Moltar's Mod Pack

Moltar's Mod Pack aims to provide a one stop shop for players and simmers looking for a more immersive experience in DCS. The pack includes, terrain and cockpit texture updates as well as a full overhaul to the DCS sounds. All mods that are included have been edited so that there are no conflicting files. Mods included in my pack can be found below.

Mods included in Moltar's Mod Pack

A-10 Audio Production Mod (Diveplane)

A-10 GAU8 (Diveplane)

A-10C Black Hud (Kozmyk)

A-10C Colonel Tacos A-10C Sounds (RAWMEXICANTACOS)

A-10C Colored Windshields_V1 (cepega)

A-10C HUD Symbology 1 Degree Up (BManx2000)

A-10C Real Sounds (243HT-Raptor)

A-10C TAD-MAP (Rocco1980)

A-10C Worn Cockpit (Devrim)

Air Distortions Audio Production (Diveplane)

AJS37 VIGGEN Complete English Cockpit Mod (Devrim)

AJS37 VIGGEN Sound Effects Fixes (Devrim)

AV8BN/A Correct Betty Counds (al531246)

AV8BN/A Dynamic Sound (112th_Rossi)

Better Explosion Sounds (Boris)

BF-109 K-4 Audio Production(Diveplane)

BF-109 K-4 IDB Sounds (5tuka)

Decreased Betty Volume (Kozmyk)

Edge Sounds (Rlaxoxo)

Environment Audio Production (Diveplane)

F-15 Audio Pack (hubson001)

F-15 Audio Production (Diveplane)

F-15 HD Cockpit Texture (c@sper)

F-15 Real Sounds (zzzspace)

F-15 Real Sound (243HT-Raptor)

F/A-18C Cockpit Cosmetic Pack (watermanpc)

F/A-18C Cockpit Displays Readability High Resolution (Rackham)

F/A-18C Sound Mod (I_Gamer)

F/A-18C Sound Mod (watermanpc)

F/A-18C M61A Vulcan Sound (atomtomgo)

F-86 Audio Production External Only Sound (Diveplane)

Flares Texture (2WIN_TOWR)

Fw-190 Audio Production (Diveplane)

Fw-190 Focke Wolf Junkers Jumo 213 (king palmer)

G-Breath Sound (Tetra)

Huey M60 Sound (243HT-RAPTOR)

Huey Sounds (Skullz)

KA-50 External Lights Texture (Diveplane)

KA-50 Gun Sound (=STP= Isegrims)

KA-50 Monocle Texture (toby23)

KA-50 Ricardo HD Cockpit (Ricardo)

KA-50 Rotor Sound (Devrim)

KA-50 Sounds (=STP= Isegrims)

L-39 Audio Production (Diveplane)

M-2000C HUD huge rework (sedenion)

Mi-8MTV2 Audio Production (Diveplane)

Mig-15 Bis Audio Production External Only (Diveplane)

MiG-15 Bis English Cockpit with Mainstay's Texture (uboats)

Mig-21 Bis GSh-23 Cannon Sound (_Quaggles)

Mig-21 Bis Metric English Cockpit (Quartermaster)

Mig-21 Bis Cleaned Canopy (Mortisrose)

MYSE1234's Realistic HUD (MYSE1234)

Other Planes and Weapons Effects Sounds (Diveplane)

P51 Sound Mod Beta (Caitlin14)

RAE Sounds (Ralfidude)

Older Module Switches (Rich)

Su-25 Audio Production (Diveplane)

Su-27 and 33 Audio Production (Diveplane)

Su-27 Grey English Cockpit Texture (Devrim)

Su-27 and 33 Side Panels (EELocker)

Unofficial RoughMet Patch (Fallen)

Wreckage Burn Time (Kuky)

Here are some in-game examples of what parts of the sound portion of the mod sounds like. I am no wizard with the camera, but hopefully this gives you some sense of what you're getting into. The sounds shown are NOT the only sounds modified. This is only a small test of the overall changes. (WARNING - These videos are loud!)

Everything in this mod pack that has come from another author has been credited in the Hoggit link. There is also a lot of stuff that has come from me directly, but I didn't feel the need to list that stuff.

This version of the mod, I feel, is the closest so far that I have been able to get to real life for several of the jets and weapons. There is still a long way to go, but we have made some significant headway. Be aware though, this mod is EXTREMELY LOUD! My goal in this pack is to make the soundscape in this game as true to life as possible. We all know how loud jets and helicopters are in real life. I've aimed to recreate that. Set your volume accordingly.

This mod pack is broken up into sections. This modularity allows for users to enable or disable features at will.

• Cockpit - Cockpit liveries for several aircraft. Some are enabled by default, but many need to be enabled in the Special menu in the DCS World options.
  • HUD - Modifications to make HUDs more realistic and also contains the black HUD mod.
  • Sound - My sound mod that encompass the best of the best from around the net along with many changes by yours truly.
  • Map - Mustang's Map Textures (Caucuses) - Mustang's custom textures and noise files for the Caucuses map. (DO NOT USE THIS WITH STARYWAY'S CAUCUSES TEXTURES - USE ONE OR THE OTHER)
  • Map - Mustang's Map Textures (Persian Gulf) - Mustang's custom noise files for the Persian Gulf map.
  • Map - Starways Map Textures - (Caucuses) - Starway's custom textures and noise files for the Caucuses map. (DO NOT USE THIS WITH MUSTANG'S CAUCUSES TEXTURES - USE ONE OR THE OTHER)
  • Extra - A10C Colored Windshields - Changes the left and right front windshields in the A10C to a gold color that is true to life.
  • Extra - A10C Countermeasures Profiles - A custom countermeasures profile for the A10C. This is mainly to be used with manual settings enabled.
  • Extra - Quiet Betty - Lowers the volume of Bitching Betty.

Finally, if you have any issues or suggestions, please, please let me know. I am always open for feedback on this pack. Its hard for me to find and fix everything and its difficult sometimes to get things to real life as my ear is not perfect.

This mod pack should pass IC 100%. If you run into any issues with IC please let me know and we can get it fixed

Discord

If you have not already, join me on Discord. I am a member of Splash One Gaming and provide updates to my mod pack there. There are constant updates, usually weekly, but sometimes daily, to my pack. S1G is also a great place to just hang out and talk aviation. Again, if you have not already joined, come check us out.

Splash One Gaming Discord

OVGME

If you are not using a mod manager at this time you should be. I currently use OVGME and it works wonders. Information for OVGME is below.

OVGME

Download for Mod Pack ( Updated 7/22/2019 )

Moltar's Mod Pack Download

Download and Stay Up-To-Date On Moltar's Mod Pack Using OvGME

Pretty big update today...

You can now update my mod directly using OvGME.

If we ELI5, this means that you can have OvGME query the repositories and it will let you know if one or more parts of my mod are out of date. If it is, you can simply hit download and it will download the most up-to-date version.

If you do not already have OvGME I would highly suggest you get it, not only for the repository, but also for the ease at which you can turn mods on and off. Even if you already have JSGME, I would still highly suggest you switch. OvGME, to me, is a better piece of software that both runs better and quicker.

How to setup OvGME to use the Moltar's Mod repositories:

First off, we need get the OvGME client it self. The original mirrors have been taken off line, but it can still be found at this private mirror, OvGME Download.

Second, after we have OvGME installed and configured for our DCS install, we need to add the new repositories to OvGME so that it knows where to look for the mod files.

NA MIRROR:

http://195.201.110.22/downloads/moltars_mod/moltars_mod_na.xml

Go to Mods > Repositories > Configure

JjOFeWe.png

Type the URL for the location that is closest to you in the URL field and select Add. The location URL's are listed above. Hit close when done.

H23bgMp.png

Go to Mods > Repositories > Query

hXsMhn8.png

If you do NOT already have the all or parts of the mod, a grey arrow will appear. If you have it, but it is out of date, a red arrow pointing up will be present. If you have it and it is up-to-date a green check will be seen.

You can either use CTRL+Click to select parts that you want to download followed by 'Download Selected' or you can download all of the parts regardless of the state by simply hitting 'Download All'.

Zgdsmth.png

Once done your downloads will begin and once completed will show in the OvGME mod file window.

JjOFeWe

Kozmyk's A10C Black Hud (Optional)

Some of you do not like the black HUD that I run in the A10C. If you would like to remove it simple delete the file at the below file path from my mod pack.

ModsaircraftA-10CCockpitScriptsHUDIndicatorHUD_init.lua

Edited by M0ltar
  • Like 1

Highly recommend this mod pack to all, I have been using it for a while and it's a godsend. It's a "best of the best" of the mods available, all without having to do any of the work.

Thank you, Moltar, for your work on this. It is much appreciated by myself and many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=
Phone typo's

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Thanks that's awesome!

Anyhow i think there is a problem with the su27: inside the cockpit as soon as you start the APU a strange sound appears , it's like a sort of "clock" "tic tic " every 2 seconds, and it never stopps

Edited by Goa
adding more text

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Thanks that's awesome!

Anyhow i think there is a problem with the su27: inside the cockpit as soon as you start the APU a strange sound appears , it's like a sort of "clock" "tic tic " every 2 seconds, and it never stopps

That is from this mod. Its a rework of the RWR sounds for all planes by Ralfidude.

RAE - [R]WR [A]UDIO [E]XPANSION

If you want to remove it and want to go back to the old RWR sounds, delete this folder at the below file path.

!Moltar's Mods for DCS V11.2 No Textures 11062017\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Cockpits\RWR

ohh thanks a lot M0ltar, the rest of the mod is superb, i love the sounds, they are very beautiful!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

KA-50 Hud is not very bright anymore ? hard to read it tbh. Other then that very good pack!

There is a mod in the mod pack that attempts to make HUDs more realistic. If you would like to remove it to get the brighter HUD back delete this mod for the KA50 by doing the following.

Mod name: MYSE1234's Realistic HUD mod

Delete: !Moltar's Mods for DCS V11.3 No Textures F5 Fixed 11082017\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\IndicationTextures

Ohh thank you m0ltar :) :pilotfly:

There is a mod in the mod pack that attempts to make HUDs more realistic. If you would like to remove it to get the brighter HUD back delete this mod for the KA50 by doing the following.

Mod name: MYSE1234's Realistic HUD mod

Delete: !Moltar's Mods for DCS V11.3 No Textures F5 Fixed 11082017\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\IndicationTextures

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :pilotfly:

Pierre Thuresson

Wen you say signature do you mean the labels?

If it is labels, try deleting this folder from my mod pack and reloading it.

\!Moltar's Mods for DCS V11.4 No Textures F5 Fixed 11122017\Config\View

Edited by M0ltar

Does the pack include different preset programs for the countermeasures? If so, how to revert those ack to the original ones?

I actually completely forgot that that was there. I run a custom setup because I fly on manual dispense as Ive had issues with semi-auto and auto. If you wish to remove it delete the below at the following file path.

!Moltar's Mods for DCS V11.4 No Textures F5 Fixed 11122017\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALE40V\device\AN_ALE40V_params.lua

Mod has been updated to version 12. This iteration includes separated parts of the mod to ease the ability of turning certain parts on and off like the countermeasures and HUDs.

Check the OP for the download link.

Moltar, which file do I need to change/delete to remove the gold tinting of side windows in the A-10C? Thanks for all your work on this pack.

Would be this file...

\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Textures

However, just a heads up. Im currently uploading a new version of the mod that contains changes to the A10C sounds and puts this file in its own separate folder for JSGME or OVGME. Makes it easy to just not enable it. Ive also added quiet Betty to its own folder as well for those that don't want it.