Pls remove data cartridge insertion from autostart (NOT A BUG)

DarkStar79

Pls remove the Data cartridge insertion from autostart sequence. Its not useful in multiplayer. Cause you always have to remove it, and insert it anyway cause you are reloading different weapons and such all the time.

Definitely no~! This is a flight simulation. The more realistic the better.

The weapon data is stored on the cartridge and AFAIK there is one data selection key labeled SMS which is that. Did you just rearm or change the loadout? I would guess if you only rearm, the data could be the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No autostart, no problems.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

It sounds like a lot people are misinterpreting what the OP is asking for. He's not asking to get rid of the DTC handling — he's saying that it doesn't help the player that the autostart script includes the DTC insert because the player will have to do that step manually regardless, and having the script run that step just means the player has to fiddle with the cart even more for no real good reason.

Thus: leave it loading out of the script and just let the player deal with that step (because they have to deal with it anyway).

Definitely no~! This is a flight simulation. The more realistic the better.

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? If anything, what he's asking for is already more realistic…

You have to remove the cartridge and insert it again if you load different weapons? I mean that is absolutly logical in regards to real life as you would have to rewrite the cartridge with the new data on some computer terminal, but in DCS I have not noticed any problems if you keep it inserted all the time while changing weapons? Are weapon data even stored on the cartridge or are loadout settings entirely managed by outboard switches set through the ground crew?

It's a bit of both, it seems. You can get away with leaving the cartridge in if you're just changing the number of weapons or just reloading the exact same setup — in that scenario you can go into the SMS LOAD page and simply adjust the number of stores loaded on each pylon. If you change loadout, however, you generally want to rewrite and reload the DTC content to have it all work properly (doubly so while the SMS LOAD page is slightly bugged and doesn't allow you to set up a couple of the weapons available). If/when it's all done and all the bugs ironed out, you'll probably be able to do it all manually from the LOAD page, but that's a huge faff compared to letting the ground crew set it up for you.

So yes and no: you can certainly leave the DTC in while weapons are being loaded, but you'll need to eject it, update it, and then re-insert/reload it when the rearming is done.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

It sounds like a lot people are misinterpreting what the OP is asking for. He's not asking to get rid of the DTC handling — he's saying that it doesn't help the player that the autostart script includes the DTC insert because the player will have to do that step manually regardless, and having the script run that step just means the player has to fiddle with the cart even more for no real good reason.

Thus: leave it loading out of the script and just let the player deal with that step (because they have to deal with it anyway).

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? If anything, what he's asking for is already more realistic…

It's a bit of both, it seems. You can get away with leaving the cartridge in if you're just changing the number of weapons or just reloading the exact same setup — in that scenario you can go into the SMS LOAD page and simply adjust the number of stores loaded on each pylon. If you change loadout, however, you generally want to rewrite and reload the DTC content to have it all work properly (doubly so while the SMS LOAD page is slightly bugged and doesn't allow you to set up a couple of the weapons available). If/when it's all done and all the bugs ironed out, you'll probably be able to do it all manually from the LOAD page, but that's a huge faff compared to letting the ground crew set it up for you.

So yes and no: you can certainly leave the DTC in while weapons are being loaded, but you'll need to eject it, update it, and then re-insert/reload it when the rearming is done.

Thats right! Im just talking about remving the DTC loading on the Autostart script. Its just causing you to do one more extra step tbh, to remove it again and then insert it..

You have to remove the cartridge and insert it again if you load different weapons? I mean that is absolutly logical in regards to real life as you would have to rewrite the cartridge with the new data on some computer terminal, but in DCS I have not noticed any problems if you keep it inserted all the time while changing weapons? Are weapon data even stored on the cartridge or are loadout settings entirely managed by outboard switches set through the ground crew?

So you are saying that you have been rearming different weapon and it worked without update DTC and insert a new one?

Always when i change weapons i have to remove the cartridge update the DTC and then insert a new one and then load it into the aircraft.

Unless they’re in SP or want to use the weapons they are given. If you were someone who knew nothing about it and bought it on a whim and fire up an instant action mission, how is leaving the DTC out going to help them? It’s not auto start and choose your weapons, it’s just auto start. You also need the DTC for waypoints. How is someone who just bought the module supposed to know the DTC is not involved in auto start.

As someone with the skill to not only fly on MP combat servers but also able to change your own weapons, it should be the easiest thing in the word to press eject update and re insert. I don’t see how an incomplete auto start is going to help people that are using auto start because they expect it to automatically start the plane to a flyable state and have waypoints.

You use auto start OP so I hope you can sympathize with others that use the same feature, even if it’s for slightly different reasons. To be blunt it might help your particular play style in getting you in the air marginally faster, but it will not help everyone(and probably only help a small minority of players, probably the select few who autostart in MP and want to pick their weapons and know the auto start does not include DTC) and if this happened we would probably have lots of threads asking to put it back in because the planes cannot use weapons or have waypoints without it

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Omg, my bad guys, I thought I'm in the Viggen forum... :doh:

Please disregard my previous comment, which I have now deleted to prevent further confusion. Sorry!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Unless they’re in SP or want to use the weapons they are given. If you were someone who knew nothing about it and bought it on a whim and fire up an instant action mission, how is leaving the DTC out going to help them?

If they did that, they'd be in a hot-start mission and they'd have to deal with loading the DTC. Then, if they noticed that the airplane was unarmed and didn't understand why when there's obviously stuff hanging from the pylons, they'd check the manual and read about loading stuff from the DTC.

Hot start, cold start, any kind of ground start — it's all the same. The Jeff is, quite simply, the “you have to deal with the DTC” plane.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Do we need to add an special option: toggle Install DTC in hot ground/autostart?

we don't have too much space in special option page ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Do we need to add an special option: toggle Install DTC in hot ground/autostart?

we don't have too much space in special option page ;)

Nah. No need. It's no different from the many post-startup checks and settings you need to do in just about all other aircraft. In the JF-17, it's the DTC and it's still shockingly painless compared to, say, the Mi-8. The OP's idea of just consistently leaving it in the same non-injected state in all ground starts makes more sense for consistency.

Perhaps try choosing your weapons, THEN hitting autostart and asking the ground crew to update the cartridge as soon as they have finished rearming the aircraft (but before the auto start inserts the cartridge).

The edge case here is you are wanting to significantly change the fuel load.