So, have to buy CA to take helm of the Carrier? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #1
Sonoda Umi

Default So, have to buy CA to take helm of the Carrier?

I have pre-ordered Supercarrier.

I just found the features description saying as below:

During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:

Air Boss station.
Briefing room.
Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.
More LSO station interactions.
Combined Arms integration.
"Burble" effect.
Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.
Functional barricade net.

It means that I have to buy CA to take helm of the Carrier? As I said before(in the other posts), it's not fair for I only-Supercarrier owner, and I'm sorry for that I have no interest on Army and Ground engagement so CA is really unnecessarily for me.

I'm a pure-naval player so I'm eager to take command the Carrier and her aircraft and need a solution to control the Carrier without CA.
Sonoda Umi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
[Maverick]
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoda Umi View Post
it's not fair
Neither is asking to get modules for free because you don't think you should have to pay for something someone else developed.

To control surface units in DCS you need to own CA, its not fair of you to expect features from another module to be included in this one because you don't want to pay for the extra functionality that CA gives you.

104th Phoenix Commanding Officer / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero
[Maverick] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
Revelation

I don’t know Mav. I think the carrier module should allow control of only the assets in the package without the need for CA. CA integration should be there to allow limited control for CA owners that don’t own the carrier module.

I also think I remember reading that SC owners would be able to take control and no mention of needing CA. I could be wrong but I think that is the case.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
Sonoda Umi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I think the carrier module should allow control of only the assets in the package without the need for CA. CA integration should be there to allow limited control for CA owners that don’t own the carrier module.
+1

I said that in the earlier time. I just want to control of ONLY the assets in the SC, and it seems that not a over-estimated wish and not a difficult technique to implement. I also mentioned that I can wait it to be materialized in the late-stage of early access even formally released stage.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:34 PM   #5
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi

you do not require combined arms to purchase the supercarrier.

Combined Arms integration and features are to be confirmed yet.

thank you
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:40 PM   #6
=Mac=

Bought. Paid for. Urgently dreaming of the day I can land on the boat... PLEASE tell me it's being EA tomorrow morning. Tonight would be even better!
Old 01-17-2020, 05:47 PM   #7
Sonoda Umi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi

you do not require combined arms to purchase the supercarrier.

Combined Arms integration and features are to be confirmed yet.

thank you
Hello,

I know that CA is not required for purchase the SC.(And I have bought the supercarrier)
My question is - to control(steer) the ship require to buy combined arms?

Thanks.

Last edited by Sonoda Umi; 01-17-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:14 AM   #8
||CaptHawk

I don't think they have an answer yet as to the integration of CA as stated. CA is on sale for $20 right now which is a great deal.

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates"
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Intel Core i7 3770K @4.2 | Asus P8Z77-V Pro Thunderbolt | 32GB Patriot Limited Addition DDR3 1600MHz Ram | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen|Saitek x52 Pro|
||CaptHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #9
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoda Umi View Post
Hello,

I know that CA is not required for purchase the SC.(And I have bought the supercarrier)
My question is - to control(steer) the ship require to buy combined arms?

Thanks.
As mentioned combine arms integration is to be confirmed yet, when we know more we will let you all know.

thanks
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:24 AM   #10
Sonoda Umi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
As mentioned combine arms integration is to be confirmed yet, when we know more we will let you all know.

thanks
Can the ED team give me an answer about that: yes or no. I need make a decision whether buy CA or not.

Thanks.