Aircraft performance after update to 2.5.5.40603 Open Beta

TOViper

Hi folks,

During a recent test flight having a toy on my wing (was an F-18 8) ) he only saw my ass when I accelerated ...

After a while I was flying at 20.000 feet, at nearly M1.3 ... WITH MIL POWER!

Was this possible with the real cat? Weather was at ISA minus 15.

I was a bit surprised and thought ... WOW!

Here is a pic which shows M1.4@ISA-17

Screen_191207_225552.thumb.png.03b277c25d664b0fe165cabd453a5d73.png

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Yeah, more tweaking is necessary. I tune the high end of the thrust range based on the only performance data we have (which sadly does not include a clean configuration, and is only for two power settings, MIL and max AB), so a change in stores drag requires re-checking both the MIL and MAX AB thrust/top speed ranges since the stores drag is baked into the total aircraft drag in this situation. It's fairly time consuming, hoping to get it done before the holiday break. I've already started adjusting the AB against the 4xAIM7 and 4xAIM9 loadout (the cleanest configuration we have).

Edited by fat creason

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Yeah, more tweaking is necessary. I tune the high end of the thrust range based on the only performance data we have (which sadly does not include a clean configuration, and is only for two power settings, MIL and max AB), so a change in stores drag requires re-checking both the MIL and MAX AB thrust/top speed ranges since the stores drag is baked into the total aircraft drag in this situation. It's fairly time consuming, hoping to get it done before the holiday break. I've already started adjusting the AB against the 4xAIM7 and 4xAIM9 loadout (the cleanest configuration we have).

According to the obvious lack of data this all appears as a difficult task, and I hope you can manage to disassemble all drag data from engine performance with some good and "healthy" assumptions. I wish I could help you out with some calculations, but unfortunately I am not working at HB :huh: thus I have no idea of the drag- and engine thrust model currently used. But I am sure you find your way through the jungle. Good luck! :joystick:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I do remember reading somewhere that with something like half-fuel it had a better than 1:1 dry thrust ratio and actually capable of super cruising with the F-110-GE-400s. (Not the Super 21)

It can supercruise in a clean config around 25k, and should otherwise be very near sonic speeds from sea level all the way to 35k at MIL.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations