F-5E-3 Pitch Trim Bug?

Speedbrake

Anyone else having a problem with nose up/down pitch trim? I have the most current beta update (also had this problem on the last update). The simulation doesn't seem to register my stick trim commands. I've reset them a couple of times. In this latest update on the controls setup screen the nose up and nose down pitch command seems to have a light pink background???

My stick trim works fine in other modules. Warthog HOTAS

My teammates and myself had strange input on the trim during our last training, so it might be an issue with it as well, the plane was doing what he wanted trim wise. Our trim change were totally useless regarding.

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Hello, as i've write it in the other post, those bugs only happen in multiplayer, in all Maps, all weather. Not a single issue in Single Player.

Regards.

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

when you see the controls having red/pink, this is when you need to unman these lines and remap.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I'm having an erroneous yaw damper issue, keep having to switch off the yaw damper last couple of days

Please we need to report this ASAP, we have it here too, it's happen only in multiplayer, it make the plane impossible to fly with yaw damper on.

Tested in vanilla DCS, no issue in Single Player.

NOTE: In Multiplayer, only clients get issues, the server hoster have no trouble.

Yaw Damper Activated:

Disabeling the Damper[You will notice it]:

Edited by PSV_Tango

I fixed the problem...don't know what caused it but I fixed it by copying over the F-5E-3 input file from the release version to the beta version. It was working fine in the release version. Now all is good in the beta too!

Never thought of doing that. I'd just wait for an eventual fix.

Thanks for the tip.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

It's just takes time rome57, not as long as some other modules. Worth doing a bit of axis tuning, a few videos on youtube and stuff on these forums to help if you search for it. It will really allow you to get the most out of the F5.

PS Still having the yaw issues seems to happen in a certain speed range I understand ED are onto a fix for it which is great. Switching the YD off definitely works in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...
I fixed the problem...don't know what caused it but I fixed it by copying over the F-5E-3 input file from the release version to the beta version. It was working fine in the release version. Now all is good in the beta too!

Sounds Interesting. Can you give a step-by-step description on how to do that?

I have the same issue, single- and multi-player. After Take-off as the aircraft accelerates continues down trim is required until I reach maximum down trim around 290-300 knots. Then I run out of usable down trim. :(