[REPORTED] CANNOT FIRE - Training mission "AIM-9L and M......"

SDsc0rch

ran the training mission - can't seem to fire off a missile

i restarted target - ran the event tester - the HOTAS is generating the keystrokes

in the mission cannot fire from hotas or keyboard command (spacebar)

before the guy talks, i accidentally fired off a missile

so it seems like something happens before they guy starts talking - its like the fire command is suppressed

the game recognizes other keystrokes from the kybd/hotas - just not the FIRE MISSILE command (trigger)

recorded a quick video here -

(( please excuse the in-the-moment comments - i was actually going to video the launching of the missile just for fun : ) like when real world pilots get GoPro shots - but it didnt' work and i kept the recording to show you guys ))

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ran the training mission - can't seem to fire off a missile

i restarted target - ran the event tester - the HOTAS is generating the keystrokes

in the mission cannot fire from hotas or keyboard command (spacebar)

before the guy talks, i accidentally fired off a missile

so it seems like something happens before they guy starts talking - its like the fire command is suppressed

the game recognizes other keystrokes from the kybd/hotas - just not the FIRE MISSILE command (trigger)

recorded a quick video here -

(( please excuse the in-the-moment comments - i was actually going to video the launching of the missile just for fun : ) like when real world pilots get GoPro shots - but it didnt' work and i kept the recording to show you guys ))

Same here. Cannot fire gun or weapons . Saitek x52 with programmed buttons using logitech programming. When out of training missions all fire buttons work fine. When in training lesson the throttle and stick axis works but not weapons buttons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

huh. I went and tried to reproduce this error, but my winders came off the rails just perfectly. Of course I shot down both migs and that b0rked the mission. Perhaps the script should have called me out for being trigger happy and told me to ctrl-R lol.

Warthog stick. I think it's in how your stick is setup. Do you use an external utility to program the stick? Making it send [spacebar] when you pull the trigger? Perhaps it would be good to have it send [joystick button 1] instead...

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

i use TM's TARGET software (as i described in my original post) - and while the HOTAS wasn't working, i picked up the physical keyboard (as i described in my original post) and hit the physical spacebar

repeatedly

i don't know what else i'm supposed to do.......

i got out of the sim, closed TARGET and restarted, got back in, FIRED ONE MISSILE (as i described in my original post) accidentally before the lesson (voiceover) actually started

its all in my original post

as i described it

originally

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I was able to partial reproduce, the space bar wouldn't fire a missile, but the Trigger (button 1) on my Warthog fired it just fine. In instant action, it works fine. I am guessing something in training is blocking the spacebar, so I will report that. Thanks!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Just ran the training lesson Aim9L/M got the same results as original post. Before the instructor starts talking I could fire a missle. Once the lesson is unpaused cannot fire with stick or spacebar. When in instant action "AAGun & Aim 9L/M Practice" Splash 3 bandits no problem all buttons working. Also in the training mission all other buttons work fine (flaps/gear/hook/throttle/all axis/ etc etc) just not able to fire. I use a Saitek X52 with Logitech programming software that loads a profile for the F18 that works fine in all aspects of the game except the new training lessons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

This is what I have with latest Open Beta version

This is what I have for F-18 training missions which appear to match what's out there on YouTube. I have the latest OpenBeta installed. If you don't have the same then you probably have installed the Stable version of DCS. Check your version in the lower right corner of the DCS main page.

f18trainingmissions.thumb.png.395463c1fe993fe9e52bab16b18f7988.png

Edited by gorgar0

Is it just me or is the trigger broken in training? I have it bound to space and it advances the training text but I can't shoot.

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

Is it just me or is the trigger broken in training? I have it bound to space and it advances the training text but I can't shoot.

Not just you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226369

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals