be done with FM and AM radio beacons and ICLS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
The TCN disappears on us when someone quits to desktop. Since we started only exiting by going back to spectator and exiting at that point the TCN has not disappeared.

Interesting, will take a look into that.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
The TCN disappears on us when someone quits to desktop. Since we started only exiting by going back to spectator and exiting at that point the TCN has not disappeared.

I'm investigating if I can see some patterns. Trying to force the TCN to die by doing this, but I can't get it to "work". Have tried quit to desktop with both Hornet and Tomcat, cold started and airborne, local server and dedicated server, but TCN on the boat doesn't die. Do you have a solid way of reproducing the bug through Quit To Desktop? If so, it would be very cool if you could describe the steps.

This bug is very frustrating. TCN dies for us in around 60% of our multiplayer missions, and it completely screws up all case 3 scenarios. Bignewy, please do what you can to up the priority on it if possible.

• 6 months later...