TOO1 vs TOO2

Nagilem

So I am working to use TGP and JDAM or JSOW in TOO mode. I can target very consistently with TOO1 and get both JDAM and JSOW to hit.

What I am struggling a bit with is how to use TOO2... Can I target 2 targets with TOO1 and TOO2? So far, I target something with the pod and TDC depress, but that changes the GPS coordinates for both TOO 1 and 2. I haven't been able to make those separate into to different coords...

Is this WIP? Or am I missing something?

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

TOO uses one TGT point. TOO1 and TOO2 are just for you to be able to enter separate terminal flight and offset parameters.

EDIT: wrong. See what Santi said:

You can have different TOO1 and 2 if you undesignate before switching between them (so that it doesn't get overwritten with the current designation).

Edited by Jak525

Going off what’s available out there, that’s not correct.
I'm pretty sure the Hornet avionics is designed to only have one A/G TGT designated at once, just like the Sensor Point of Interest (SPI) in the A-10C. TOO uses the TGT as its target for the bombs, unlike PP which runs entirely independent of the TGT designation.

You're saying TOO1 and TOO2 should be able to have completely separate targets? How would you go about this?

I'm pretty sure the Hornet avionics is designed to only have one A/G TGT designated at once, just like the Sensor Point of Interest (SPI) in the A-10C. TOO uses the TGT as its target for the bombs, unlike PP which runs entirely independent of the TGT designation.

You're saying TOO1 and TOO2 should be able to have completely separate targets? How would you go about this?

They should. You should be able to store two separate TOO DMPIs to each bomb. Haven’t tested, but appears Santi has.

Are the functions correct as it stands now...dunno

Tried it tonight and only one jsow tracked. The other one ditched way early. Also had issues pushing too targets to pp mode. Must use step or all programs go to one jsow and no others.

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs