[Resolved] Steam keys and DCS 1.5

BROKKOLI

Hello 2 all

I have several products that I purchased on Steam, like FC3, A10C, Mig21bis, however now I do not use Steam, instead I use DCS site to buy modules from. So I now have a non-steam DCS world installed.

Now, to use Steam-keys in DCSW, I need to download respective module installers, and then enter a product key there.

But it was so until 1.5 version arrived, and now I no longer have the option to download the installer. I can install, say, Mig21bis only via Module manager, but in Modul manager it says "Buy". Do they mean I have to buy it one more time?

What can we do in this situation?

_____

In other words: I have a valid license key for Mig21bis which I purchased in Steam a long time ago (upon this module release), how can I activate it now in DCS 1.5?

Edited by BROKKOLI

Have you registered those serial keys on ED website already ?

That you must do with Steam keys to use them in the standalone version.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

UPDATE

Answer found.. For those who are interested: you log in into your DCS account (not forum account), go to "Profile" section. There's an option to check a key, it's below personal info, balance and subscription to newsletters. You enter your steam key there, it's recognized and then you get an option to bind this key to your DCS account. You do that and then in game you can go to Modules and this module will be avaliable for you

Have you registered those serial keys on ED website already ?

That you must do with Steam keys to use them in the standalone version.

True, this is what needed to be done. I didnt know this since I used to install modules via running respective installers, in 1.2..

• 3 months later...
UPDATE

Answer found.. For those who are interested: you log in into your DCS account (not forum account), go to "Profile" section. There's an option to check a key, it's below personal info, balance and subscription to newsletters. You enter your steam key there, it's recognized and then you get an option to bind this key to your DCS account. You do that and then in game you can go to Modules and this module will be avaliable for you

And can you still run the module in Steam if you want?